Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

DayQuil Cold & Flu tastes awful but the results are worth it!

Here we go again... I all have the flu or a virus of some kind. Fever, cough, sore throat, headaches, body aches, runny nose, congestion...the whole nine yards, and I have been quite miserable to say the least.

My husband, who never seems to get sick, (lucky man), went to the store to get me some **DayQuil Cold & Flu Multi-Symptom Relief** and I assumed he would purchase the gelcap form. Well, that's what I get for assuming because he returned with the liquid form. GROSS, right? I mean really, let's all be honest here...the stuff is nasty! Well, nasty or not, I have to admit that it works wonders in relieving the symptoms of whatever this bug is that is ailing me.

This over the counter medication may taste terrible, but it works extremely well, and I'm thankful to have it!

Congestion Relief
About twenty to thirty minutes after taking DayQuil Cold & Flu Multi-Symptom Relief, I begin to feel the congestion breaking up, and I am able to breath much better. This product is very effective in relieving congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
DayQuil Cold & Flu Multi-Symptom Relief doesn't contain a cough expectorant. If I need an expectorant, I take Mucinex. I don't have a chest cold or bronchitis, I have a nasty cough that I need to stop, so the fact that this product doesn't contain a cough expectorant is not important to me at this time, for this particular illness.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Aches, pains, and fever are drastically reduced when I take DayQuil Cold & Flu Multi-Symptom Relief, thank goodness! It may not make me feel completely normal, but it does work very well in this department, and I don't have to take any Ibuprofen or Tylenol to get rid of my body aches and fever. This DayQuil takes care of those symptoms very well.

Cough Suppression
Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Multi-Symptom Relief contains a terrific cough suppressant. I was coughing my head off before I took it and I only cough once in awhile after having taken it. No more coughing fits, thanks to this product, and that's such a relief for me!

This medicine may taste terrible but it gets the job done and I will gladly trade the bad taste for the effectiveness it provides, any day!

Vicks Dayquil

I like Vicks dayquil when i have a cold for during the day. It does not have any alcohol in it so i can stay awake during the day. I buy the cheaper band witch is called Day Time multi-symptom, cold/flu relief. It also comes in jellcaps if you can't swallow pills. One of the reviewers said the jellcaps are hard to swallow.

Dayquil Liquid

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

Dayquil is supposed to not only give you relief from cold and flu symptoms, but has added ingredients to help keep you awake. I love this product for relieving my cold symptoms but I do not like the keep you awake part of it does to me. My symptoms starting going away about a half hour after I took it. After about an hour though I started shaking really bad and felt a little nauseous. I made me feel like I had just drank twenty cups of strong espresso! The feeling lasted quite some time too. I wish they could just have a medicine to help cold and flu symptoms and leave the keep you up part out of it.

Congestion Relief
My nasal congestion was significantly better after taking this medicine.

Chest Congestion Relief
I did not get the best relief from chest congestion using this.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Made my fever go down so the aches I had from that were gone as well.

Cough Suppression
My cough was almost completely gone. The tickle in my throat was a lot better too.

Not the Best

from MI

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine is an average product for relieving cold and flu symptoms during the daytime.

I have been a NyQuil user for as long as I can remember when a cold or flu hits and I need to get rest. While NyQuil delivers the relief that is so needed, DayQuil doesn't seem to work on me quite as well.

While I will say that the liquid version of this product is much more effective than the gel caps, overall I think it's just an average product. While it does tend to alleviate my symptoms somewhat, I never feel that overall relief that I really need. It doesn't really relieve my cough of congestion the way I feel NyQuil does. I'm not sure what is lacking, but it just does an okay job.

It's fair at best.

Relief of Aches & Pains
DayQuil does do a decent job of making you feel less achy during the day. It doesn't take away the extreme congestion that you typically experience during the flu, but it does seem to help with some of the aches that you may feel.

• Cough Suppression:

great for when you have to go to work even when you're sick

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

How many times have I gone to work sick because of a deadline or something that absolutely could not be done by anyone but me. I can't tell you the number of times I have taken a cold medication and it left me groggy and drowsy and unable to function until it wore off, yet I still had to work. This product does the same things the night version does, it is just less potent. It works great in relieving those same symptoms you get in the day time hours, yet it does not put you down.

Congestion Relief
This product does a great job a loosening up all that mucus trapped in your nasal cavity.

Chest Congestion Relief
It also does a great job relieving chest congestion and it does so gradually so as not to open you up for an even worst cold or even the flu.

Relief of Aches & Pains
It does a wonderful job easing those pesky body aches associated with a cold or flu, where all you really want to do it go to bed and lie there. It helps you to function throughout the day.

