4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Appliation:

Valspar Signature paint is very smooth and has great coverage.

I have been restoring old homes all of my life.  I must have painted more than 100 rooms over the years and have used many different brands of paint.  My current project is a brick and stone church circa 1879 that had been an exclusive french restaurant before I bought it.  It had sat empty and unheated for 4 years prior to my moving in and making it my home.  Most of the rooms were painted a dark brown, apparently a dark atmosphere encourages one's appetite.  So I had to lighten it up and had a lot of repainting to do.  I needed a paint that would cover the dark colors without having to put on three coats.

My local home improvement store recommended Valspar Signature, the top of the line of Valspar paints.  It was more expensive but boasted the thickest one coat coverage.  I choose eggshell for the walls and semi-gloss for the trim.  It was the best paint I have ever used.  It went on so smoothly and had the consistency of melted chocolate.  It was such a pleasure to use, it didn't feel like work!

Don't buy this paint!

I had to paint my entire place. It had brand new plaster on the wall. If you are going to buy this paint do not use it in the bathroom. I repeat, don't use it in the bathroom. If you use it in the bathroom you will have to repaint the bathroom every time you use the shower. I have a window in the bathroom and a vent which get opened and turned on with ever shower however that doesn't stop the paint from bleeding down the walls. It looks awful and it can't be wiped clean. It is stained. I have used Behr paint for a very similar bathroom in the same house and I didn't have those problems at all. I showed a friend of mine and she had the same problem with Valspar paint. I wrote to Valspar for some kind of suggestion and I got no response.

Disappointed in results

from USA Chelsea, AL

About Me Professional

Pros

• Great Color
  • Low Odor

Cons

• Does Not Cover Uniformaly
  • Sags Excessively
  • Uneven Coat

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Bought Valspar because I know the brand. Got the Signature with primer to do a one coat over existing beige color. It required two coat and in some areas three. High propensity to sag when being applied with brush or roller (proper bristle and nap on both per recommendation) or undercoat would show through. Finished job with competing brand, one coat, no sags, no problems.

Nice Creamy Paint!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

This is a wonderful paint product! Nice and creamy, not thin and watery. Walls are usually coated evenly in one coat. Nice rich colors to chose from. Goes on smooth. I especially loved when I did the trim work and the edges that it only took one coat. Easy clean up with soap and warm water.

Quality
    This is a excellent quality of paint. Nice and creamy, not thinned out and watery. Covers imperfections well.

I have painted 4 different rooms with this paint, and I am very pleased with the outcome. Fingerprints and all that mysterious dirt that goes on your walls washes off so very easily with soap and water, without messing up the color. And that is very important to me. I didn't want to have to repeat the process of painting again because the color faded and didn't look as good as before. The color doesn't fade out after time . I live in the desert and the sun drenches the walls in the afternoons. It has been a years now since I painted the walls and they are as fresh and color has not faded at all. I love this paint.

Coverage
    This is a creamier paint. Unless your covering a darker color with lighter color, you only need one coat. So much better than those other paints that you have to cover the area with two coats because the paint is more like a watery stain. I painted almost the whole living room with 1 and half gallons. I didn't have to do two coats which saved a lot of time and money.

Ease of Appliation
    Goes on perfectly with a brush or roller. So smoothly and with ease with a roller. I love how it covers. Doesn't splatter all over from being too thinned out. Washes out easily with soap and water.

• Ease of Appliation:

Valspar interior paint for a bathroom

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Great paint; fantastic color; great coverage. I felt very comfortable using this paint; it mixes well and the color choice/mix was perfect; Very true to the sample. The bathroom just pops. It is a small bathroom but now with a lot of va-va-voom because of the color I chose! Accessories just make it look that much better and with two contrasting colors (paint on the walls and accessories) it is just very updated looking!

Quality
    The quality of this paint is top-notch. It is thick enough to cover in one coat. I am very happy with the quality of this paint.

