Other Humidifiers:

Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier

Pros

Cons

• Output Volume:

Helps me feel better when I have a sore throat, cold, or the flu

During my last visit to my general practitioner, I had a terribly raw, sore throat, a cough, and a fever...you know...I had the flu. My throat gets so painful sometimes that I can barely speak. My doctor said that I should get a humidifier for my bedroom because the dry heat coming from our heating system was probably just drying out my throat and my sinuses even more than are normally, which is already really bad. I certainly wasn't going to argue with him...anything to help, right?

I bought myself a **Vicks V745A Warm Mist Humidifier** and I find myself using it almost constantly. It really does put out a wonderful warm mist that does wonders in helping to moisturize my dry throat and it helps my cough, too. It has also proven itself to help my husband's stuffy nose due to his allergies.

This product is easy to use, and you can put regular water in it or you can add a vapor, which really helps a lot when you can't breath through your nose or have a lot of congestion in your head or chest.

Here's Vick's description of their **V745A Warm Mist Humidifier:**

*Experience the Warmer Side of Cough and Cold Relief. Like the idea of warmth? The V745A Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier provides a warm, moist humidifying option.
95% bacteria-free warm moisture for soothing relief of cough and congestion symptoms. Quiet operation. Two settings for ideal comfort. Night-light allows humidifier to be seen in the dark. Medicine cup for the addition of Vicks VapoSteam or Kaz Inhalant. Automatic shutoff. 1-gallon capacity; operates up to 12 hours on a single filling.*

I remember using a humidifier for my sons when they were toddlers, and it always helped them a lot. I don't know why it never occurred to me to buy one for myself, but I'm so thankful that my doctor recommended that I buy and use one.

I'm very happy with all aspects of my **Vicks V745A Warm Mist Humidifier.** I don't have to worry about turning it off because it has automatic shut off, it lasts for 11 or 12 hours before it needs to be refilled, the moisture is warm, and it's very effective in helping my dry sore throat, congestion, and cough.

If you're looking for a good humidifier, this one has been very good for me and I recommend this product without hesitation.

Output Volume
There are two output volume settings on the Vicks V745A Warm Mist Humidifier. Take your pick...a lot of output or not so much. I think having both options is a terrific asset. You won't be disappointed with this function.

I haven't experienced any clogging, sputtering, or other problems with my Vicks V745A Warm Mist Humidifier. It gently and quietly emits warm moisture into the air, and it even has a night light, a medicine cup, and automatic shut-off. It performs wonderfully.

This product is as easy to clean as any other humidifier I have ever owned. I rinse it with warm, soapy water, and wipe the outside with a warm cloth and it's clean. It's very easy to clean.

So far, so good! I have only had mine for several months, but it seems to be constructed very well. It's not made of cheap, thin plastic, and I think it's going to hold up very well.

I love the design of the Vicks V745A Warm Mist Humidifier. The warm, moist air helps me so much, the medicine cup is wonderful, I like the night light, the automatic shut-off feature, and the fact that it has two settings. I wouldn't change anything about it!

Stains walls

I thought this humidifier was going to be great for my daughter as her first 12 months of life she got many colds, it seemed to help her breath better and clear up her colds, but one morning when I went in to get her from her room, the ceiling was wet and brown! I thought we had a roof leak and it was from the steam shooting up from the humidifier. Also it gets very hot in the inside that makes me nervous having it in a baby's room.

Best Humidifier

from Virginia

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

When my children are sick I try every method possible to help with their cold symptoms. Having a 2 and 3 year old, it makes it even harder to help cold symptoms because there's not alot of cold medicines for them. About 3 months ago my middle daughter age 3 started off with what I thought was a simple cold. I bought the Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier because the ones I had at home weren't helping her. I felt this particular humidifier offered more, so I was hopeful it would help her breath better. I used the medicine cup that's included, added Vicks Vapor Steam to the water, and filled the container which holds 1 Gallon. It has 2 settings, and has an auto shut off option. The first time I tried it i couldn't tell if it was working or not, the machine was that quiet, after about 5 minutes I could smell the vapor steam and could see the mist. I noticed a difference in the air fairly fast, of course it took some time to help my 3 year old, her cough was still present but I knew she was inhaling the extra moisture she needed for her dry cough. I ran it all night without refilling which was about 12 hours. It automatically shuts off when it runs out of water, and refilling is easy. My favorite aspect to this machine is it doesn't have a changeable filter! There is a built in filter that cleans easy and catches dirt and other contaimanents. I highly recommend this warm mist humidifier, I use it even when my family is cold free, it adds moisture to the air, and helps all of us breath easier.

