Other Humidifiers:
Vicks
Models:
V3700, V3700
Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121

Summary

Kaz is a state of the art, dynamically-managed, global leader in healthcare devices and home comfort products that operates in over 65 countries on six continents with a brand portfolio that includes Vicks, Honeywell, Braun, and more.

Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121

Pros

Cons

Top of the Line Humidifier

It was coincidence that our humidifier broke the same week our local drug store had an amazing deal on this Vick's Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier and knowing nothing about but seeing the awesome price and in desperate need of humidifier I grabbed it off the shelf. As soon as I got home and removed it from the box and set it up I was very impressed. The Starry Night effect is an added bonus that has a soothing light changing display of moon and stars on the ceiling and is just light enough to help one see in the room but not too bright to keep little ones up. It came with a Vick's menthol patch that you can use along with the fan to offer an extra effect to clear up stuffiness, but it is not necessary and works just fine without it. The first thing you will notice with the humdifier is that the fan does not blow wet mist in the air--it is invisible mist and you can choose two speeds. I was skeptical since the mist was not visible but after sleeping in it myself with my baby the first night I noticed a clear difference and I have used it for several nights since. I love that it does not leave my carpet moist or damp and my baby wakes up well rested.

works well but cold

I bought this for my newborn for when she sleeps in my room with me at night. She was congested so i thought this would work well. Though it does help put moisture in the air, the air it blows out is very cold. In the winter on cold days it got so cold in my room with this humidifier on that neither i or my newborn couldn't sleep. The lights on the top it also a nice nightlight for at night but i wouldn't have it on all night because it is bright.

Output Volume
Does a good job of putting moisture in the air.

Helps put moisture in air but it blows cold air.

The filter doesn't need replacing for a while.

Seems good so far.

Since its geared towards children, they shouldn't of had very cold air blowing out. In the summer it would be nice but not in the winter.

Perfect for our needs!

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

When our newborn was suffering congestion, a nurse practitioner friend recommended the use of a humidifier. This was the best for our purposes at the local store, so I invested in it, knowing the starry night theme would be great for any of our kids, should they need to use it, as well.

This is a cool mist humidifier which makes it safer for children, with no hot surfaces. It does mean the mist is invisible - making it harder to know if it is actually working, but as the water level is, in fact, receding, I know it's doing something!

The tank is easy to fill and holds enough water to run for two days straight on the "sleep" setting. I do love that it has two settings, a higher setting to get moisture into the air quickly and a lower setting for even moisture more quietly at night.

The filter is in a convenient location and will be easy to replace. The stars are also a very nice feature. It does rotate through colors, which I wish was an option that can be turned off, because some colors are brighter than others, making it rather distracting. However, if it's a big issue, the lights can be turned off altogether - you do not have to have the stars on in order to use the humidifier.

Overall, we are glad we purchased this humidifier and feel it will serve us well for a long time.

Output Volume
The lower setting for sleep is almost silent!

Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist is cool

from Nampa, ID

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

My husband and I needed a new cool mist humidifier after our newborn baby girl was born. After researching online, we decided on the Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist humidifier. This humidifier is pretty neat. It is sturdy and provides decent mist flow. It features three humidifier settings, off, high and low blow. On the opposite side of that dial, is the on and off for the starry lights. The starry lights themselves look really cool on the nursery ceiling. The colors of the starry image alternate, which my oldest daughter loves. Also, another neat feature is that it has a spot for the Vicks vapor sticks so that it could blow eucalyptus scent through the mist when your child is sick. The sound the machine makes sounds like a fan that is on, so it isn't too bothersome. The only downside to this humidifier is the filter. Instructions recommend your flip the filter with each water refill, which is a pain in itself. The other thing is, if you use the humidifier for constant use, the filter only last about two weeks before needing replaced. Without replacing the filter, air flow decreases significantly and doesn't really work. I would recommend the Vicks Starry Night Humidifier for any child's room, but keep the poor filter qualities in mind.

• Output Volume:

The Vicks Starry Night Humidifier is an ideal baby shower gift.

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

The Vicks Starry Night Humidifier is overall a good product to have. It works exactly like we need it to for our daughter who has sensitive lungs. It has many features that put it above the rest.

Output Volume
This product is top of the line in every area except for the setup. It is a bit of a hassle to put together and get it going, but once it is ready you'll see that it was worth the trouble.

Once its running, this humidifier is very calming. It has the starry sky that will light up the entire ceiling. My daughter loves this feature. To add, the humidifier also provides the option of adding a scent to it. The menthol helps my daughter sleep like a baby.

Along with the hassle of set up comes the cleaning. Once you get the hang of what goes where and how to properly clean the pieces, you'll be able to clean it in your sleep.

Overall this product has lasted us longer than we ever expected. It is worth more than the money you'll spend on it.

