Other Body Lotions:

Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion

Pros

Cons

Love this product!

I absolutely love the Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion and never leave my home without it! This is the best product for hands and is extremely effective especially during winter. I always keep a tube in my bag and use it frequently at work, my hands tend to get dry after I wash them so many times in a day! I also have one on my bedside table and make it a point to use it every night before sleeping. My hands feel smooth, soft and pampered! I also love the way it smells and leaves a light lingering scent around for quite some time. My nails are very brittle and used to break at the slightest touch but I have seen remarkable change in my nail health as well. I can tell that my nails are stronger and they don't split or break anymore. It is light and does not leave a greasy residue. It absorbs quickly and your hands feel hydrated for a long time! This one is here to stay!

Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Hand Lotion

Although I respect Vaseline as a brand, I am not thrilled with this particular product. The Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy hand and nail lotion does not do what I had hoped it would do - that is, hydrate my hands and nails in a subtly scented and non-greasy manner.

My personal preference is towards unscented health and beauty products. The Vaseline Intensive Care hand and nail lotion has a very strong scent that follows you around. You know how often your hands touch your face. To be accosted by the too strong scent each and every time (for at least an hour) is not appealing to me.

Absorption
Although I did give this product a good try based on the reputation of the brand name, I found it lacking. The lotion does not absorb well at all. It just stays on the skin and I have had to wipe it off with a towel so I could get on with my day.

I had high hopes that this hand and nail lotion would solve my dry skin problem. Sadly, it did not.

I finally found the cure for dry ugly cuticles!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion:

I've always had dry ugly cuticles. Maybe it's because I bit my nails growing up. Eventually I discovered acrylic tips and suddenly had such beautiful nails. But my cuticles were still horribly ugly! The lady who did my acrylic fills every week would douse them with oil but it never helped. I bought my own cuticle oil and started applying it myself daily, but it only resulted in oily fingers. Gross! When a friend recommended this lotion, I had nothing to lose. I was stunned to discover that my hands felt soft and my cuticles were improving after just the first two days of use. Once I had children I gave up the acrylic nails completely and I credit Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion for getting me through the transition back to natural nails. Anyone who has been through it knows my pain! But now I have beautiful hands and (for the first time in my life!) gorgeous natural nails and healthy cuticles. I'm a reformed nail biter but you would never know by looking at my hands. Thank you Vaseline!

• Absorption:

The perfect cream for cuticles.

from lakeland, florida

This is the most perfect cream to use when I am doing my nails. I have terribly dry cuticles and I use this cream to soften the skin so I can remove it when I give myself a manicure. I put the cream on my nails and cuticles and let it sit for about five/six minutes and then I rub it in. The dry skin around my fingernails is so easy to remove after that. I just use a pair of cuticle scissors to remove it. This cream works so well to soften my skin. It absorbs well and makes my hands look younger, even after using it just once. This cream also helps strengthen my nails, which is something I really need. My nails can get kind of brittle, but if I use this cream, my nails are stronger and they grow much better. I would recommend using this cream if you have issues with your nails or cuticles. This intensive care cream from Vaseline is wonderful and works wonders.

This lotion is very effective. It does everything the tube says it will do. It is made by Vaseline, a company I trust to help my dried out skin.

Pretty hands!

from Ohio

I first tried a sample of the "Vaseline Intensive care healthy hand and nail revitalizing hand lotion" a couple months back when the company sent me a sample through the mail. At the time, I worked for a very popular cafe & bake shop. I was a supervisor in charge of a lot of different things. Which meant i was using my hands a lot, causing awful damage to my skin, nails and my cuticles. In the winter my hands would dry out so bad they would crack and bleed. The powder from the gloves I had to wear would dry them out, and they would break out from washing dishes. This stuff was a life safer! Small enough to stick in my front pocket of my shirt and no one would say a word. I would use this every chance I had and i must say, my hands and skin have NEVER felt better. It was so creamy and soft it felt like it just melted into my skin. Ever since I tried my first sample, I was hooked. It is a major necessity in my purse, I never leave home without it.

The scent is nice, not very strong. (Which was a good thing for me while wearing it at work)

Absorption
My skin felt like it literally drank this lotion right up. It had absorbed super fast and left NO sticky residue behind.

It worked like magic, my skin is soft as well as my cuticles, and it has also helped with my nail growth. My hands look very pretty now thanks to my Vaseline hand cream!

