Other Humidifiers:
Vicks
V790
Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier

Summary

Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier. Worry Free, Healthful Moisture for Your Family. Please note that steam production time may take up to 6-7 minutes.

Great Warm Mist Humidifier

In the winter months the air in my house dries out and it's terrible especially when one of us catches a cold. I have heard negative things about warm mist humidifiers and have always used cool mist. But when I checked into the variety of humidifiers I ran across a Vicks Warm Mist that kills 99% of germs while it is in use. I'm glad I bought the Vicks V790 Warm Moisture Humidifier because it has made breathing while sick much easier. My daughter has breathing issues and this humidifier has helped her tremendously. It has dual water containers and I am able to adjust the level of humidity in the room. When one of us is sick I will add Vicks Vaposteam to the water and it's like adding menthol to the air and opens the nose and lungs up to make breathing easier. I also have found that this humidifier will warm a room up with the warm mist. I wouldn't use just any warm mist humidifier but this one has a guarantee that it's giving off a germ free mist. This machine has a low sound to it and will run a whole day before it needs to be refilled. Now I won't use it much during the summer months and the only downside is cleaning it, our water is hard and it's very hard to clean. I've learned that if I use distilled water it's not as hard to clean. This truly has been a life saver in my household in adding the moisture we need in the winter months and around flu and cold season.

USA

a pretty good humidifier

I've been using the Vicks Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier in my bedroom at night for about a month now and so far it's been great! My husband is a very light sleeper and this model makes almost no noise at all and doesn't disturb him in the least. I turn it on a couple hours before turning in at night, so there have been nights that it runs for about 12 hours and still has a couple inches of water left in the reservoir in the morning. I use it turned all the way to the max level too. It's easy to refill and I haven't had any trouble with leaking or spilling during the refilling process. The first night it didn't seem to make that much of a difference, but within a couple days I was waking up with much less sinus discomfort and realized I was sleeping better and waking up fewer times through the night. I haven't tried any of the medicated pad inserts, but the lightly scented one it came with is OK. Doesn't add much for me personally.

Fenton, MO

Love this UltraSonic Humidifier

We bought this humidifier to replace another Vick's one that wasn't doing its job for us. There are several pros to this humidifier: easily replaceable demineralization cartridges, multiple humidity settings, and VERY quiet. Seriously, my husband and I often ask ourselves, "Did we remember to turn on the humidifier tonight?" I love the multiple humidity settings because we can make a decision on how much we really need each night, based on the weather of the day and how stuffy everyone is. The cons: it is hard to clean, and doesn't really spread the humidity around well. We have a strange water situation that leaves orange slimy deposits on everything, which makes this a very hard humidifier to clean out. Also, when we turn up the humidity to high, it tends to make the whole room appropriately humid, but it also leaves everything in its area feeling wet (the floor, the bed, etc). I can see how it would easily cause mold issues if you're not careful.

Mechanicsville, VA

true

Excellent for the price. Works fairly well.

I bought two vicks humidifier and I definitely like this larger one a lot more than the smaller one i got. Again, I really like the color and design of these vicks humidifiers. Very stylish. Like the smaller one I reviewed, this one also has a dial that determines the settings and level of humidity. This one has a dial where u can set it to any level you want, not just high or low. Definitely a very useful feature. I also like the fact that it has two water containers so that when one runs out, the other one is there on standby to be used. This also works bettery than the smaller one and a LOT more quiet. I can put this on high and still sleep through then night. Of course, this was more than double the price.

Chicago, IL

true

Good humidifier but difficutly to clean!

We received this humidifier during our baby shower. We tried it out and liked how it worked and decided to buy another one because our room is so big. We really like this product. During the winter time we did not have to turn on the heater because this humidifier really warmed up the air in our room. We like how we could see the warm mist being produced. Our room is quite humid because of this product which is good for us. I get dry skin during the winter time but when we used this I noticed that my skin wasn't as dry. I really like this product and would recommend it. The only negative thing that I can say about this product is that it isn't fun to clean and you should use soft water. We have hard water in our house and the mineral buildup in this product is quite big. This is really difficult to clean.

Covina, CA

true

this humidifier has some flaws

only used this humidifier for 4 days and the fill tank light would not come on and it would not shut off after it was empty.I sent it back because I felt that it could catch on fire for not shutting off

Walton, KY