3.2

Cons

• Features:
    • Customer Service:

Vegas.com has everything Las Vegas

I'm writing this review because I've had so many good experiences with vegas.com.

Let me just say this. In Las Vegas, everybody knows about this company. The amount of information they have on their site is mind boggling. I've lived here for 7 years and have been on their site hundreds of times and I always seem to find something new and interesting. Whenever I'm going to see a show, I check their shows listings first because they have so many great deals on shows in town.

Tip. Be on the lookout for their promotions. They run new promos every other month or so and you can find killer deals for your vegas trip. Just recently they ran a "baggage fee" promotion which promised to pay their customers luggage fee if they booked with vegas.com. Unfortunately, being a resident, I couldn't take advantage of it..

I can't really say enough good things about this company. The fact that they still run their call center in house, employing people from Las Vegs in these trying times, is commendable. Unlike Travelocity where I've had to wait 30 - 60 mins to talk to someone who I can barely understand, these guys are fast, helpful and downright pleasant to speak to.

Only downside: Because they have so much content on their site, it sometimes gets a bit "cluttery" and if you haven't been there yet, initially it could take a little getting used to. Truth is, I rather put up with that and save money for the Blackjack tables... especially nowadays in this dreadful economy!!

Hasta Las Vegas!

CAUTION ! READ THIS BEFORE BOOKING !

I was planning on going to Las Vegas with my boyfriend for Xmas vacation. We were so excited about the trip... When we are trying to plan the trip, we found out Vegas.com. It seemed easy to get information and it provided the flight, hotel and activity. We trusted the site and booked flight, hotel and show. On 24th Dec, we were in the airport where we faced our first problem. 1, spirit airline charged us baggage fee $40 each bag i.e $80 for 2 bags. We checked the Vegas.com booking, but we could not find that there was extra fees for carry on bag which is free on all other airlines. If we had known, we would have taken 1 big check-in bag, instead of 2 carry ons. So we needed to pay $160 extra ($80 each way) for our round trip. This is not good, we could upgread better ailrine if we knew that. Spirit airline is not clean. When I open the seat tray, I found some sticky liquid on it. Also, my seat was so sticky. Actually I got high fever just after coming back from Vegas, I am suspicious that the reason is those extremely unsanitary environment. Anyway, I had a very bad experience. I' ve never taken such an awful airline. 2. Vegas.com gave us 2 complementary buffets. It said that except 24, 25 dec, we can use anytime. so we wanted to use 26 and 27 for our lunch. However, we could use only once. We were informed that since we had both had lunch 1 day, the two complimentary buffet were used. We had thought it was 2 complimentary buffets each for both of us and not 1 each. We had such an acidulous experience in our Xmas vacation. The scamsters,Vegas.com, ripped us off our hard earned money by misinformation. I would totally not recomend using this site if you want to have a good, honest vacation.

Very Disappointed with Vegas.com

from Livermore, CA

Comments about Vegas.com:

I tried to give a "no star" rating, but was not allowed so the one star is generous! I booked tickets for my husband and me for the Blue Man Group at the Luxor through Vegas.com. They assured me they had the best prices and even claimed to give me some discounts. However, they could not give me my seat numbers, saying they were "best available" and I needed to pick up the tickets at the door. Seemed odd, but I accepted it. When we arrived and I signed for the tickets I noted that the value was almost $50 less than what I had paid. Also, they were terrible seats. Kudos to the Blue Man Group staff who were willing to shift us to very nice seats. So, I paid way too much for very poor quality. Won't do it again!

"Cannot Complete Your Order" - Yet AMEX Shows Charge Pending

from Birmingham, MI

Comments about Vegas.com:

I should know better than to use an online site before checking reviews...just tried booking my air/hotel/trans...put in my card info and the screen read, 'we cannot complete your order.' Hmmm...must have entered a wrong # since my card does not have a limit issue. I was going to try again...however...Am Ex sends a notice when my card exceeds a $1000 transaction. That's right...order incomplete...yet charge is pending. Tried calling the #866. It rang & then busy signal. A phone call will get the charges dropped...I'm more annoyed by the time spent contemplating options on this site. Would not recommend.

please never ever book any hotels using Vegas.com

from las vegas, nv

Comments about Vegas.com:

wrong charge. misleading fee. rude customer service. zero star if it exists.

The true reason you are having problems

from Las Vegas, Nevada

Comments about Vegas.com:

Full disclosure I am affiliated with Vegas.com and it's subsidiaries, that out of the way down to brass tacks .

Before I started working with Vegas.coms I had booked with them a couple times with no issue. I booked for Jerry Seinfeld when he came out here, I booked for the Mandalay Bay as well as the D Las Vegas hotels. Myself being a local I have not booked airfare with them, no need. Reading over these reviews, my heart kind of sank, Vegas.com is a good company, it's local, it's small, and it is hands on . There are a couple things that I can unequivocally agree with, baggage fees suck, cancelling close to check day sucks, trying to get a refund from a show at one of the five star resorts really sucks.... Here is the thing that a lot of people do not know . It's not vegas.com, it's usually one of the partners. We don't control bag fees. For cancelling unfortunately customers get stuck in a game of tennis, the partner says it is no problem to cancel to you guys but when they get contacted by us for a refund they deny the request because they get to keep the money, and not look like the bad guy. Most of the time we have no issue refunding a show or hotel as long as there is enough time given.

Negative stuff out of the way... Time for a positive end note.

Vegas.com is run and operated by locals who actually know what they are talking about, when you go to a different site and look at the summary it is done (usually) by one person who had been to that hotel once . When you go onto Vegas.com or call in you're talking to someone who has not only been to the place you are talking about but most likely has done the exact thing (show, tour, restaurant or whatever) before . We are like your college friend that moved to vegas, we will tell you how it really is, and what is fun to do out here. We are a resource to use and find out what is fun or exciting to do in one of the craziest cities in the world.

Honestly , we try, but sometimes it is out of our hands.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

will never use again

from pahrump Nv

Comments about Vegas.com:

After booking room on the 13th email confirmation said I had until 26th to cancel. Called to reschedule was told I was over my 72 hours to cancel or reschedule. Will never use site again

Expensive trip to Vegas

from San Francisco Bay Area

Comments about Vegas.com:

Extra costs for airlines and hotel (not including food, room service, etc.). Pick up location a misprint and Bell Trans stated they had told Vegas.com to change the doors listed. Took almost 2 hours to go from airport to hotel. Next time we would use another vendor.

Sent to wait at the wrong place!!!

from Las Vegas

Comments about Vegas.com:

I used Vegas.com to book a Dream Car Racing Experience tour. They told me to wait outside Todd Morgan Pub and that there was a car parked outside. In reality, the car wasn't parked outside the pub. It was placed two levels down from the pub. We missed our reservation because we were waiting in the wrong place. Vegas.com should have known about the change. EPIC FAIL! Don't call yourselves "Vegas Insiders" if you can't guide someone on where to stand.

Do Not Book Through Vegas.com

from St. Louis

Comments about Vegas.com:

I booked a trip for my husbands birthday and 2 days before was diagnosed with Stomach Cancer. The hoops I had to jump through to cancel were awful!!! I am sick as a dog and instead of getting people who were willing to help and reach out to the hotel, I had to make several calls to actual hotel, and to Vegas.com 3 times before I could possibly cancel. Plus a doctors note had to be sent. And I don't have an answer yet. This company needs a compassionate exception for emergencies.

Reservation cancelled and we were not notified

from Seattle, Washington

Comments about Vegas.com:

We were in Vegas for our anniversary. We made reservations to see LaReve at the Wynn. We received confirmation by e-mail but when we went to pick up the tickets, the reservation had been cancelled. We were never notified by Vegas.com that there was any miscommunication with our bankcard. The bank said the charge had been approved and they had not denied it. Vegas.com said the reservation had been cancelled for denial. What a mess. They were unwilling to help us at all. I will never use Vegas.com again. Needless to say the charge went thru to my bank and they were required to issue a credit and we did not get to see the show.. Very unprofessional customer service. BEWARE. . .an email confirmation is no guarantee.

Disappointing

from Woodstown, nj

Comments about Vegas.com:

After purchasing a hotel, air, show package I find out that they will not honor my show tickets because there was a 72hr deadline imposed to reserve them. It was not made clear before the purchase. Although I paid for the package the show tickets are now "forfeited."

Besides that the website is not user friendly and allows you go through a ton of prompts before it tells you what you selected is not available.

Customer service is unable to help.