3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Output Volume:

The perfect vaporizer/humidifier for me

I had another Vicks vaporizer that I had to get rid of because it was too complicated! It used filters that had to be replaced. This vaporizer, Vicks Warm Steam (model numbers V105SG, V150SG), is much easier. No filters. You put the water in it, and plug it in. Voila. It makes a gentle, quiet bubbling sound sort of like an aquarium pump. You can see the steam coming out, and Vicks says heating the water to steam kills up to 96% of bacteria. Another great feature is that it turns itself off when it's empty. It has a dim green light that lights up when it's on. This might bother some people, but when I'm sick, I have all kinds of stuff on my bedside table (tissues, cough drops, etc.) and it's actually handy to be able to see them. Also, there is a place to put Vicks or Kaz inhalant. You could put the refill strip from one of those outlet vaporizers in there too.

Worked once and thats about it

I bought this back in November because my son was sick and his doctor recommended we use a humidifier. It worked great the first night we used it but then when I cleaned it out and went to use it the next night steam no longer came out and it hasnt worked since then. I have tried soaking the top in vinegar as it says to do on the box but nothing has made it work. I even called the manufacturer because it is under warranty, they said they could send us another but not refund it so I said go ahead and send us a new one and it still has not come and that was three months ago! I guess if you buy cheap then a cheap product is what you get sometimes, there is no reason that after one use this humiifier should have stopped working. It is possible that it was just my model because I have had one of these humidifiers in the past but I reccommend if you buy it to keep the receipt which I did not in case if this happens to you!

Relief From Vick's

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

Over the years, I have gone through a lot of humidifiers--and they have ALL been Vick's, as far back as I can remember. Currently, I have three in the house, one of which is probably 4 years old--and they all work like a charm.

Output Volume
Exceptional output volume--but still very efficient. This model will run most of the night on one filling--a real plus when you're sick and tired!

Like all Vick's humidifiers, this model performs very well. I have never had one fail to perform well for along long time--the average life span is about 5 years on a vIck's humidifier, even if you have really hard water or use it all the time.

Definitely an easy care humidifier--I run some vinegar through mine about once a month at most, and despite our highly alkaline water, my humidifiers last a long time.

Well--there really aren't too many ways to break one of these vick's humidifiers. I have dropped them repeatedly, dropped the element repeatedly, neglected to clean them with vinegar frequently, put eucalyptus oil in the water--you name it, I have probably done it, and all of mine still work. I have replaces several over the years, but not due to failure--when each of my kids left home, they stole a humidifier or two.

Humidifiers aren't fashionable, but the vick's has clean lines and a functional appearance, it's very easy to use, and easy to see whether it is full or not. My only very mild complaint is I wish the cord were about a foot longer, since some of my outlets arein inconvenient places.

Vicks humidifier

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I absolutely love this humidifier from Vicks. It's a smaller one so great for putting up high out of kids reach, yet still gets vapor in the entire room. One fill up and the humidifier easily runs all night to help with any colds, coughs, or flu's you are dealing with. It is easy to set up and the mist starts up within five minutes, the light stays on as well to let you know that it's working. It's very easy to clean as well. I just run the top part under hot running water and any build up comes out the bottom, just make sure to not get the plug wet.

Output Volume
Just the right amount of vapor comes out. It's just enough to see it coming out of the humidifier but not enough to damage any furniture in the room.

Works very well, we've had ours for a few years now and it still works like it's brand new.

Very easy to clean. I take the top part off and run it under very hot water, any build up comes right out of the bottom. The bottom part I just dump out any remaining water and clean it out with some paper towels.

Has held up well these last few years.

I like the smaller design of this humidifier, I can fit it up on a shelf so my kids can't mess with it.

Not what I had anticipated

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I'm a fan of Vicks, I have used it since I was younger. We needed a new humidifier and when I went to the drugstore before I bought it, I was actually reading reviews about it and it was a mixed feeling from everyone. I figured Vicks is a trusted brand so I bought it though it was a little pricey, but for my kids I didn't mind. The first night it seemed okay. It was quiet and seemed to be doing the job. However the next morning I noticed water underneath it on my sons nightstand. I figured I either did something incorrectly so I put it on again the next night. That's when I noticed something was not right. It sounded like it was vibrating and was loud enough that it was annoying my son. When I went in to check it again, there was water and I didn't even give a third night a chance and returned it for something much better. I was surprised and disappointed that it didn't work better, but to be honest, I ended up getting a better product for a cheaper price. I would not recommend it. Sorry Vicks.

• Output Volume:

Very heavy mist leaves a lot of condensation

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I did not like this unit. It was one of the first I ever tried when looking for humidifiers at the doctor's recommendation for upper respiratory issues. First off, the design is now incomprehensible to me, having seen and used other humidifiers since. The base that holds the water is very wide, therefore takes up a lot of space, yet the humidifier stops producing mist even before the base is out of water because the last of the water is spread over the large surface area of the bottom. Makes no sense.

Output Volume
The output is not good because it's too heavy to remain airborne. It moisturizes my furniture, not the air.

In addition to the condensation, the unit is loud and the noise increases as the water diminishes.

The cleaning of the container is actually easier than some other units because you can fit your whole hand and a sponge into the base.

It didn't stop working or break.

I really don't like the design, which is space-consuming and requires frequent refilling.

It works ok.

from Pelzer, SC

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

Overall it works pretty well. I dont really like the look of it and it is a little louder than i would like. I do like the fact that you can add vicks vapor in it.

Output Volume
It puts out a good amount of steam, but i dont like the fact that you can adjust the amount coming out.

It doesnt last as long as would have liked it to.

I hate cleaning this humidifier. It makes a mess and gets water everywhere. No easy way to do it. And it is aggravating to add the water because the base is so bulky. And because of the way it is made it is a little difficult to get all of the water out when you are finished with it.

It seemed to hold up but i was not impressed so I ended up selling it. I had it for a while and had no problems with it just a few things were aggravating.

I do not like the design. I prefer a modern looking humidifier. I do like that it has a place to add vicks vapor liquid. That is very nice and helps the babies when they are sick and stopped up.

Good for what it is

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

For what it is this is an excellent humidifier. We use it when we are sick and it helps with my entire families cough and congestion and we do sleep through the night. I especially like it because we can put a little vapor rub in the top of the humidifier and the humidifier steams the vapor rub and distributes throughout the room. The magic behind this system is that the humidity not only helps relieve my nasal congestion and cough and helps me sleep through the night. but the vapor rub being in the air helps with the aches and pains and the steam helps to hydrate my skin. This humidifier is a win all the way around.

Output Volume
For a single bedroom this is fantastic. I would not try and use it in a large room or a living room but for a bedroom the out put is perfect.

This humidifier does exactly what it is supposed to dol

Changing the filter can be a little bit of a pain because it is not the easiest compartment I have ever tried to open but the large opening at the top of the canister makes cleaning the base easy.

I have had the one we use at our house for over 5 years and never had an issue with it working.

This humidifier is small and fits nicely on a dresser. It is very easy to move around and the chambers make it easy to use.

• Output Volume:

Worked a few times and then broke

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

I bought this when my daughters pediatrician recommended that she have a humidifier in her room. She was suffering from a terrible cold and the humidifier would give her room the added moisture. I bought this Vick's humidifier and the solution to go into it. It worked like a charm for the first few times we used it. The steam would come out great, it was very quiet and the smell of Vick's helped her to sleep better. It held a good amount of water and would last all night on a low setting.
I noticed that the condensation started to get worst every time we used it. I would have to put a towel under it to avoid ruining the dresser it was sitting on. I went to use it again and it would not turn on at all. I don't think this product is very durable at all.

Output Volume
This humidifier is very quiet and did not disrupt my daughters sleep at all.

It is not the easiest to clean, but I don't think any humidifier is.

This product broke after we only used it a few times.

Does the job!

from Brooke tx

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

My first born was sick and I needed a humidifier. I looked at a few different ones and decided to go with this one. It's pretty simple and it was inexpensive. I decided to try it and hoped it worked. It worked great! I love that it has the night light feature on it. It's very light and easy to use. The cord is long enough depending where you want to use it at. It's also very easy to clean. I used it when my kids would have a runny nose or a cough. I also use the vicks packages that go with it. I love the clean smell. It's also not too loud. Personally, it's soothing to me. I would recommend this product. A lot of the other products sold for babies are good but this works great and for the price it works better. No need to spend more for one that is shaped like a monkey!

The humidifier had a wide opening making it easy to clean.

It's very simple and nice. It's not flashy of has animal shapes like a lot of the ones for babies but it does the job.

Great for kids!

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

The Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier is a great choice if you have young kids. The feature that I like the most about this humidifier is that the steam does not get hot enough to burn your hand. I always set the humidifier up on a shelf, but I feel far more comfortable and safe knowing that my son will not burn his hand if he does come in contact with the steam from the humidifier. I also like that you can fill the small reservoir in front of the steam vent with the liquid Vick's product. This really helps my son when he is congested and it makes a big difference as to how quickly his cough and congestion clears up. The only suggestion I have when using this humidifier is to add a little salt to the water if the humidifier does not start steaming within the first few minutes of use. Overall, I am very impressed with this product and will continue to use it when my son in congested.

• Output Volume:

Not the best and not the worse.

from Crofton, MD

Comments about Vicks 1.5 Gallon Humidifier:

We bought this for my son when he was a baby to help with his constant cough. We are honestly not sure if it worked or not for him, or if the cough improved over time due to the seasons. I used it in the shower when I was sick and it did work well then. You have to make sure it is in a small room to get the best results, though hovering over it with a towel works well to.

Output Volume
Used the water and medicine quickly and at a high rate of output, but still best used in a small room.

I am sure there are higher quality humidifiers on the market, if you are serious about using medicine via a humidifier, it would probably be best to buy higher quality.

Really simple to clean, plastic container with a removable top. Plastic container rinses out easily.

Fell off the table in the bathroom several times! Still works!

Somewhat awkward shape for a small night stand or a small bathroom table, probably could have been design more optimally for sitting near someone sleeping or in a bathroom.