Other Facial Moisturizers:

Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream

Pros

Cons

Vanicream Is Certainly the Cream for Eczema

My sister's girls both have eczema, and although this is not a condition as severe as many other conditions, it is much more than a simple rash or sunburn. It is a chronic condition that, in extreme cases, can seriously compromise a person's quality of life. My sister has tries to mitigate their eczema with diet, but the best treatment is a good cream. She has tried other creams, and they are generally pretty good--and all of them are much better than doing nothing--but the girls seems to get the best results and the surest relief of their symptons with Vanicream. This is not by any means an inexpensive product, but it is very much worth its price for the results it has given these girls. I do wish that "vani," as in "vanity," were not part of the name, though.

Made me Itch!

I have rosacea and have been looking for a moisturizer that I could use that would not break me out or cause itching.  I frequently get dry patches on my chin area and sometimes on my cheeks.  The dermatologist recommended this product to me and even provided me with 2 sample tubes to try.

I used it for about 2 weeks before I realized that it was causing me to itch after usage.  About 10 minutes after applying the cream, I would experience an intense itching sensation anywhere the cream was applied.  It also caused my rosacea to flare a bright red.

I stopped the cream and contacted the dermatologist's office.  They told me to give it a few days for my face to settle down and then to try it again.  They told me that "there is nothing in the cream that should bother my face and make me itch."  I waited a couple of days and tried it again.  However, I had the same reaction.

Vanicream is supposed to be a hypoallergenic fragrance free cream that people with sensitive skin can safely use.  It is not safe for everyone because it definitely did not work for me.  I do not plan on ever putting on my face again.

Great moisturizer for dry skin

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I used benzoyl peroxide every single day so having a moisturizing cream is a must. I keep Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream at all times so when my face gets really dry I can alleviate flaking. This cream's texture is thick, heavy, and feels greasy on my face, but it doesn't affect my skin. This cream has prevented flaking and greatly improved dry patches in as little as 3 days from my first application. When I initially apply this cream to my face it is extremely shiny, but after about 15-20 minutes it absorbs in to my skin and leaves me looking fresh faced. When I first applied this cream I spent too much time trying to work it into my skin and it led to a minor breakout. Once I figured out that I must allow the cream to absorb naturally into my skin I never had another breakout. What I like most about this cream is that a dime size amount can moisturize my entire face. I have also had luck using this cream to moisturize my hands, feet, and legs. This cream keeps my legs and feet hydrated during the winter with one application. I usually have to apply Vanicream 2-3 times to my hands during the winter, but that's only because I don't wear gloves.

Works wonderfully on Dry SKin

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I have really dry skin due to a thyroid condition especially in the winter. This moisturizing cream is one of the best that I have found to work on my dry skin. I have tried so many creams over the years and this one is one of my favorites. The lotion is thick and creamy and soaks into the skin easily. It is dermatologist recommended and is good for people with dry skin or sensitive skin. I think that it would be good for almost any type skin except perhaps oily skin as the lotion is thick and may be too heavy for oily skin It is extremely effective in relieving the itch associated with dry skin and makes your skin feel smooth and not like sandpaper. It has no scent so is good for people who do not like a scented lotion as sometimes that irritates your skin. I recommend this lotion as it is effective, easy to use and works well. It is one of my favorite lotions on the market . I asked my dermatologist about it and she said it was one that was recommended by doctors in her field. I love it, it takes the dry skin away.

• Ease of Application:

This is very effective and also cheap.

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I really like this lotion because it is very effective but also doesn't cost a lot. Since you get so much for what you pay, I tend to overuse this product. I even use it on my body not just on my face. I feel like this an effective body lotion as well a facial moisturizer. It really keeps the skin moist throughout the day. If you apply it in the morning, you don't need to use other lotion during the day. If you apply it in the night before going to bed, your skin will feel really smooth when you wake up in the morning.

This is very effective in that you get all the moisture and it stays during the day. I didn't experience my side effects even though I tend to overuse this product. I recommend this to all skin types.

Ease of Application
This is easy to apply. It is not too thick so it will absorb easily once you spread it on the surface.

The scent is very neutral and not very strong. This smells a bit medicinal rather than like a makeup.

Really good!

