Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

really helped ease the effects of a bad cold

I've been down with a cold the last few days and took my standard Nyquil and Dayquil. Dayquil helped me out a lot with my cold as it's redcued the congestion, coughing and runny nose that usually comes along with a cold. We were down to our last 2 pill blister pack and I made my husband go out and get some more. He actually came back with Advil Cold and Sinus, which didn't make me too happy. I tried it and it really didn't help me as much as Dayquil does. When I realized that the Advil wasn't helping, I made him go out again and get me the Dayquil (which didn't make him too happy, but what can you do?). He went back primarily because he was tired of hearing me sneeze and blow my nose. He knew the advil wasn't working. So he went back for Dayquil. And it really helped me out a lot more. If I hadn't taken the Dayquil, I'd still be down and out whereas right now, I'm about 75% better. The best part of it is that I'm not as drowsy as I usually would be with any other cold medicine that's out there.

Dayquil Liquicaps no longer as good as they used to be

I used to use Dayquil Liquicaps for relief of cold symptoms and they were helpful for treating a range of sympoms like congestion, body ache or head ache and coughing. After they passed a law to force phamacies to place ephedrine based products behind the phamacy counter Dayquil chose to replace that highly effective active ingredient with one that is much less effective for relieving sinus congestion. This was the case with many other cold products as well, and most people are not aware that they are not getting an effective product. This new decongestant makes me sick to my stomach and I can no longer use this product.

I have found that to get the same effectiveness that I used to get from the old Dayquil formula I have to purchase real psuedophedrine from behind the counter and combine it with at least 3 other products, pain reliever (tylenol) cough suppressant (dextromathorphan) and expectorant (guaifenesin).  This is unfortunate, but I have found that it is a much better way to to obtain relief than to pay good money for an ineffective product.

My favorite cold medicine

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

Definitely my go to for days with colds. It usually only lasts 4 hours and I start to feel bad again so I use up my doses to get through work and them come home and hopefully sleep. Leaving home without my gel caps when I have a cold always mean I am in for a bad day.

Congestion Relief
Night and day. I am always able to breathe when I use this medicine and as I am o the phone most of my day that make for a huge improvement.

Chest Congestion Relief
I don't notice it working the greatest for chest congestion. The night time medicines seem to work better for that. must have something to do with sleeping and healing versus just taking the medicine.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Acetaminophen doesn't work that well for my aches and pains, so I usually add doses of ibuprofen in between my doses of Dayquil for this reason. I am sure there are others out there that it works great for!

Cough Suppression
IT seems to do a decent job. I cough a lot with a cold but the Dayquil means I wont be too annoying with them.

• Cough Suppression:

Yup - got a summer cold and DayQuil is my savior

from Greenport, NY

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I don't get sick often, but when I do get a cold, it's a beaut! This one started with my usual one-sided sore throat and that side of my nose and face feeling swollen and miserable. As is typical, it's moving to the right side now. But I must work and prohibits my turning to NyQuil, so DayQuil has helped me today as it has in the past, easing the headache pain and the stuffy feeling and allowing me to push forward. Yes, I'd still rather be home in bed, but if you must push through a cold, I highly recommend DayQuil and other Vicks products.

Great Cold and Flu Medicine

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I have been taking Vicks Dayquil capsules for years when I have the cold or flu. They work great, and don't have the horrible taste that the liquid has. It works pretty fast, killing the cold and flu germs if you catch it early. If you start taking it after you have already been sick, it usually take a day or two to knock out the cold or flu you have. The other great thing about this medicine, is that it doesn't make you drowsy. I am very happy with this brand medication for cold and flu, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Congestion Relief
It relieves congestion pretty well. It may take a day or two to work, depending on how bad it is.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It doesn't really work for aches and pains, as it is more of a cold and flu medication. I will say that if you have aches and pains from having a cold or flu, once the medicine kicks in and starts working, you won't really have the aches and pains anymore.

Cough Suppression
It works great on coughs, and works pretty fast to relieve it.

• Cough Suppression:

works fast and makes my cold go away

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I hate when I'm sick especially when I feel like I can't breathe through my nose and my throat will be scratchy from coughing so much. I have a hard time drinking the liquid medicine only because it tastes bitter to me so I have a hard time swallowing it. These liquid caps are much better for me they are a little long but they go down easily. I start to feel better in an hour or less. I like how its non drowsy so its perfect to take in the mornings or afternoons. It starts relieving my cough and it starts to clear my nose. I feel like I can breathe again and I don't cough as much. My nose doesn't feel so runny anymore and my throat doesn't feel so sore anymore. I would definitely buy Vicks dayquil cold and flu liquid caps again, they work fast and give immediate relief. I recommend this for anybody who likes to take pills instead of the liquid they work just as good and its a lot easier to swallow.