We Have Two of Them!

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

This is a great humidifier! We bought our first one when our daughter was a baby to help her breath at night when she had a stuffy nose. It still works great three years later! We bought another one just like it a few months ago when our son was born to help him breathe as well. I like that this humidifier has a high and low level depending on how stuffed up their noses are. I LOVE that it has an automatic shut-off when the water runs out. When the humidifier is on the low setting the water can last almost through two twelve-hour nights for my kids; it's so nice that I don't have to constantly keep filling it up! Both of my kid's rooms are fairly small and the humidifier keeps the air warm and moist very well, almost too well sometimes. When we use them all night for several nights in a row water builds up in the window and along the walls and tends to drip which is annoying at times to have to wipe down the walls. I have to clean them out every few months since we have very hard water.

Congestion reliever

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

The Vicks V745A warm mist humidifier was a great investment I bought about 2 years ago. My little one was congested and so upon the recommendation of our physician we bought the humidifier. What a relief! It alleviates head and chest congestion, coughing, sore throat and any other symptoms of cold and or flu. As we all know the air in our homes tends to me more dry because of the indoor heat and so the humidifier removes the dry heat enabling the air to be more breathable and moist. This in turn makes it easier to breathe without making you stuffy as well as your nasal passages dry and throat sore. I know I hate feeling dry mucous in my nose and getting it out is a chore. So having the humidifier definitely prevents that from happening or lessens it to beveasily removed without bleeding.
There is also a small area at the top of the humidifier to add vapor liquid (we used Vicks) which allows it to evaporate into the air with the warm mist. This helps a whole lot especially when you have a cold or flu. I've had this humidifier for about 2 years and must I say it works like a charm everyone I use it, especially winter months. It's easy to set up and use and have even recommended to friends and family. There is an adjustment knob which lights up green when the humidifier it's turned on that allows you to set it low to high and all you do is fill it up to the line that indicates the max with cool water add your vapor liquid if you prefer, plug it in, adjust it to the setting you desire and you're good to go. It last about 10 or more hours before you need to refill. Although when it's low the adjustable knob will light up red to let you know, very convenient feature.
I've noticed that it's also help keep my skin moist and less itchy because of the airs moisture. And even cleared my sinuses. Therefore, I highly recommend the Vicks warm mist humidifier to any and everyone looking to relieve congestion, sore throat, sinuses, cold and or flu, dry skin et cetera. You won't be disappointed with the results and besides, it was about 40 bucks on sale when I bought it at target. All in all, besides the minor cleaning issue I had with the humidifier it's a keeper for the entire family.

Output Volume
Powerhouse humidifier to combat congestion, sore throat, cold and flu.

Works well even after 2 years of use and still going stronger.

One point was taken off since the opening where you fill out up with water is small so it makes it difficult to clean it thoroughly. After continuous use it develops white residue from the water. Eventually I figured out a way to clean it, I used a bottle brush (long one) or a long stick with cleaning cloth with a little bit of soap. Gets it clean and removes the film everytime. Be sure to regularly clean it so the film doesn't build up making it hard to clean.

Aforementioned, bought it 2 years ago and I still use it and not had a problem. So far so good.

As long as it does the job the design doesn't matter to me. It's medium size but doesn't take up to much space anywhere you place it. It's not bad looking.

Wonderful humidifier

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

This is a great humidifier, my little kiddos tend to get stuffy noses and colds throughout the winter and it's so great to soothe them and allow them to breathe a bit better by putting a humidifier in their room, it has also helped my husband and I whenever we happen to have a bit of congestion as well. This humidifier is wonderfully priced, it really exceeded my expectations. I have had humidifiers that were so difficult to clean, one's that were so loud that even if it did work to clear you of congestion, the sound of it would keep you awake, but not this one, they really did a great job with this one, it's so super quiet and very simple to clean and take apart for even more thorough cleaning of the humidifier. It doesn't leak and is so super easy to fill up. It lasts very long too, so you aren't having to get up in the middle of the night to refill it over and over again another thing you don't want to do if you're feeling under the weather.

Output Volume
This humidifier works perfectly even in a large master bedroom, it gives the perfect amount of warm humidity to help you breathe better!

This humidifier works perfectly, it's super quiet and lasts for a very long time even running on high one tank lasts all throughout the night which is so great!

Very simple to clean, it's easily disassembled and it takes almost nothing to clean it, just don't leave the water in it, I make sure to clean ours after each use.

Extremely durable, this humidifier works wonderfully every single time.

Great design, super simple to clean as well as the ease of filling it up.

Works great

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

I love this humidifier simply because I am pretty much allergic to everything. And there tends to be dust pile ups in my household and yes I am allergic to dust mites. Sometimes dusting doesn't really do the job. And I feel like I am allergic to my room. Yes that sound's weird. But I purchased the humidifier so I can sleep comfortably and it works great. I love it. It also gives the room a Vick's scent which I love.. At first I was confused on how to add the stuff to the humidifier. But it's all reading. It performs really well. I recommend for anyone who has kids and their sinuses are always messed up causing them to sleep uncomfortablly.

• Output Volume:

Fantastic at removing dry heat and adding moisture to the air

from New York, NY

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

Our house gets very dry in the winter months, especially with the heat cranked up. The dry air causes dry sinuses and my skin gets very dry and itchy. After doing research, we decided to buy a humidifier for the bedroom hoping this would help alleviate our problems. We settled on the Vicks Warm Mist humidifier, largely due to the great reviews.

We are very pleased with our purchase. It has been used extensively this winter and we have noticed a major difference in the dryness. Our house is far less dry, we can breathe easier and my skin feels silky smooth again.

Among the pros:

It is very easy to clean. A quick wipe down and your are good to go.
It is quiet. So quiet, that we don't even notice it being on. Which is great as it is in our bedroom.
It is good value for money

The only minor negative is the design. It is plain and not visually appealing, but it works great and that is all I can ask for.

Update: 10/05/2013: This Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier is still going strong. I stand by the points in my original review and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a humidifier.

Vicks Humidifer--Great for the money

from Greer, SC

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

We purchased this humidifier when our daughter started getting eczema as the weather got colder. We were pleasantly surprised with this humidifier. It kept the room nice and warm and allowed her to breathe easier, it also kept moisture in the air that really helped with her dry skin and eczema. In fact, we noticed an immediate improvement to her eczema. The water tank does last a whole twelve hours or maybe a bit longer. We refilled ours everyday because we had it on constantly--anytime our daughter was in the room (naps and bedtime mostly) in was on. The soft green glow of the dial also served as a very nice little night light for the room. I thought the tank was easy to fill (we used the faucet in the shower), but it is a bit deceiving because of the shape of the tank, you think it's filled fuller than it is when you're filling it. All in all, I think this is a great product and would really recommend it.

a bit of a hassle, but not difficult

Best for the Price

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

I have used several different humidifiers, and to me, this one has worked the best for the price. The output is good and you have several different settings to chose from. The design is simple without being overly childish or tacky. Also, it is more durable than the Crane humidifiers I used in the past. My only complaint is that it is difficult to really clean out the water chamber and all the parts inside. I can't completely fault this particular model though, because they all seem to be made that way....I don't know why they can't make a humidifier with a door that opens at the bottom, or something like that, which would allow you to really get in there and scrub surfaces. I suppose it is because this type of product is considered disposable--use for a few months/couple years then toss it out. Either way, I have been happy with this humidifier and used it frequently when my toddler is ill or my husband and I are congested, and it gets the job done.

Great humidifier!

from Orange, NJ

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

I really can't say enough positive things about this humidifier. I really have no complaints about the Vicks brand. They make make great products and this humidifier is a prime example. You can barely hear it when it is on yet you can know by it's performance that it is working and working well. Some humidifiers require "special" maintenance procedures and filtered water, etc... I think this brand is pretty easy to use and doesn't really require too much fuss to get it working. It is also durable as others who have said, it lasts for several years and goes strong. I like its simple design as well. It is not too bulky and not tiny either. It is just the right fit for even a small sized apartment. Overall, I would definitely recommend this brand and this product!

• Output Volume:

Great humidifier, but breaks easily

Comments about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier:

My husband I use this humidifier in our bedroom on a nightly basis during the winter. We run a wood pellet stove which makes our house very dry. Our room is about 16 x 20 and this really helps to add moisture to the air. One downside is that I dropped it once last winter when I was moving it. It fell on the carpet, knob side down. The humidifier still works really well, but now all we have is one setting when we use the knob, which is about medium. It seems to go through a ton of water though.
The only inconvenient part I've noticed about the humidifier is with the tank being so large it is difficult to fit in any bathroom sink and usually we have to fill it in the bathtub. But overall, GREAT product!