1.6
Vectra 3D

Vectra 3D

1.6

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (3)

Vectra 3D Is the only flea medicine for my dog!!

I have always used Front-line because it seemed to be the best flea medicine for my pet, Zeke. For the past several months I noticed he had little bumps on his back and would scab over and then go away, but just recently he began to chew and pull his hair out which would be lying all over the carpet in the morning. It only got worse so we went to the vet and he said even though there where no sign of fleas they where apparently jumping on him, biting him, and jumping back off. This bite would get a infected and drive him crazy. We switched to Vectra and it was like turning off a switch!! Instant relief! Fleas no longer even want to jump on my dog there for no chance of biting him. I hope this helps someone else who maybe having the same problem!

Awful - Beware of this product

Within minutes of application our Bichon and love of our life Clayton went crazy, running and jumping and ended up with what appeared to be seizures and had to be rushed to Vet. After shot appeared better only to get worse. Have reported to Vet and manufactuer. They are required to notify the EPA. Do not use, we thought we would lose our beloved dog. We successfully used frontline for 7 years and switched when Vet recommeded Vectra. Caution, read what this contains. Scary!

Would never recommend

from Alabama

Pros

Cons

• Not Effective

Comments about Vectra 3D:

I messed up and bought a years worth for both my dogs
      I have a large and small dog. Frontline always worked before but this was cheaper and something new my vet recommended. My dogs have fleas and I'm stuck with this useless product until I can afford frontline again

DOES NOT WORK AT ALL

from Athens, Ohio

Pros

Cons

• Did not kill any flea whatsoever on my dog.
        • Not Effective

Comments about Vectra 3D:

4 days after proper application directly to the skin at the back of the neck, fleas were crawling all over my dog's belly. My dog doesn't swim, didn't have a bath, is older and not that active. I can only conclude that the product does not work at all. The clinic that sold me this junk lied to me and told me no one complained about this product except me, and refused to give me my money back. Needless to say, I won't be returning to that clinic.

from mechanicsburg pa

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective

• Larger Pets
            • Smaller Pets

Comments about Vectra 3D:

I wish it were easier to find a forum to thank vectra 3d. I read the reviews and was scared but when you have 2 dogs with flea allergies on steroids, losing hair and scratching all the time you have to try something. Frontline, advantix and others did not work..vectra 3d saved us and we are still going strong. We had no side affects from what I could tell. I have both a yorkie and a keeshond. Thank you for saving them.

Did not work for either of my dogs!!

Comments about Vectra 3D:

I was told the only flea medicine my new Vet carried was Vectra, I have always used Frontline on both my dogs. I have never had a problem. I have switched to Vectra for 2 months and my dogs have fleas. My one dog has it so bad and he's all red from the bites, so I had to pay more money for a steroid. I will never buy this product again. Also it doesn't work, so as a consumer you would think they would give you your money back. That didn't happen.

Great Product for Large Breed Dogs!!!

Comments about Vectra 3D:

We have four large breed dogs, an Akita, a Rhodesian Ridge-back, a Sheppard, and a Husky and live out in the country where there are tons of bugs since we live by water; a pond and a creek. Our vet recommended the Vectra 3D for dogs primarily for the repellent to mosquitoes, and boy oh boy was he right! When we moved and had to switch vets, this one didn't carry the Vectra and had us try the Frontline Plus. Didn't work on our dogs at all. Was oily and slimy and left marks and an odor on our dogs for a month! We asked our new vet to order the Vectra special for us and he did and what a difference it has made. Our dogs are not bothered by fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, or bees. I highly recommend this product and would not switch again. Keep in mind, we do not have cats, and reading the other reviews I see it can be harmful to cats, which we know nothing about. Nor do we know how this product works on small dogs, since ours are all over 60 pounds, three are long haired and one short hair. Our short hair is the one who used to have the worst reaction to bug bites, but with this product he hasn't been bothered by the bugs at all as long as we keep on schedule.

Don't use it. It's very toxic.

Comments about Vectra 3D:

My vet told me to use a new flea and tic meds (vectra) i used to use frontline but I was told it is no longer strong enough to work since it is sold at stores. Vectra made my dog sick about 6 hours after it was applied. He started scratching almost immediately. He threw up over and over again. We looked it up online and saw this is common. We washed him off three different times with dish soap. He layed around not feeling good the rest of the night. I think this product is very dangerous. Read up on new products before you use them.

Owner Has Alergic Reaction. Hospitalized

Comments about Vectra 3D:

After switching my GS to Vectra 3D I had an allergic reaction that sent me to the emergency room each time I applied it for 3 straight months until we identified the problem and discontinued its use. Once I went into cardiac fibulation. Beware of touching this product! I do not have any other allergies.

Not Happy with this Product! Does not work at all!!!!!

Comments about Vectra 3D:

I have always used Frontline on my dog and have NEVER had a problem. At her last visit to the vet I wanted to pick up some more Frontline Plus which lasts for 3 months keeping her totally flea free. So I normally only need to buy a 3 dose package twice a year. Anyway, my vet no longer carries Frontline. They said some lame excuse that fleas were becoming resistant to Frontline and that they were now offering their patients Vetra3D. Well, I have never had any trouble with Frontline, but I figured my dog needs some flea treatment and they are willing to sell me just one dose, I will try it. The stupid stuff only lasted 15 days before I started seeing fleas on my dog! I have not seen a flea on my dog in 13 years!!!!! That is how long I have used Frontline and have kept my dog flea free! For the first time in 13 years I saw 2 fleas on my dog. Also, my indoor cat has never had to use a flea medication because my use of frontline on my dog kept our home flea free. Now i must purchase some frontline for both my cat and dog because she has been scratching. That's another thing, I read that Vetra3D for dogs is dangerous to cats. She sleeps with my dog and will crawl into my dog's crate and sleep. That scares me. Also when I applied the Vectra3D to my dog she rolled on her back and tried to wipe it off. She has never done that with Frontline. I think she did not like the fact that i drew a line down the middle of her back with the product. That upset her. I am beginning to think that may be the reason why it only lasted 15 days before I began seeing Fleas. She must not have gotten the full dose. Anyway, I am on my way to Petsmart to purchase some Frontline Plus for my cat and my dog. Vectra3D does not work for us!

Superior Flea and Tick Killer plus Mesquito repellant

Comments about Vectra 3D:

I own six dogs and have never had any luck with other flea and tick products until Vectra 3 D became available. The instructions to every product marketed is in the package for one reason.............to be READ and adherred to. Using this product as the manufacturer advises has kept my pet flea, tick-free and happy. My neighbor's dog had it applied and we began to see the fleas drop off the dog and begin dying within two hours of application. Reviews should be based on proper use of a product and the product should not be given an inappropriate low rating due to consumer misuse.

BEWARE

Comments about Vectra 3D:

AS I WRITE THIS. I AM COUNTING THE DAYS AFTER HAVING GIVEN MY DOG HIS FIRST AND ONLY DOSE OF VECTRA, BECAUSE THE FURTHER OUT WE GET THE BETTER I FEEL AND I'M SURE HE DOES TOO, AS I DO BELIEVE THAT THIS PRODUCT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CAUSING MY VERY HEALTHY YOUNG DOG TO HAVE TWO SEIZURES....