It will also make a wonderful baby shower gift as us moms are always looking for something to help our babies sleep better. Its design is modern and will look great in any room.

• Output Volume:

Well made and easy to set up

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

I took this out of the box and had it set up and working within 3 minutes, no joke. The 'steam' that it puts out is invisible, so it doesn't cloud up the whole room. The night light thing on top is awesome! The moons and stars are a lot larger than I expected, and the colors are really pretty. By far, my favorite thing about this product is that you can buy 'vapopads' in lavender and rosemary scent! I'm really into aromatherapy so I was very excited to learn that these are available, and it says they last for eight hours too! I would say that they last even longer, though because if I put in on before I go to sleep, I can still smell it when I am leaving to go to work the next morning, which would be around 9 or 10 hours later! I originally got this because I had a cold, but it has also helped with allergies, and made my skin softer! My skin is less dry and requires less moisturizer, it is also slightly more even toned! I have always used a humidifier when I'm sick, but this one I use almost every night because I just love the lavender and rosemary smell!

works well but cold

Output Volume
Does a good job of putting moisture in the air.

Helps put moisture in air but it blows cold air.

The filter doesn't need replacing for a while.

Seems good so far.

• Output Volume:

Great humidifier with fun features for our little ones!

from Buffalo, MN

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

Great humidifier with great features that make it more fun for kids. I purchased the purple color which the kids love. It also has a starry night feature where you can turn on a light to project starts on the ceiling. The stars change color. It was a hit with our kids. Hard to find a humidifier that is fun for kids. I wasn't intending to find one that the kids would necessarily care about but saw this and had to have it. It's a huge hit!

Output seems just right.

So far the performance has been great.

Very easy to clean. It also has a filter that you can rinse out.

We've only had it a short time but it seems to be very durable.

Great design. Functional yet cute.

works so well!

from Augusta, NJ

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

I think this is a great humidifier, and my son loves the lights that can be turned on and seeing the lights change. There are two settings, sleep mode and another one, and I always have it on sleep mode, the other one is rather noisy and we only use this when he sleeps. I was a little confused about what type of humidifier to purchase, cool mist or heat, I was used to the kind I had when growing up with the steam coming out. So not seeing anything come out but cool air worried me at first, but I do see a difference when we use it in his room, especially when he is sick. I have not used the Vicks inserts yet, but do like this option. Just be aware that with this type of humidier, there is the added cost of replacement filters, but I look for them cheap online. They tend to look dingy right after the first few uses, but it says to replace every 30-60 days, and we don't use it nightly, so we stretch that a little. I also refill it every night, even though there is water still in the tank, I am paranoid that it will run out if I go two nights in a row without refilling, and don't want it to be running with no water in it before I realize its out, so it does require a little daily maintenance, but not a big deal really. Overall, its quiet, does its job and my soon doesn't mind it in the room with him, so I recommend!

Output Volume
One setting is loud, the other isn't, so I just keep it on the sleep mode setting.

I think it definitely helps when my son is congested.

very easy to clean

sturdy, easy to maneuver, has lasted two years so far!

cute design, especially with the light display option on

• Output Volume:

Easy to use and clean; starry night feature is fantastic!

from Attleboro, MA

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

We have owned several humidifiers over the years, and it's always been a chore to clean them. This one is by far the easiest to clean and maintain. The starry night feature is so cool- it is like a very soft night light, shining stars on the ceiling that change colors. This is helpful, since we need the extra light and soothing when the kids are sick. It's also very quiet and efficient.

• Output Volume:

love the vicks starry night humidifier

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

we heat our house with wood so it tends to be very dry. because of this we need humidifiers in all of our bedrooms. the vicks starry night humidifier was the best choice we could make for our boys' room. It is so much more that just a humidifier. it serves as humidifier, white noise machine and night light! my boys love watching the moon and stars display as the lights change color. the light is not so bright that it keeps them up, but bright enough to serve as a nightlight. the vicks starry night humidifier has two settings, max and sleep mode. we found the max setting to be too loud and really unnecessary, but the sleep mode is strong enough to fill the room with moisture and quiet enough to serve as a white noise machine. i also really like that the vicks medicine can be used with the starry night humidifier to fill the room with soothing vapors when my boys are sick. overall, great product with multiple functions.

Vicks Starry Night Humidifer is AWESOME!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier 2964-2121:

We bought this humidifer to use in our toddler son's room. It has been a great way to keep the air moist and also we all love the night light feature on the top. The light projects stars onto the ceiling and my little one loves staring at them. It provides just the right amount of light so that we do not need a nightlight as well. The humidifer only has two settings, which is a little disappointing, but otherwise we have been super pleased with it's performance. It's easy to refill and clean as well. However, the filters do need replacing often and they are hard to find. I think this is the case with most filters though. The humidifer also runs pretty quietly so it doesn't disturb our son when he sleeps. I would recommend it!