View more body lotions

Vaseline

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy is Perrfect!!

So I got a free sample of this in the mail. I  fell in love. Its unscented which is perfect for people with sensitive and dry skin. Its thick and creamy enough. Its the best lotion I have had so far. I went out and bought it. Its kinda expensive. But your skin is the most valuable organsim you have. You should spend extra money on skin products because your skin is worth it and if you dont you will regret it in the long run. I love this lotion! I cant live with out it now. It really helps the skin. I have really dry skin on my legs..I think they call it chicken skin. Its actually like ecsema[sp?} random dry patches of skin. But they itch so i usually scratch them raw. Well since I have been using this lotion constantly I have not had a dry patch yet. This is the first lotion i have used that hasnt gotten on my nerves. It has no fragrance but it smells so fresh and clean. It doesnt make your skin feel greasey. Its a real good product.

I thought that they already addressed this dry skin business!

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy Skin Protectant Body Lotion was given to me as a gift.  It promised a "unique formulation clinically proven to provide "prescription strength" moisturization to extremely dry skin that becomes dry, flaky, itchy, and red. Since I already had a slew of moisture replenishing products of various brands, what was one more to try and evaluate?

This  flip-top applicator bottle came in a generous 6.8 oz size, was unfragranced, and promised "prescription strength moisturization".  I guess that means that the ingredients, in this bottle are the strongest non-prescription moisturization available for very dry skin.  I just wondered how "prescription strength" can be offered in a "non-prescription" product?  What's the sense then of even utilizing a prescription for dry skin, and paying more, if you have Vaseline's product that promises to do the same, right? And, for much less money.

Now, my skin gets neither red nor itchy, but it certainly gets dry at times, and flakes. So, I thought that it would do a good job on my legs, which are always exposed to the sun, and are usually the driest area of my body. I had previously used Vaseline's Stratys 3--a superior moisturizing product on my dry skin. So, I set out to do a short comparison between the two products.

I've reviewed Stratys 3 before and it effectively eliminated and produced profoundly moisturized and softened skin on me. It was cumulative as well.  Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy actually performed in a similar fashion.  But, the results were not better than Stratys 3. The "prescription strength" promise didn't enhance the performance of this product at all.  If anything, it made no difference really---- at least not a difference that was "clinically proven"  to provide "prescription strength" moisture to my body.  So, no "yipees" or "hoots and hollers" here, just subdued nods and accolades for a well -performing member of the Vaseline Moisturizer Family.

I'm not quite sure why they had to make another Vaseline Moisturizer on top of some of the other superior moisturizing products that Vaseline has, but, they just felt compelled to create a "Clinical" sounding name to emphasize its cut above the "rest of the pack" of products out there.

I've noticed that there's Clinical in the name of a lot of OTC products out there. My toothpaste is called Pro Clinical, my facial moisturizer is "clinically proven", my sunscreen is "clinically tested",  I have make-up that alludes to its Clinical origins, anti-aging products that have "clinically show" proven results.  OK, I get it.  Where are you supposed to test these products but in a lab, anyway?  So, this Clinical moniker has lost some of its hype for me.

INGREDIENTS:  Active  Dimethicone (1%) Skin Protectant   Inactive ingredients:  water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Distearyldimoniun Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Steareth-21, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Soybean, Sterol,Petrolatum,Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Tapioca Starch, Stearyl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDH  Hydantoin, Titanium Dioxide

It contains Mineral Oil, Parabens, and Petrolatum.

USES:  Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked skin.  Helps protect from the drying effects of wind and cold weather.

WARNINGS:  Don't get into your eyes, stop use and discontinue if symptoms worsen, last more than 7 days, or occur again. Do not use on deep puncture wounds, animal bites or serious burns.

MY OPINION:  Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy Skin Protectant Body Lotion is no better nor worse than other similar Moisturizers. I don't understand why it was even promoted as being "Clinical Therapy" for your skin  because I have not seen any amazing "prescription strength" moisturizing results.  It performs just as well as Stratys 3, another Vaseline skin-moisturizing product.  I assumed that my results would be extraordinary. It moisturizes, it leaves skin soft, its not greasy, and the results are good--they are  just not amazing. Three Stars for an average contender in the competitive world of dry skin relief products.

from California

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Deep Moisturization

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

Within 2 days of use all my split, dry, and red skin on my back and abdomen was gone!!!

Soothing lotion that greatly improves dry skin.

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy has become one of my must haves. I have very dry skin due to eczema, so my hands tend to crack and bleed. This lotion is fragrance free so it's gentle enough for me to use on my sensitive skin. I have noticed that it significantly improves red, irritated, and dry skin.

No fragrance is a definite plus for me since I have such sensitive skin! I can even apply it to the cracked skin on my hands because it has such a soothing feeling and doesn't burn.

Absorption
    No need to rub in forever and a day after applying. This lotion absorbs quickly and doesn't leave that icky residue feeling that some lotions leave on your skin.

It does just as the name suggests, it intensively rescues your damaged or irritated skin.