• Absorption:

Good hand lotion at a good price

Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion is a good enough hand lotion, especially for the price you pay, and it has good moisturizing power on your hand and will certainly help strengthening your nails over time, but I would not rely on this product alone to guarantee strong nails. I used this lotion for about one month and was able to tell a difference in the strength of my nail, but it still did not keep my nails from breaking often, which has been a problem for me for as long as I can remember. I also take vitamin supplements to help with that, and I would recommend that as well if you also have problems growing your nails. The regular use of this Vaseline hand lotion and nail, hair and skin vitamins will certainly make a difference when combined. This lotion contains Alpha Hydroxy and Vitamin E which is great for keeping the skin on your hands smooth and nourished, especially after washing your hands. Even though this is a good, affordable product, as far as moisture goes, I still prefer Neutrogena's Norwegian formula hand lotion.

I like the scent, it is light and smells clean and not too strong.

I love this stuff!

from Pennsylvania

I have been using Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion since it came out years ago. I love it. I have always had a problem with dry nails and cuticles. Now that I am getting older my hands are starting to look dry and show my age. This really makes my hands look and feel so much better. This stuff can take my hands from rough and dry to date ready in seconds. This is very affordable and it lasts a long time because you only need to use a tiny amount each time.

This doesn't really smell yummy or great but it doesn't smell bad. It has a light, pleasant scent.

Absorption
The only downfall about this product is that is does leave a greasy residue on your skin. I like to massage it into my hands and cuticles and then wipe off excess with a clean towel. This takes away any remaining oil.

This is an awesome moisturizer. It makes my hands so soft and smooth. This makes my hands look moisturized and younger longer than any other hand cream I have used.

Fabulous product for hands

I work in a library and my hands are always on display while I check in and out patron's books. I am very self conscious of how my hands and nails look especially in the winter months. During the winter my skin tends to get very dry and look scaly. As a result of touching books and paper all day, my nails tend to get brittle and break easily. I was happy to find a product that claimed to help improve not only the appearance of my hands but also be beneficial to my nails. Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail lotion is amazing. My hands are no longer rough or dry. My skin actually looks healthy and bright. My hands feel so soft and hydrated. My nails do not really seem to be improved but I believe this is due to the fact that I am shelving and moving books all day, This can be hard on nails. I can deal with having short nails and I love having very soft skin on my hands. I keep some at the library, some in my purse and some in my bathroom. I have been known to use this lotion on various parts of my body. It really is a fantastic lotion.

Absorption
This lotion rubs on evenly and is absorbed fast into the skin.

This product is wonderful. My hands and nails look fantastic. My hands are hydrated and look great!

Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Hand Lotion

Good, affordable lotion

Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand & Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion is a great lotion that keeps your skin from getting too dry during the winter months. I like that this lotion moisturizes your skin without making it oily. You use this lotion on your hands and nails, and it does really keep your nails thicker and stronger. When I use this on my nails, I don't have to worry about my nails breaking.

This lotion is a perfect size to keep in your purse so you can use it throughout the entire day whenever you feel like your hands need moisturizing. I typically put this on every time after I wash my hands to keep my skin soft and not let my hands get too dry. The price of this is also very affordable, so you can buy multiple lotions to keep in your purse, car, etc.

Absorption
This absorbs well into your skin, and it doesn't make it oily.

This keeps my skin moisturized and it keeps my nails from chipping.

Effective But Doesn't Do Much For The Nails

Overall this lotions does work but I will warn you that if you have extremely dry or sensitive skin on your hands that this may not be for you. I had very dry skin when using this and it did cause some discomfort. I also did not notice any difference in my nails but possibly with longer use this effect would become apparent.

I quite liked the smell of this, it was not overly fragrant but it also did not have that clinical smell that some lotions have that can put you off using them.

Absorption
For me, this absorbed relatively well and it didn't leave any unwanted residue behind. It absorbed quickly even in the especially dry ares.

It was effective almost immediately, but the effects were not very long lasting. I found that I had to use it more often than other hand lotions that I have used previously. It did leave my hands feeling soft and supple, although I cannot say that I noticed any difference to my nails however.

Go-to Hand Lotion

Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hand and Nail Revitalizing Hand Lotion in our go-to product for hands. The tube is conveniently sized to take with you on travel or just when going out and about. Toss it in your bag and apply liberally, as needed throughout your day. I find it works best when applied immediately after washing hands. It creates a nice moisture level without being greasy or slimy. After application you can feel a nice barrier layer protecting hands and keeping them well moisturized. It has a very pleasant fragrance - not too strong. It is an effective lotion that when used daily provides effective hand care. For intensive hand therapy, you can apply this lotion and then put on gloves designed for use with such products. Wear while relaxing or overnight for deep moisturizing effects. I have sensitive skin and have never had a problem with this product causing irritation.