Other Body Lotions:

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture does the job!

Living at altitude in Colorado, I am prone to dry skin as I spend a lot of time outdoors with the dogs. Most moisturizing lotions feel very greasy to me, don't absorb well, and are highly fragranced. However, Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture is the antithesis of those other lotions.

First, it's fragrance-free, which I really appreciate as strong scents make me sneeze (and don't really want to attract insects when I'm outside). Second, it applies very smoothly and absorbs reasonably well (not as quickly as lotions that are touted as being "quick absorbing" but definitely not tacky after about 5 minutes). Third, the moisturizing qualities last for hours, leaving my skin feeling quite soft and smooth, even elbows and ankles.

Bottom line, this is a great, functional body lotion that does the job, at a very reasonable price. It works well during both summer and winter, and doesn't rub off or stain clothing either.

Can Cause an Allergic Reaction

I received a free sample of Vaseline Intensive Rescur Repairing Moisture Lotion and I am very glad I did so I did not waste any money.   I do tend to have somewhat sensitive skin, but usually do not have a problem with products I purchase as long as I stay away from the ones that do cause my skin to turn red and itch.  I guess I will have to add this product and possibly any Vaseline lotion to the list.

I applied the lotion and it did go on smoothly.  It felt really nice on my winter skin and did not feel sticky or wierd (sorry, not a better word) after applying.  Not 5 minutes after applying, however, my skin started to itch and turn red.  That was REALLY fast as it usually takes my a couple of applications to show a reaction to something.  I guess there are just too many chemicals in this lotion for me.  It has a nice light fragrance, so I know it is not that.  It must be the chemicals.

If you do not have sensitive skin, this would be a good lotion, but if you are sensitive in the least. STAY AWAY!  There are other, more mild lotions that do the job just as well.

Skin friendly

from Houston texas

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Bedtime
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Eczema
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

Using since last year amazing works

Sorta Dramatic Results

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

This was a pretty hydrating lotion, but it didn't totally banish dry skin for me. For me, this was a pretty light lotion with some hydrating effects, but it wasn't a dramatic solution to my dry skin. I would say this was a good moisture for people with normal skin, but definitely not for people with really dry skin who want an instant and dramatic fix for their dry skin.

The scent smelled sort of like a mixture of powder and some sort of herbal concoction. The fragrance of this product wasn't offsetting or unpleasant, but I'm also not a huge fan of the smell.

Absorption
    This was a light weight formula which was really easy for my skin to absorb. It took just seconds for my skin to absorb this product when I was rubbing it on. My only complaint is this product leaves behind a strange sort of residue.

This product didn't give me any dramatic, moisturizing results, but it did seal in my skin's natural moisture very well. This product isn't for people who have very dry skin or for people who need a potent and curing formula for dry skin.

Not Great

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

I decided to try Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion because my skin was horribly dry. My elbows had a lot of rough dry patches and so did my knees. I was hoping that with a name like Intensive Rescue Repair that the Vaseline lotion would really help heal my dry skin, however that was not the case. I did not see any improvement in my dry skin for over two weeks. I was very disappointed. The lotion was also very messy. It was very runny. Also after I applied the lotion my skin and my hands felt greasy.

The Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion did not really have a scent.

Absorption
    The lotion did absorb very quickly on my skin. After I applied the lotion my hands were very greasy.

The Vaseline lotion was not effective for my dry skin. The rough patches on my skin did not improve for over two weeks, and it took even longer for the rough patches to be completely gone.

Wonderful Moisturizer

from MI

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

I tend to be an extremely dry person overall, despite drinking boatloads of water. The winter weather just wreaks havoc on my sensitive skin and hair, leaving my dry, parched, itchy with usually cracked skin.

My mother has been a lifelong Vaseline Intensive Care user - and lately she has been purchasing the Intensive Rescue Repairing line of the lotion. Last winter I was commenting on how dry my skin was, so she gave me a bottle (just one of her 50 that she has stockpiled.) Instantly, I was hooked. It goes on smooth and not greasy, despite being a heavy duty moisturizer intended for very dry skin. It is fragrance free, which I like, as heavy fragrance and dry, cracked skin just never seem to mix well.

Within 1-2 uses I could feel instant relief of my dry skin and I felt less itchy, less dry and my skin felt soft again. I am now a convert and I love this stuff as well. The other great thing is that a little goes a very long way, and since the bottle is relatively inexpensive, you really get your money's worth with this great product. I will definitely buy this product again, as it has worked wonders on my dry, winter skin.

Fragrance-free - which I love!

Non-greasy, absorbs nicely.

Great! It really rescues my dry, itchy, cracked winter skin.