It did Okay

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I had tried the Vicks DayQuil cold and flu relief liquicaps for the first time a few months ago. I had a very bad cold and when I had went to the store, they were out of the Dayquil syrup that I using buy. So I decided to give the DayQuil Liquicaps a try. I really did not like the size of the Liquicaps. The pills were very big and was a little difficult for me to swallow. The DayQuil liquid caps did a good job at giving me immediate relief of my sinus congestion. But the relief it gave me did not last long. Within a hour my nose was stopped up again and became difficult to breath out of. I was very disappointed. DayQuil liquid caps did a okay job at suppressing my cough. Just like my sinus congestion relief, my cough relief did not last long also. If you are looking for a long term relief from your cold symptoms, I would use the DayQuil or NyQuil syrup cold and flu relief bottle. The syrup cold medicines seem to work longer and better, than the liquid caps cold pills does.

• Cough Suppression:

Best way to feel better without feeling sleepy

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

This is the fastest and best way that i have found to help me stay alert and awake when I need to go to work with a cold. It is a very good product and what I like the best about it is that there is now aftertaste like there is sometimes with other over the counter medicines. I even like the liquid filled capsules even better then the liquid shots because there is no after taste and you are still getting the effect of this amazing over the counter medicine

Congestion Relief
From what I have found is this medicine does a wonderful job of clearing the nasal airways and helping me to breathe a whole lot easier.

Chest Congestion Relief
I would say that my coughs when I use the liquid caps is a lot more productive and definitely goes a long way towards helping me clear the nasty cold stuff out of my throat and lungs.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I feel like this did do a wonderful job of helping relive the aches and pains and what ever wasn't relieved by this was easily taken care of by ibuprofen. I am not gonna say that my body felt refreshed after using this but it did feel a whole lot less tired and icky.

Cough Suppression
it did help me to cough less and the part that I liked the most is when I did cough it was a lot more productive.

Great cold medicine!

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I got the flu about two years ago and this is what got me through it. I was in the bed for a week straight with a really high fever. I could not do anything for myself. My roommate went and bought me some of this medicine and it helped me so much. I started taking it every four hours during the day and it immediately gave me some relief from fever and congestion. It definitely eased the symptoms of the flu. I do not think it helped me get rid of it any faster but it did relieve the symptoms in my body. I would definitely take this medicine again and recommend it to others who are suffering from cold or flu.

Congestion Relief
This made a noticeable difference in my head congestion. I could immediately feel the relief and it helped my headache go away. It also helped my stuffy nose clear up some.

Chest Congestion Relief
I did not see as much relief from my chest congestion with this. I took a cough medicine with it to help relieve that.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It did a great job at helping relieve all the aches and pains in my body. It helped the most with my headache but was beneficial all the way around.

Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Relief Gets Me Through the Day

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Relief is my go to medicine when I have a cold or the flu. It helps me get up and go to work.

Congestion Relief
This medication clears up my sinus and nasal congestion extremely well. No more blowing my nose until it is red, dry, and sore.

Chest Congestion Relief
I do not usually have chest congestion, but when I do, Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Relief does well at clearing it.

Relief of Aches & Pains
The pain reliever in this medication works wonders. I wake up with aches and pains, take the medication, and then have no pain for at least 12 hours.

Cough Suppression
I rarely have coughs, but when I do, Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Relief definitely helps. Only one time has my cough been bad enough to cause a tickle that this medication couldn't handle and I coughed uncontrollably until I downed a bunch of water.

• Cough Suppression:

It works, but makes me feel funny

from Richmond VA

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

I was happy with this medicine overall because it helped to relieve my symptoms so that I could get on with my life in reasonable comfort, but I did not like that feeling of detachment ("medicine head", as some of us know it) that came along with it. I felt very dazed and somewhat tired for a good portion of the day as a result of taking this medicine, even though my symptoms improved a lot. If I could have taken the time to rest, I would have liked this medicine more - it's not really for people who are busy!

Congestion Relief
My nasal congestion cleared up within minutes!

Chest Congestion Relief
I felt so much better after I took this. I finally felt human again and I could breathe almost completely normally!

Relief of Aches & Pains
I still had a good deal of aches after I took this medicine, but they lessened somewhat.

Cough Suppression
I know that coughs are one of the hardest symptoms to fight, so I wasn't expecting much. I had a little bit of coughing relief, but not very much.

• Cough Suppression:

Excellent relief from cold symptoms

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief LiquiCaps:

If you like using NyQuil, you will most likely like DayQuil. It is essentially the same thing and seems to relieve the same symptoms but doesn't put you to sleep. I have thankfully never had the flu so I cannot attest to how well it works for that, however I do get some colds that completely knock me off of my feet. If you have children or a job, this stuff can definitely help you get through your day much easier. It will make you feel human again and seems to last for a decent amount of time.

I also like that this comes in a pill form. It is easy to keep a couple in your purse (or car) if you are sick in case your symptoms start coming back.

This is a product that works well and doesn't give me any nasty side effects.

Congestion Relief
I suffer from really bad colds during the winter season and DayQuil really helps clear up any congestion that I have. I don't like to take medicine, but when I get to the point I can't breathe anymore, I finally take this and always wonder why I didn't sooner.