3.5
Vicks
Vicks V5100 1.50 Gallon Humidifier

Vicks V5100 1.50 Gallon Humidifier

3.5

Pretty much what you'd expect from a humidifier.

Comments about Vicks V5100 1.50 Gallon Humidifier:

This humidifier does it's job. We first bought this humidifier when our daughter was born. She was having some congestion issues and I knew that a having some moisture in her room would help. I was right. She regained her health almost completely after the first night. I should add that I added a couple drops of eucalyptus oil as I'm into the natural ways of healing. I'll admit, I'm not very good with the "up keep" of humidifiers. I tend to forget to clean out the water and it gets icky. I find that humidifiers I've used in the past have been a PAIN to clean out. This one is fairly easy to clean out which makes my life a whole lot easier. I should also add that I've used this in my room as well. I used it to add moisture into my room during the winter after having all of the dry heat from the furnace on. My skin has never felt better. I honestly felt like I'd had a facial when I woke up.

Output Volume
Mist comes out as fast or slow as you'd like it to. Very easy to control.

We haven't had a problem so far. Humidifier has proved very effective.

This was a big selling point for me. If it wasn't easy to clean, I wouldn't do it. This one is.

No issues with the product not lasting so far.

This fits nicely on our daughter's bookshelf by her crib. Doesn't take up too much space for the volume of water held.

• Output Volume:

Not very powerful, hard to keep clean

Comments about Vicks V5100 1.50 Gallon Humidifier:

This is a relatively low priced humidifier. The water tank is difficult to fill without making a mess. Since the water tank is on the small side, you wind up having to refill it more frequently.

Output Volume
The small water reservoir means that you are constantly refilling the tank. This is inconvenient at times but it does ensure the tank doesn't develop any mildew buildup.

It's really hard to make sure the inside of the tank stays clean. The humidifier mist also can settle on the outside of the tank and if you have a high mineral content in your water can leave spots on the outside of the device.

If you are only planning on using this 2 to 3 months of the year, it's mot a bad decision. However, if you want the humidifier to always be on, you should consider a bigger water reservoir.

• Output Volume: