3.8
Vicks
V3100

3.8

• Output Volume:

Eventhough it's inexpensive, it's worth every penny

I originally bought it for my 4 year old son,who snores,and has bad allergies. It helps me because I am taking chemo meds, and have a dry mouth. It helps us both! I love it, and have recommended to my cousin, who bought one for her sick infant son. Don't put it on a wooden surface though. My husband found out the hard way, and it warped the old table

Good inexpensive humidifer

I bought this humdifier for my young daughters bedroom. We run it every night to help with her allergies and for white noise. Overall this humidifer works great!

The unit...Read complete review

The unit is easy to clean, but it does recommend daily and weekly cleaning, I have found that if I rinse it out each day and try and to clean at least every two weeks it stays clean. I have hard water and even with that it still seems to stay clean. The unit is on the quiet side, for some this may be what you want, for some you might want it to be a little louder. I use it partly for white noise in her bedroom, and I have to say I wish it was a little louder. It has two settings, high and low. The high is fairly loud, which is almost too loud, but low is a quiet hum.

Overall I would recommend this unit to anyone who is in the market for one.

Poor Product that spews water out vent only after a few uses

from Folsom CA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Not Messy

Cons

• starts spewing out water through the front vent

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

The product is easy to use and maintain. I followed all the instructions, for the safety and health of my family. It is quite loud on the high setting, but the noise is constant like a fan. Even though you can't see the moisture, it works and provides adequate humidity. It worked well for the first times I used it. Usually only when my child was sick for one or two nights. But one night it started spewing water through the vent. When I called to find out what I was going on and to trouble shoot, they simply told me the humidifier was broken and past warranty date. Very poor product, that will not last for more than a few uses. The company does, not stand behind their product. Purchase something else.

Like it but I want one that will not leak when being filled.

from Jacksonville, Illinois

Pros

• Good Quality

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

Because I am pretty much a mouth breather I need moisture in my nasal passages and this machine does well for that.

• Was this a gift?:

Decent

from ohio

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

This is a very decent humidifier for the price and overall quality works very well. I lovethat is easy to clean, does the job for you really helps with clearing nasal passages and the performance is great for the overall price of the humidifer. Would recommmend this to someone. If you ever are sick and congested majorly this will come in handy for you and your loved ones and I really thinkg it helps tremendously when you are already suffering from being sick it eases that for you, Its also super durable and I would want anyone purchasing this to try it out see if they like and you can always return something if it gives you any problems at all. I love using this when I am feeling congested it always helps me right away and I leave it on all night to help with my symptoms. It puts the moisture back in the air so you are able to breathe easier and feel less congested in your nasal passages.

• Output Volume:

Very satisfied and less itchy.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

The Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier is a great little machine.

During the last visit with my dermatologist, she mentioned that I should get a humidifier to help keep my skin from drying out so much during the long cold winters. Obviously, my windows are shut and warm air from the heater dries out the indoor air quite a bit. She suggested that this would help with that issue.

I hesitated due to the horror stories I've heard from others about mildew caused by warm, steamy air emitted from humidifiers. However, when I began searching for a product I could feel comfortable using, I found the "cool mist" version. Glad I did.

My dermatologist was right. My skin didn't dry out as much as usual and my sinuses aren't as bad as well. I'm very happy I tried it out.

Output Volume
        For such a little machine, it puts out a lot of air. Of course, this is when it is on "high". But, for our medium sized bedroom, it works well. I suppose if the room was larger, it might not work as well.

It worked for what I purchased it for. My skin and sinuses are much better.

It requires cleaning just like anything else. But, it's very easy. Read the manual and follow the instructions--not a problem. It takes very little time.

So far, so good. I've only used it one winter and it worked well.

It is small enough not to be an issue. I think it looks nice.

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

I had a coupon for this humidifier and decided get one to have in the house to use when someone is sick. I have used it several times and it really does a good job to moisten the air. It really helped to loosed up our coughs when we have one. I run the humidifier at night in the bedroom to keep the air moist so we don't get so dried when we are sick. It helps to relieve stuffiness as well.
        We live in the south and our air is usually very humid so we don't usually need a whole house humidifier. So this is just perfect for when we need a more humid room, but don't have one for the whole house.

Output Volume
        Puts out a very cool gentle mist that moistens the air all night long.

I have used this humidifier several times and it works great every time we use it.

This humidifier is very easy to take apart and clean. I usually clean it after we are done using it and won't be using it again for awhile.

We use distilled water in the humidifier and it seems to work better and has held up very well.

The design is simple and very easy to use.

Great humidifier!

from Pelzer, SC

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

I really liked this humidifier. It worked great and was easier to clean than the last one i had.

Output Volume
        The output was pretty good and I love that it has a control switch so you can make more or less mist come out.

I didnt have any problems with this humidifier it worked great. It wasnt too loud.

This humidifier is better than most to clean. The opening is a little bigger so easier to get down in it and clean. Its a little aggravating to add water but not too bad.

It held up great! I wanted to get a Crane humidifier for my baby girl so I gave this one to a friend.

The design is pretty decent...I have had three humidifiers since my babies were born and this one was a great one! Its a little bulky and a little aggravating getting the water tub back in the base but all humidifiers seem to have that problem. i did wish it had a place to add the Vicks Vapor liquid since it is a Vicks Humidifier but overall I loved it.

• Output Volume:

Great for Colds and the Flu!

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

I love this unit. It is great when I or other members of the household have a cold or the flu and congestion is involved. The bonus about this unit is the Vick's vapor rub compartment it has, make dispensing medication ideal and fast when you are trying to feel better. I certainly think it helps to cut the time you have a cold in half almost.

Output Volume
        The output is pretty goof. I can fill it up and it will last about 2-3 days. It also can be set to specific output levels.

Works perfectly when I have a cold, because of the the compartment it has to add the Vick's Vapor rub. It fills the room immediately.

Very easy to clean. The parts of this until simply slide apart and fit back together rather easily. No hard work involved.

Very durable, no issues with this unit.

I love the design of this, works well with any decor. It is also very stable in terms of the distribution of weight after it is filled with water.

• Output Volume:

Good inexpensive humidifier with some flaws

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

This is a good humidifier for the price, but it does have some issues

Pros: This is invisible mist, which I prefer. it is quiet while on low and no puddle of water forms around the unit like many others whose mist comes out too fast. I can feel a difference in my skin or congestion if I am sick even though I cannot see the mist. When filled, the tank lasts for quite a while (a couple days) on low, and the shortness of the tank makes filling extremely easy in my sinks or tub. I like that the wicking filter is easy to find for repurchase and I can tell right away by the color of it whether or not it needs replacing. While the tank is difficult to clean (like all humidifiers), the bottom section is really easy to clean.

Cons: the filter on this guy gets old fast. And I mean, use it once, put it away, and the next time you get it out it will look gross. I am shocked that it doesn't last longer, especially since the replacements are not cheap. This also has a bad design flaw in the very bottom of the unit. There is a hole that looks accidental and causes water to spill out if you move the thing while it is full. I thought it was a mistake and returned it for another, but the whole is still there! I was shocked, it is really annoying to try to move it carefully and slowly so water does not gush out of the hole.

Loud Loud Loud

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

This humidifier has 2 settings-Low and High. Low has a decent hum but you can barely feel anything happening.
        High sounds like a plane on take off. It is ridiculously loud.
        It also has a temperamental base. I can't even tell you how many times I've had water leaking out of this because I moved it, or snapped the lid back in in a strange way.
        I like the clear top so you can clearly see when you are running out of water.

from NJ

Comments about Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier:

I recently went shopping to purchase a new humidifier and wanted to select a different brand than I had before as I was really looking for a humidifier that would do a little better job than the one we were using. I selected Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier for many reasons. The first being that I like this manufacturer as they make some great products which I use such as their bottled vaporizers. Many other reasons I selected this brand was that I wanted this time a cool mist humidifier as I previously owned a warm mist and did not feel it was doing the job it was meant to do. The cool mist on this humidifier really helps you to breathe during the night to get a much better nights sleep and the noise level is definitely much lower than my previous brand I used. I also feel it is quite simple to clean too. I like the style as it does not take up a lot of room on my night stand.

It does a great job!