4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Vicks but in a cough drop

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Vicks VapoDrops:

The Vicks Vapo Drops are meant to give you fast relief for sore throats and coughs. They are unique because they turn into a syrup that is very soothing to the throat.

The only active ingredient in the Vicks Vapo Drops is menthol which is a great natural cough suppressant, and helps to sooth sore throats.

They come in several different flavors like menthol and cherry, but I used the cherry flavor. It was pretty decent, and not as bad as other cherry flavored cough drop that I have tried.

These aren't my absolute favorite cough drop I've tried, but they do a decent job at soothing and moisturizing my throat while helping to suppress my coughs. The menthol didn't get rid of my coughing completely but it helped enough to make me comfortable to make it through the day. They also helped a lot with my chest congestion. My chest was less tight and heavy. I felt like I was able to breathe again because the Vicks opened everything up.

I really did enjoy these, and would buy them again.

Congestion Relief
The menthol helped open up my chest and nose, cooling my throat/sinuses. They felt exactly like the Vicks Vapo Rub but in a cough drop. They opened up every single airway.

Chest Congestion Relief
It opened up my airways because of the menthol. It made it easier to breathe through my chest, and to cough up the mucus/make my coughs more productive.

Relief of Aches & Pains
They only helped with my sore throat pain due to coughing, but did not help with any other aches and pains.

Cough Suppression
Overall they worked well to suppress my coughs. They have menthol in them which cooled and eased my sore throat to help stop the coughing. I didn't feel like my cougs were completely gone, but enough to make me feel better.

• Cough Suppression:

Clear congestion and feel better.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Vicks VapoDrops:

I have always used Vicks products my whole life and when my cough was horrible and my throat was killing me I knew that I needed something to make me feel better. I found these at a gas station on my way to work, this is the only place that I have ever been able to find them at. The cherry flavor actually taste really good and as soon as you put it in your mouth you get that same sensation in your nose and sinuses that you get when you smell Vicks. Everything instantly opened up for me and I was able to breath once again. My cough on the other hand was awful and it did help a little bit, but it did not take everything away, I was still coughing a lot but my sore throat that went along with it was drastically reduced so it made coughing a lot more tolerable. My congestion in my chest got a lot better and my chest did not feel near as tight as it had before, I was able to breath easier and expand my lungs.

Cough Suppression
I wish these works better for coughs, that is the only bad thing about them, it did not help with my coughing very much.

Surprisingly good!

from VA

Comments about Vicks VapoDrops:

I was very reluctant to try the Vicks VapoDrops when my husband brought them home for me instead of my trusty Ludens. I absolutely hate the taste of menthol cough drops. I love the smell, but hate the taste and just can't use any cough drops with menthol in them. He insisted that someone at work had recommended them to him and when he tried them, they actually tasted good and didn't have that menthol taste to them. Honestly, I didn't believe him. lol But I went ahead and tried one (to start with) and was actually surprised at how good it tasted. I went ahead and finished the full dose of three, and was thoroughly impressed with the taste. He had picked up the cherry flavor and not the menthol thankfully. But he said he had tried the menthol as well and it wasn't too bad. Anyways, these work pretty quickly to help relieve sore throat and cough. And the dosage lasts quite awhile to continue to alleviate the symptoms. You take 3 drops at a time, and the price is extremely reasonable!

• Cough Suppression:

These are a really great new product you should try

Comments about Vicks VapoDrops:

I got these because a friend of mine was using them at work and swore by them. I figured that I knew and trusted the Vick's brand, so I would give it a try. I am very happy with them and they have really helped with both my congestion and my sore throat. They taste great, really soothing but still mild enough that it doesn't taste like straight medicine.

Vicks VapoDrops: Menthol Relief is On the Way

from Houston, TX

Comments about Vicks VapoDrops:

A cough, sore throat, or both can lead to an unproductive, tiring day. But the good news is that many good, over the counter medicines exist that can lessen these problems. A brand known for its ability to clear the sinuses is Vicks, but it also offers a few other medicines with other abilities and one of them is Vicks VapoDrops.

How Do They Work?:

Vicks VapoDrops are offered in cherry or menthol flavors and they are nothing more than small cough drops with special ingredients to soothe a sore throat and bring relief to coughing. They can be safely taken by adults or children five years of age or older. Vicks recommends taking two Menthol at a time or three Cherry flavor at a time, for maximum effect. Both use menthol as the active ingredient to soothe a sore throat, but the Menthol variety has double the dose of menthol compared to the cherry.

Are These Cough Drops Effective?:

Vicks VapoDrops cough drops can make a difference in controlling a sore throat, which can then lead to less coughing and better feeling overall. Vicks products are known for their use of menthol as an active ingredient, and menthol is, again, the chief agent in the fight against coughs and sore throats in these drops.

Vicks VapoDrops do make some difference, but one thing to note is that the menthol flavor does contain a higher dose of menthol and that is why the manufacturer recommends taking just two at a time vs. three of the cherry at a time. The cherry taste a little better, but the menthol are stronger and a little more effective. The throat does feel a little more soothed and I find these better than Halls. However, a really bad cough will not change much with these drops. A really tough cough and really nasty sore throat require a stronger medicine.

My Bottom Line:

Vicks VapoDrops are a good medicine and I like them better than the majority of cough drops on the market. They cannot handle a difficult cough or sore throat, but they do make some difference and are convenient to take. If you can handle the flavor, buy the menthol variety- they contain more active ingredient and work more quickly, for a better sense of relief.

Congestion Relief
Not made for this type of relief.

Chest Congestion Relief
Not made for this type of relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Not made for this type of relief

Cough Suppression
The cough relief with this medicine is better than other cough drops, but a really strong cough syrup works better.

• Cough Suppression:

Vicks VapoDrops are less pungent than traditional cough drops

from Dunedin, FL

Comments about Vicks VapoDrops:

It's been two years since I've had a sore throat and this winter season I've gotten slammed I'm currently battling my second sore throat.  On our way to a Christmas party, I had to stop off and purchase some cough drops at a Rally's gas station (this is the only place I can find Vicks VapoDrops) finding Vicks' cough drops and thought I'd give them a try.   I was pleasantly surprised that the cherry flavor was tolerable and better tasting than other drops and the overwhelming taste and smells of Menthol I normally associate with traditional cough drops wasn't as dominate in Vicks VapoDrops.  The directions on the box says to "allow 3 drops to dissolve slowly in mouth; however, I usually just use one at a time.

The Facts:

- flavors: menthol and cherry

- packaged in a box containing twenty drops

- Active Ingredient: Menthol 1.7mg per drop

- Uses: temporarily relieves sore throat and coughs due to colds or inhaled irritants

- Adults & children 5 yrs and older

On a side note today I purchased Vicks' Vitamin C oranged flavored supplements which are pretty tasty.