Cough Suppression
Does great a suppressing coughs

• Cough Suppression:

Great daytime cold and flu relief

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

Vicks DayQuil cold and flu relief is the best daytime medicine for relieving all cold and flu symptoms while allowing me to go on with my day and not have to worry about being tired. I started using DayQuil cold and flu after I first had the flu a few years ago and could not find at the time any other medicine to make me feel better. After I used the DayQuil, I began feeling a little better and not only did it treat my coughing and fever, but it also treated some of the aches and pains I was experiencing. I also had pretty bad congestion with my coughing that seemed like it was not going to get better. But that actually did clear up my coughing within the first few hours of using it. I used it until I was completely better and glad I had it or I would have been a lot worse. Vicks DayQuil cols and flu works and I'm a customer for life. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Great for Daytime Non Drowsy Formula

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

I had a really bad head cold this past winter and had to go to work. I usually take Nyquil but wanted something that would not make me want to fall asleep. I decided upon Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Relief. It really works for a bad head cold. . It says it is non-drowsy and it was, I did not feel tierd. .It did not cause me any problems and helped with the head cold. . . It relieves aches and pains, reduces coughing, and decongests. My head and sinuses were very stuffy. The cold still lasted a few days but at least I could breath and did not feel as achy and flu like. Regular Nyquil for night is great too for the night but when you have to get around and function during the day, the Daytime formula is much better. It relieves head and chest congestion and aches and pains. it also heps with a cough and runny nose. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a strong medicine that does not knock you off your feet and make you fall asleep.

• Cough Suppression:

Love it for everything but mucus

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

DayQuil is pretty much a staple in our household, it is one of the only medications we do not have to fight our child to take. We use it whenever someone has a cold that involves sore throats or coughing. We also use NyQuil but obviously only at night. DayQuil is excellent for soothing your throat and does reduce the amount of coughing. It never makes me drowsy and I haven't noticed any weird side effects. The only time I dont use it is if I have very heavy mucus. I find it doesn't resolve the mucus issues as well as Mucinex does. It has an excellent flavor and is a decent price and is easily accessible from any pharmacy store. It helps with pain in your throat but I do not feel it helps with regular or chest congestion. I notice a slight improvement when it comes to runny noses and post nasal drip, but it does not help my stuffy nose. I typically also take other medication along with DayQuil for my congestion.

Feel like normal again

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

I don't like to take syrups over pills, but DayQuil in liquid form works significantly better at helping you feel more like normal when you're sick. While I really dislike the flavor, it is completely worth taking for the benefits. I feel like I'm looking and acting more like normal much quicker when I take DayQuil at the end of an illness. I can't believe how much of a difference it makes until it starts wearing off, so be sure you have some on hand if you want it lasting all day.

Relief of Aches & Pains
One of the best things about this product is how well it helps with aches and pains. I am the kind of person who would rather try to push through it instead of taking medicine, but after seeing how well DayQuil has worked for me, I have since given in and allowed myself to start feeling better. You will almost forget you're sick when you take DayQuil.

Cough Suppression
When I was in high school, competing at a spelling bee, I wasn't sure I would be able to make with the hoarse cough I had. When my mother told me to take some DayQuil, I couldn't believe how my cough had all but disappeared.

Good for daytime

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Vicks DayQuil Cold and Flu Relief Liquid Medicine and found that it was a great product for day time cold and flu symptoms. I had flu and cold symptoms such as body aches and pains and a fever and a lot of cold and congestion and I took one does of this Vicks DayQuil and it made me feel better almost instantly. The best thing about it is that it made me feel better without feeling drowsy. This took care of my fever and helped to clear up my chest congestion. It made my head cold feel a lot better also. I did have to take more than one dose because when it wore off the symptoms came back. It helped keep away the symptoms so I could somewhat function normally. The good thing about this DayQuil is that it does not contain alcohol so therefore it is not habit forming. The price of this product is a little high but if you catch it on sale buy it for sure. I would certainly recommend this product to all of my friends and family. This Vicks DayQuil cold and Flu Relief Liquid Medicine is the best product in my opinion for daytime use.

Works great

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

I feel that this is almost a miracle medicine. Whenever I get the first sign of a cold or the flu, I reach for the dayqul as it relieves all my symptoms from cough to nose congestion to the occasional body aches. The only symptom I get that Dayquil doesn't work on is the runny nose but that's usually the least of my worries when I'm sick. As a recovering alcoholic, I had to search long and hard to find a product that was alcohol free but still provides relief for my symptoms. As an added bonus, it is also available in capsule form so I can take it with me to work. It does not make me sleepy so work is not affected and I'm not afraid to drive after I take it. Almost as good as staying in bed.

Congestion Relief
Relief comes usually in less than ten minutes. No more honking noise as I try to clear my nose so I can breathe

Chest Congestion Relief
Makes breathing much easier both in the chest and in the nose

Relief of Aches & Pains
Works especially well on an achy head

Cough Suppression
Works great on that annoying cough I always get

• Cough Suppression:

Dayquil has been good to my family

from 640015

Comments about Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief Liquid Medicine:

All of my family have used Dayquill to relieve cold symptoms. We find it is a great product to use in the daytime.

Chest Congestion Relief
We find congestion is one of Dayquil's strengths.

Cough Suppression
Depending on the cough, this will usually get you through the day. If the cough is violent, you might need a stronger cough medicine.