Other Medical Supplies:
Warm Steam Vaporizer
Vicks
Vicks Waterless Vaporizer

Vicks Waterless Vaporizer

The benefits of a vaporizer without the hassle.

I bought the Vicks Waterless Vaporizer because I was tired of cleaning out and refilling my traditional vaporizer. This product delivers the vicks scent that we all rely on, but I doubt it would be very affective in a large room. However, I used it in my two-year-old daughter's bedroom to help her sleep through the night without coughing and to control her runny nose, and it definitely seemed to help.

Vicks Waterless Vaporizer is effective but has high cost per use

My son suffers from hayfever, and about 6 months out of the year he has a stuffy nose at bedtime. We've tried just about everything, and found that the menthol scent in combination with other things works well to relieve his stuffiness. Along the way, we tried the Vick's Waterless Vaporizer. We love how well it works but the cost per use is so high, we can't afford to use it as much as we need to. We ended up getting a Vicks humidifier with some Kaz steam inhalant, which is much more affordable for regular use.

The Vicks Waterless Vaporizer is a tiny, square shaped unit you plug into the wall. You place a one-time-use scented pad inside and close the lid. As it heats the pad, the menthol scent is released. It lasts all night long and stays nice and strong. I loved using it because it's not messy, and you don't have to worry about hot water or hot steam burning your child. The only two things I don't like about it are the bright green "nightlight" that you can't turn off, and the fact that the refill pads are so terribly expensive. The cost of the pads is why I didn't give it a higher rating. This would work well for travel or someone who needs to use it only occasionally, but it didn't meet our needs.

Excellent product overall

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

I have had this device for 4 years, and it works well after heavy use, often all day and night. I use the pads that go with the device to infuse scents I have made and mixed, plus use the menthol eucalyptus pads as made by the manufacturers. It makes the whole bedroom smell wonderful, plus during times of nasal congestion, helps me breathe better and alleviates minor headaches. Recently, my cat contracted bronchitis and needed a long recovery, and this vaporizer improved her breathing at night and made a difference to her as she recovered. We both breathed better and slept better.

The Vicks Vaporizer is Great for Easing Sinus Pain

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

I have owned this product for about 5 years and I pretty much use it year-round. I have severe sinus issues and I don't know what I'd do without it. It works great and it's not hard to set up and use each night. The vapors open up my sinuses and also help with any coughing. I wish the product was a bit more durable, as I'm on my 4th one in 5 years. It might be also due to the fact that I use the product all the time. I wouldn't be able to get a good night's sleep without this product.

Great Idea and product

from Palm Coast, FL

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

I also found this product to be wonderful I actually found a small one of these for 5.00 at big lots it works great has a nice little night light option  comes with about 6 pads and the pads can be found at wal-mart . this is a great alternative to the water vaporizers that you have to worry about cleaning properly so as not to make colds or allergy's worst , I use this for my allergy's as my nose gets stuffed up all the time from pollen epically here in Florida . also I would think it would be good for small kids because you don't have to worry about accidental spills .

Great product!!!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

When the doctor told me to sleep with a vaporizer, I could not believe it.  I have not used one since my kids were little (and of course, did not own it anymore).  At the drugstore I found the Vicks "waterless" vaporizer.  It is small, and I did not have to fill it up with water and drag it to the bedroom. I just inserted a small square pad and plugged it in.  The "Vicks Vap O Rub" scent permiated through the bedroom and sleeping was a breeze.  Great product!

Waterless Vaporizer is a must have

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

I was a little iffy on trying this but I am really happy I did. Instead of havng to create a hot room or a muggy room for the children when they are sick you can just plug this in and it starts working right away. You can smell it but theres no moisture. A must have especially for kids

Vicks Waterless Vaporizer is effective but has high cost per use

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

Works great and helped me breathe

from North Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

We bought this when I had a very bad cold. It comes with 5 pads to start with. I like that it lasts for almost 8 hours so it lasts the whole time I am sleeping. The moment I turned it on the whole room smelled like vicks. I can't use normal vicks as my skin is sensative and it burns me. I was able to get the same effect as normal vicks without having to put the greasy smelly burning stuff on my chest. It comes with a night light. Mine glowed green which is a bit weird.  So at first I was a bit turned off by the light but it no longer bothers me. The replacement pads are a bit expensive so I only use this when I absolutely need to breathe. It is a nice compact size so it is easy to find a spot to place it. You will however need an outlet to plug it in to. IT is very easy to use and only requires that you place one of the scented pads in the center of it and close it. I would recommend this for anyone who needs to breath and has sensative skin that prevents them from using the old fashioned method.

The benefits of a vaporizer without the hassle.

from Alabaster, AL

This works.

from Horn Lake, MS

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

I recently was suffering from a head cold when I went to a local retailer and saw the Vick's waterless vaporizer. This product cleared my head cold in a matter of a few days. I was amazed how well this worked. I highly recommend this product to everyone especially around the flu season.

Best thing since sliced bread!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Vicks Waterless Vaporizer:

I LOVE this vaporizer!  Not having to refill the water every few hours is a time and energy saver.  I use it whenever I feel a little congested and it helps clear the congestion.  I am recovering from walking pneumonia and it was instrumental in my recovery.  Thanks, Vicks!