Other Humidifiers:

Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier

Pros

Cons

Best product for any sick kid

The Vicks cool mist humidifer is just a wonderful product to have at home, especially if you have sick children in the home. I had a humidifier as a child, so I already knew the benifits of having it while your sick. I really like the Vicks Humidifer because I can fill it up at night with water and I usually dont have to fill it up again for a few days. After I turn the humidifer, the mist of the water goes up pretty high in the air. I alwasy put a towel down under the humidifier as a -just in case- but its never needed. The water stays in the air and doesnt make a mess on the floor. I know some products make a puddle near the humidifier. After a few minutes of the humidifer running, you can start to feel the moisture in the air. But its not a heavey moisture, like it can get on hot summer nights, but it is nice and cool.  As long as I can get the humidifier set up at the start of my sons cold, the cold and coughing doesnt last as long as it normally would.  The humidifer makes my life a bit easier on me.

Output Volume
When it worked at brand new, the output was great. But after about 2 years, the output has decreased a lot.

over time, I have found that it doent work as great as it wonce did.

there isnt too much you have to clean.

After 2 years and it dosent work as well as I would think it would.

Just your average humidifier

We purchased this humidifier to help get us through the dry air from the heaters over the winter with our infant son. It worked as well as a basic humidifier would be expected to work; we had to refill it about every day and a half or so (based on running it for 8-10 hours a night). The filter just sets into the top and easily pops out for changing.

This Vicks humidifier is just a cool mist humidifier, which we were aware of when we bought it. If you're going to use it in the cold winter weather, I would recommend getting one that gives off warm mist. I hadn't really given much consideration to that, and I felt like it made the bedroom a bit cooler when it was running. Not terribly so, but enough that I could feel a bit more chill in the air. It was also pretty loud, but it was monotonous enough that it was more "white noise" than annoying.

Aside from that, it's a decent humidifier for the cost.

pretty good

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I feel like we go through a new humidifier every several years, so when we were less than satisfied with our newest one, we looked for a low price replacement. This is similar to one that we had and liked a few years ago (it broke). This had a great price and I got it for a great deal at Walmart. The basin is very easy to fill. This is cold flow humidifier so it can cool down a room, but I prefer this to vaporizers. The basin is also pretty large so that it does not need to be filled all of the time. We have had water sitting in there for a quite a while at one point and it did not get gross. I also like that there is an on/off switch on the cord since sometimes you just need to pull them out of the wall and when water is involved it makes that seem a little iffy. I just cleaned out the basin to put this into storage for the summer and it was easy to wipe down. The mechanism was not gross and the water had not really created a build-up. I like it when the storage on a device is simple.

• Output Volume:

Vicks humidifier does the job, easy to clean!

from Spring, TX

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I have used other humidifiers that needed a tank and have found that they are just so hard to clean! When I came across this one, it was cheap, it had a small filter (instead of the big ones that always end up with mold in them) and the whole base is the "tank" and is super easy to clean with no hard to reach spots! Every winter I have to break out the humidifier and this time when I took out the one with the tank and the huge filter, I found mold! YUCK!

I liked it so much that I got rid of my other humidifier that had the tank and bought a 2nd one of these!

Output Volume
Not going to lie, this thing is loud but really once the kids fall asleep it's just white noise.

It puts out a good amount of water, maybe too much...the carpet usually feels slightly damp. I also put a towel under the humidifier just in case it leaks or gets dumped.

Like I said, this is so easy to clean! No hard to reach spots! And very easy to dry so that there's no chance of mold.

Simple hard plastic container, isn't going to break anytime soon.

Vicks works okay

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I wanted a humidifier to use in my baby's room. I did not register for one and was scrambling to buy one when he was sick. I bought the Vicks because it looked like what i expected a humidifier to look like and I trusted the Vicks name. It does increase the humidity in the room, so it accomplished the goal. However, it soaked the surface it was sitting on and the carpet in front of the humidifier. I would recommend putting towels around it to soak up the splattering water. I did not put in purified water, which I would recommend doing. I used filtered water from the tap.The walls were coated in a film from the humidifier running. It is easy to fill, easy to empty, and very durable. It just spurts out water and requires purified water.

Would never recommend

from Ladera Ranch, CA

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

We purchased this as part of our registry when our first child was born based on how popular it was at the baby store and sadly popularity is not always the best predictor or whether or not something is good! Although it was cleaned often and properly, every time we used it our daughter's cold seemed to last longer that it was making us scared that we were actually harming her rather than helping her. Once we switched to another humidifier, the problems we experienced were gone. Plus the filters were not cheap and if you change the according to manufactures suggestions than you are changing them all the time.

See comment about the filters.

Would definitely recommend this

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

Do not know enough to compare humidifiers, but I can speak for this one. Needed one of these to try to diminish a cough. It was easy enough to use and was unnoticeable while sleeping. Put it very close to my bed and after a few nights I would definitely say it was the larger part of the reason I was coughing less by the day. I am unaware of the cost since I borrowed it, but I would recommend it if you are on the hunt for a humidifier. I liked the size as well, since it is small and lightweight enough I had no worries of placing it on a table next to my bed. It would be ideal for an apartment or send with a college student to use in their dorm room.

• Output Volume:

It does what it's supposed to.

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I use this humidifier in my two year old's bedroom when he is sick. I've had it since he was a baby and it still works fine. Overall, it does what a humidifier it supposed to do and I am satisfied. It's simple, nothing over the top.

Output Volume
It outputs plenty. I find myself refilling it after having it filled and running all night.

It works well, I use it as an aid in helping my toddler feel better when he is sick and congested by recommendation of a doctor.

This is very simple to clean, just pop off the lid and you can either wash it or just rinse it out.

I've had mine for about two years now and it's still in perfect working condition. It does bow a little when being carried with water in it.

I do wish the humidifier didn't take up so much of the space on top of the dresser where I have it. I'd like a taller one, but this does the job.

dry to wet

from Salem, OR

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I had one of these when I was living in California. I couldn't imagine living there without one because of the dryness. the only thing i didn't like about it is that it always managed to get whatever it was sitting on soaked, so keep a towel under it, it will help.

Best product for any sick kid

from Campbell, OH

Output Volume

over time, I have found that it doent work as great as it wonce did.

there isnt too much you have to clean.

After 2 years and it dosent work as well as I would think it would.

Just your average humidifier

from Somerville, MA

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

Aside from that, it's a decent humidifier for the cost.

Works Great

from Rolesville, NC

Comments about Vicks V400 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

We purchased this for a very reasonable price a few years back when our kids were sick. We ended up using it for my dh sinus troubles as well and it works very good. It really has helped him with sinus issues and he hasn't had a sinus infection since we started using it regularly. We also pull it out whenever our kids start getting cold, we add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and it fills the room within minutes. Another thing we love is that it doesn't make everything wet like alot of the older models. It usually needs to be filled every two days (with only using it at night) so you know it is doing it's job but nothing feels wet in the morning. The filters last a lond time too, we usually replace those every 5-6 months or so. Will purchase another to have as a back up as we have 8 children and could need them in different rooms on the same night. Definitely worth the money. Very easy to clean too.