Other Humidifiers:
Vicks
V745A
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off V745-A

Summary

Vicks Pure Warm Mist Humidifier for Relief of Cold & Flu Symptoms. This humidifier boils water to a pure steam vapor up to 96% bacteria free. This mixes with dry air in the cooling chamber to release warm, moist air into the room.

Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off V745-A

Not the greatest humidifer, but not the worst either.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off V745-A:

The Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut Off (V745-A) was the first model I purchased for my own bedroom because I was having issues with the dry winter weather causing me to have nosebleeds. It is not a great humidifier. To be honest, it is kind of loud. I did not mind it so much at night because I sleep with a fan on that is kind of loud, but during the day, without the fan running, it was very noticeable. I bought this one because it was so well priced and I used to forget to turn it off. The auto shut-off is wonderful if you are forgetful like me. Unfortunately, once I moved into a bigger home, this little thing was not enough to keep up with a bigger bedroom, so I ended up giving it to my sister, who has said it is perfect for her little apartment over my garage. So, it is not the best humidifier, but it does get the job mostly done. I would recommend it for smaller spaces and if you can deal with a louder humidifier.

• Output Volume:

Warm Mist is way to go for colds

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off V745-A:

I keep a humidifier on my nightstand nearly all year round. I have a cool mist, non Vicks brand humidifier during the summer months to keep allergies at bay. My friend in med school suggested the cool mist after telling me that taking over the counter allergy decongestants every day is bad for your system.

This warm mist I break out when I have a cold. I think it does a better job for that really stuffed up congestion and pressure built up in my head. Not to mention I like the feeling of sticking my head over the humidifier and letting all the snot (gross, I know) drain from my nose. I don't bother with a filer since I am only using the warm mist for a week or two at a time. I do give it a good scrubbing when I first take it down from the closet and before I put it back up for the season though. The auto shut off feature of this model is a nice touch even though the noise it give off doesn't bother me. I almost like the hum of the consistent white noise.

I got this model in particular since it has the medicine reservoir. You can drop in some liquid Vicks or sucking on a peppermint or even putting some Carmex lip balm in the container in the cup part works in a pinch as well. Vicks and Carmex both have the ingredients menthol and camphor.

• Output Volume: