3.7
Veggie Patch
Veggie Patch Portobella and Garlic Burgers

Veggie Patch Portobella and Garlic Burgers

3.7

Anyone concerned about sodium?

from Warrenton, MO

Comments about Veggie Patch Portobella and Garlic Burgers:

These were ok.  I'm not a big fan of veggie burgers to begin with though.  My big question is, wasn't anyone else concerned about the huge amount of sodium in these burgers?  Also, one reviewer mentioned how "big and juicy" they were.  I thought these patties were really tiny.  But I also notice the picture of the package shown here looks different than mine.  I'm sure they are Veggie Patch brand, but maybe I need to double check if they were called "burgers".  Maybe there is another portobella garlic type patty (different size) than the one being reviewed here?  Anyway, I would much rather have had a real burger : )

Flavorful Vegetarian Burger

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Veggie Patch Portobella and Garlic Burgers:

I absolutely love the taste of these Veggie Patch Garlic Portabello burgers.  These burgers are the perfect meat substitute for vegetarians and a great way for burger lovers to eat healthy.  Each of the burger patties is made with a textured vegetable protein and so much flavor.  I love the grilled flavor and the garlic is the perfect spice.  Each patty is 120 calories and 6 grams of fat, but tastes amazing.  These are so easy to make and enjoy because you can microwave them for 1-2 minutes or just grill them up on the barbeque for a few minutes for an added smoky flavor.  I love the texture of these burgers because they are big and juicy and very moist, not dry and chewy.  These are the perfect way for a vegetarian to enjoy a burger and have a lot of flavor to taste really delicious.

The best meatless burger I've found

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Veggie Patch Portobella and Garlic Burgers:

In an effort to eat a more healthful diet, I've been searching for the tastiest meatless burger out there. Burgers are just one of my loves, and I'm not willing to give them up 100%. I've tried just about all the meatless patties out there, and these are, by far, the best.

Gardenburger portobella burgers are delicious. They're made with textured soy protein (tsp), which give them a beefy texture and consistancy, and portobella mushrooms, which provide added texture, and also rich flavor. Honestly, it'd be easy to trick someone into thinking they were eating a very lean sirloin burger.

According to the package, these are 54% lower in fat than a traditional beef patty. That's substantial for someone who's trying to lose weight. I tried cooking these using the stovetop methed, and also in the microwave. To be honest, the microwave method was both faster, tons leaner (no need to oil a pan) and better-tasting. Just as long as you use a little plastic wrap, to keep the burgers from drying out, these come out of the microwave looking and tasting like a grilled beef patty.

One thing: the package directions say one burger needs 35 seconds. I bought these from the frozen foods section and I find, from frozen, they need more like 90-100 seconds to be fully heated. Just don't skip the plastic or wax paper to keep in the moisture.