Very nice fragrance-free lotion

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

I typically enjoy fragranced or perfumed hand creams and body lotions, but this is excellent for when my hands are extra sensitive or for after washing my hands. It is very fast- absorbing and moisturizing, and I love that I can just use it throughout the day without a greasy residue. I always have a few of these around my home. I also love this lotion for the colder months, when my skin is extra dry. I can use this on my hands and my body without worrying about adverse effects, as well as share it with my four-year-old daughter with out worrying that her skin will react negatively to any perfumes or chemicals that are found in my perfumed hand creams from other companies or brands. As far as I know, this is available in large bottles as well as travel sized ones, and I like to purchase several at a time.

This product is fragrance free, which makes it an excellent choice for someone with sensitive skin or for those times when you just need moisture without any added scents on your skin.

• Absorption:

Really moisturizing without that greasy feel

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

I always try different lotions just to see if they work good on my skin. I have really itchy and dry skin sometimes during certain months. I tried the Vaseline intensive rescue repairing moisture lotion and it seemed to help soothe and moisturize my skin without it feeling too heavy. This lotion doesn't have a scent to it, its fragrance free so I don't have to worry about it irritating my skin. It makes my skin feel nourished and hydrated without me feeling greasy. It relieves my dry chapped skin and using it in just a few uses my skin has looked a lot better. I love how this lotion lasts on my body all day without me having to put more on. Its affordable for me to buy so its not expensive which is really good. I've been using this lotion for almost a year and I've seen a difference in the texture of my skin its a lot softer and smoother. I haven't been itchy as much and its helped healed my chapped skin.

Great everyday lotion

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

I use this lotion about every day when I get out of the shower, and it has really helped my dry itchy skin. The product is easy to apply and does not feel greasy on my fingers. There is no overwhelming scent, hardly a scent at all, just light fresh scent. After a few applications my skin felt so much better, and stopped itching so much. Even if I only apply a few times of week because I am in a hurry it still keeps my skin moisturized and healthy. After applying it rubs in easily and you don't feel greasy or covered in something.

Hardly any scent at all, which is how I like it.

Absorption
    Absorbs really quickly and easily. Doesn't feel like I am covered in something within minutes.

Works great at relieving dry itching skin, and keeps my skin healthy. The only thing that I mark it down for is it takes a couple of applications to get the full effect, but I believe it is like that with any lotion, the healing can never be instantaneous.

Vaseline Lotion

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

Vaseline intensive rescue repairing lotion is a lifesaver!! My hands tend to get very dry and cracked because I wash my hands a lot because I have a young messy son. I also clean a lot and work in the cleaning industry so all of the cleaning chemicals and frequent washing that requires also takes it's toll on my hands. Then there's also the fact that it gets cold here in the winter. So honestly I really need a great lotion!! I was struggling so much with such extreme and painful dryness in my hands and couldn't find a lotion that would moisturize my hands enough! My hands would be so dry they would literally be red! Then I decided to try this Vaseline lotion after my mom recommended it for me. It had literally changed my life! I use it every night before I fall asleep on my hands and I have not had to deal with dry itchy hands ever since then. I have even gotten compliments on how soft my hands are! It has a nice clean scent not much of one but I like that so it doesn't coincide with my perfume! It absorbs really well and doesn't leave my hands greasy or sticky. Perfection!

Good Lotion

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

I was recently given Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion by a friend who was cleaning out her lotions. I've been using this lotion every day, and I think it has helped my skin not become too dry during the winter months. The lotion is gentle enough for sensitive skin, and I haven't had any sensitivity to the lotion.

In addition to keeping your skin moisturized, the lotion smells great! It's not a flowery scent, it's more of a fresh scent. It is not too overpowering, which is great when you use a lot of the lotion.

This lotion is does not make your skin oily, rather it absorbs pretty quickly. I actually just put some on before I started to type this review, and it already absorbed into my skin--no oily marks are on my keyboard!

I really like this scent. It's a fresh scent that is not overpowering.

Absorption
    This absorbs into your skin quickly. It does not leave your skin oily.

This has kept my skin moisturized all winter.

• Absorption:

Lotion that does what it's supposed to!

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture Lotion:

Sometimes, what you really need, isn't necessarily what you want. I LOVE the smell good lotions from department stores and fancy bath stores, but that's the best thing about them... they smell good. They don't provide the moisture I need, or help keep my hands from drying out and cracking during the winter months.

After some searching, I have discovered that Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion works best on my skin. During the winter months, my hands will become dry, cracked, and develop eczema patches. Hydrocortisone has been necessary to heal the patches in the past, but with this lotion, I am able to stay on top of the problem.

The lotion applies great, absorbs fast, and doesn't leave behind a greasy feeling. While there's no major scent to the lotion, it's not unpleasant, but definitely not strong. Nice smells and pretty packaging are great, but this lotion really does what it is supposed to; moisturizes and repairs dry and cracked skin.