Love It

I adore this lotion. Its my HG for
    sure. It goes on smooth and soaks
    right into my skin. It is soo
    moisturizing and silly. I use it on
    my body and on my face for night
    time. I was hesitant at first to use
    it as a "night cream" , but thought
    I would give it a try. I'm prone to
    acne since having my first daughter
    when I was twenty. My skin is
    finally starting to clear up at the
    age of 20. Well I've been using this
    as my "night cream" after I use my
    Clarisonic and it works wonders! I
    haven't had one pimple and my
    face is smooth and no more dry
    patches. I don't wear it on my face
    during the day though because it
    does leave a little "film" on my
    skin. I don't mind it at night
    though. This lotion is hands down
    the best I've found yet! It is non - greasy and but extremely sweaty and Oh!! It is pleasure to put it on the skin.

During the cold weather my skin starts to flake, red rashes form, it itches, burns...
    basically my face becomes dry as
    heck! This lotion would be my remedy.

Vaseline Lotion

from Vero Beach, FL

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

There is nothing like this lotion.  It soothes the skin, moisturizes the body, and helps to prevent scaly skin.  The frangrance is not at all overpowering and it does not leave any residue behind.  I have used this lotion on the entire family.  Children love to use this lotion as well and it is not harmful to them.  It helps keep their skin baby soft and smelling refreshing at the same time.  I have purchased this lotion for different gifts and it is a hit with other mom's too.  I have purchased it to go in a baby basket gift, a friendly "chick gift", and an appreciation gift.  I highly recommend this lotion if you have sensitive skin too.  It is gentle on sensitive skin and doesn't leave any lasting odors or residue.  The price is a little higher than other lotions out there, but it is definitely worth paying for!  Sometimes a good store sale partnered with a coupon helps the cost, but even without those deals, I still buy it and recommend it!

rescues dry skin

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

Vaseline Clinical Therapy, Intensive rescue is a prescription strength fragrance free lotion. Clinical Therapy heals and restores dry chapped cracked skin from damage. It does not leave skin feeling oily or greasy. This product works instantly and is very efective in reviving the mositure level and vibrance of your skin. Vaseline has taken skin care to a whole new level with Clinical Therapy Intensive rescue lotion. I can even feel the effects of this lotion the next day. It is great for my feet , especially my heals since I like to go bare footed or wear sandals during the warm weather.

Keeps skin unbelievably soft

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

I had a terrible rash about a year ago from an unknown allergy and as my skin healed, it developed a horrible dryness and peeling. I needed a good lotion fast, and the ones I had at home were not helping. So i went to the store and picked up a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy and OH MY GOD, it was a lifesaver! Not only did my skin stop peeling, it became incredibly soft after just one use. I also suffer from dry hands and with just a small amount, I can have soft baby-like hands once again. I wash my hands very often during the day and that's very drying for my hands so I always use this lotion after washing my hands for touchable skin. It's also great for the face (i used it when going up to the mountains and the cold wind was horrible for my face but this lotion really helped and it even seemed to protect it from further drying). I love how absorbant it is and the scent is practically unnoticeable which I like since i can pair it with a scented body spray with no problem.

Not that great

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

I bought this because I have really dry skin during the cold season and needed something that would help with the dry skin. This product is ok but after a while my skin reverts to being dry. I wish there was something that would keep skin moisturized while keeping skin oil free.

Great lotion

from Reno, NV

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

Vaseline intensive rescue is an above average lotion. I like that it is a light lotion and absorbs into the skin quickly. I never feel greasy or sticky after application and it is easy to distribute over the skin. No need to continue rubbing and rubbing to get it to soak in.There is no fragrance so for those who don't like smelly lotions, this one is perfect. This lotion does help me a lot with dry and itchy skin. I don't notice any cracking or flaking of my skin. The biggest plus for me is the fact that it does not feel greasy as I mentioned earlier. I hate when lotions make you feel like your pajamas are stuck to your skin. Ugh! The lotion is easy to find in numerous stores: drug stores, mass retailers and supermarkets. No need to go to a special retail outlet for it. The price is also very agreeable for the size of bottle you receive. All in all, I would recommend this lotion for anyone who wants a light moisturizer.

Causes painful hands!

from Huntington, IN

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

I do not recommend this product. I had a sample size of it and it did not seem to make my hands more soft or improve them. They have been very chapped and I was disappointed that this lotion did not help.

Outstanding for Children and Adults!

from Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy:

I purchased the Non-Scented Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy Lotion for my husband and daughter a month ago. Both had very dry and flaky skin. My 2 year old's legs were scaly. I had tried many lotions beofre this one.  Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy lotion worked amazingly well! After only 4 days, my daughter's legs and other dry spots were soft. I applied it morning and night. The difference was amazing. It beats anything labeled for children hands down.I now apply it daily and she continues to enjoy soft skin. I will definately continue to use this throughout hte winter for her. My husband has also been very satisfied with the results. The lotion absorbs quickly and works all day long.  Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy lotion has been a tremendous blessing to our family. I felt it was very reasonably priced for the excellent job it does. Sure beats having to do to a dematologist for dry skin problems!