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I was really excited to try Vanicream. It was highly recommended and the price was a lot better than a lot of other moisturizers I have tried for my sensitive, excema prone skin. I have tried Vanicream on my face, hands and body. As a facial moisturizer I would rate it as okay. It feels pretty heavy when I first put it on and I find that by mid day I need to reapply it, especially on my forehead. It doesn't irritate my skin ever though so I do give it points for that. As a hand cream I get mixed results from it. It takes a while to soak in and feels a bit heavy and sticky so that is a negative, especially during the day. But it does leave my hands soft and it very rarely irritates my excema, which is worst on my hands so I give it points for that. I like Vanicream best as a body lotion. I apply it after my shower and it absorbs fairly quickly and leaves my skin feeling moisturized all day.

Best Lotion for Sensitive Skin

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I have severe eczema and have always had it. This moisturizing cream is the best on the market. I have tried many different brands and have found this one to be the best. The lotion goes on smoothly and is thick so that it truly gets into your skin to moisturize thoroughly. The ease of application is simple and the effectiveness is highly recommended. There is no scent, as this is a dermatologist recommended product and therefore is scentless, which is a good thing for people who have allergies and or special sensitivities. It is very good for dry skin, oily skin, sunburn skin, and any other types of skin. This moisturizer is truly the most effective one of the market, especially for allergies. The moisturizer is about the same price as others that are equivalent to it, such as Aveeno, however I truly would recommend this brand as it is thicker and stays on your skin longer.

I love this lotion.

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I work in a hospital so I am washing my hands all the time and using hand sanitizer constantly. My hands end up dry and often cracked by the end of my shifts. Vanicream is the only lotion I use. It is the best thing for my cracked, dried out hands. And any other part of my body with dry skin. It does not have any scent in it and no colors. It does not burn when you put it on your super dry skin, which is the case with many other lotions. I also have sensitive skin and have to be careful what products I use. This lotion does not irritate my skin at all. I feel good about using Vanicream on my skin and having my children use it on their skin because it is so gentle but works so good. Before we started using Vanicream in our house, it was very difficult to get my children to lotion on their dry skin on their hands because the other lotions would burn so bad. The Vanicream they will put on no problem because it is so gentle and does not burn their skin.

This product is very effective. It is very good at hydrating your skin.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply. It is a thicker lotion, so it doesn't leave you with that watery, slimy feeling some other lotions do. A little bit of the lotion goes a long way.

This lotion has no scent. I prefer my lotions not to have and scent or color because I have sensitive skin and dyes and scents are irritating.

• Ease of Application:

No perfume or dyes, I am okay with that!

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

I have had psoriasis for over ten years now. It is at the point that a lot of medications no longer works so I used uvb light treatments as a last resort. Before stepping into the uvb bed I use the vanicream because it is thick and helps the light take better. amazing product for dry skin. Even when I am not doing my light treatments I still use this product.

Great for the winter when the wind and cold can take a real toll on your skin especially on your face This cream has not perfumes so you can feel good about using it on your face as well as using it on your children.

Ease of Application
Fairly easy to apply. The cream is a little thick so it does not go on very smooth but what it does for your skin is more than worth it. I apply it and then wait a few minutes for it to soak in before putting any clothing on so the clothing does not stick to the lotion.

There is no perfume in this cream. N scent which is a great thing because you can use it and then use a perfume or body spray with it and you do not have to worry about the smell of the cream covering up the smell of your perfume.

A Miracle!!!

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

My son has extreme eczema. This lotion has his breakouts cleared up almost over night. It is well worth the price. And believe me we had tried everything under the sun including all perscriptions before this.

Its a miracle.

Its basic lotion

It had no scent at all and is hypoallergenic

• Ease of Application:

The only thing that worked for my child's eczema!

from Princeton, TX

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

This cream is a lifesaver! We tried many other products to help my child's eczema, but this was the only one that worked. It keeps his skin smooth. It is also not greasy and doesn't rub off on his clothes like vaseline or aquaphor do. The only drawback to this cream is that it is expensive, but it is worth the extra money.

Protect your skin with Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Care Cream:

When I went to my dermatologist for a skin cancer check, I was given a bunch of free skin product samples. Once of these was Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream. The tube I received was 0.25 ounce (7 g), which was enough for me to use several times.

I get hard skin on my elbows, rough skin around my knees, and my feet always need a good moisturizer. These were the areas I wanted to try.

Vanicream is a white cream with almost no fragrance. It rubs in straight away, and doesn't leave a shine. However, it does hydrate the skin.

I used it a couple of days on these areas, and then saw on the directions that you can use it as a face cream too. When I was at Treasure Island beach, I used it on my face, after a day walking the beach. It felt cool on my face, and left it feeling good.

I really like Vanicream, and am pleased that I received a sample. I will be looking into buying a full size product.

Rubbed in well, and hydrated skin.

Really easy to apply.