The paint seems very durable. It doesn't chip unless you directly bang into it. Any paint would do that, but it seems to hold up to small bangs without chipping or flaking.

Coverage
    Very good coverage; one coat does the trick. It was easy to wipe the edges or corners if I made a mistake (near the ceiling lines, etc.). I immediately removed the excess with a damp rag and then just did touch up when all of that dried. Very easy to work with.

Ease of Appliation
    This paint is easy to apply. It is somewhat thick even after stirring to get is mixed well. But it goes on easily and stays in place. This paint does not drip or run easily. You can apply it with ease no matter what brush or roller you are using.

Valspar Signature Colors paint

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

With so many paints out there it is hard to choose one when you have a room to paint. I really like Valspar Signature colors, I find myself buying it more often since it always gives my rooms such a great look. You can get it in any color imaginable and they have several finishes to give your room any look you are going for. I find that two coats of this paint does the trick. It goes on very smooth and provides a nice deep color, covers up any stains too. It is not as smelly as some paints and dries pretty quickly too in between coats.

Quality
    Very high quality paint. Goes on nice and smooth and thick enough that two coats is enough. Looks very nice on my walls.

Holds up very well. I have two kids and they get marks on the walls all the time, cleans up nicely.

Coverage
    Covers very well. I use two coats and my walls look awesome.

Ease of Appliation
    Goes on very smoothly and evenly. I have less paint drips and small chunks on the walls when I use this paint.

Great paint for money

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I was not sure how much I would like Valspar paint but I have it a try anyways. I had purchased a semi gloss and satin finish. I am very happy with how they turned out. I had purchased the paint and primer in one. I was painting a room from a medium green to a lighter blue. I was really concerned that it wouldn't cover. After one heavy coat it did cover it almost opaque. I did feel like I used ALOT of paint. It was very easy to apply and had a nice thickness to it. Sometimes paints feel watered down but this one didn't. The colors were also very true to color. I am very happy with how my room turned out and how the paint and primer worked. I would most likely use this brand again. It was a great value for compared to other brands out there. I thought there was a really big selection of colors available. I had a fabric I was trying to match to and was able to match it exactly. I would recommend this product to others for sure.

• Ease of Appliation:

This paint was very thin and runny

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I bought this paint to paint my daughters room. I liked the colors that they offered, so I bought two gallons of paint. I was using it to paint stripes in my daughters room and bought a light and dark shade of pink.
    I taped up the walls to start the painting and found that this paint seemed very thin. I used it to paint the stripes and let it dry. It was runny and was hard to use.
    I took the tape off after it had dried and it was a mess. The paint had ran in between the tape and caused the project to look horrible.
    This paint was way to thin in my opinion and even painting a wall the same color would cause this pain to run and leave drip marks. I painted over the stripes and had drip marks on my baseboards that I could not see.

This paint was durable in terms of washing and wiping down walls after they have been painted.

Ease of Appliation
    This paint was very difficult to apply since it was so thin. It was very hard to control drip marks.

Good coverage

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I'm not huge fan of painting, mostly since the paint gets everywhere. Valspar isn't too thin and not too thick. Coverage is great. I put two coats in my living room, took 1 1/2 gallons (thought it would take the full two). I had dark brown swatches on the wall for testing and ended up painting my room a light green. The green covered right over the dark brown and evens out with the rest of the wall, I was impressed. Clean up is easy with this paint. Hardly any smell, I painted late afternoon and put a fan up in the window, by evening the smell was gone. Fast drying time, was able to do two laps (coats) around the living room in a couple hours.

Make sure to let it cure well before you tape off for any trimming. I didn't let one spot cure long enough and when I pulled the blue tape off, I ended up having to touch up a couple small spots.

LOVE IT!!!!

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I bought the Valspar paint with primer. This is the first time that I have bought paint and primer together. I was covering a bright rose color with a sage color. I was expecting to have to use use 2 coats even though I know this had a built in primer. I was pleasantly surprised when I put the first couple or roller strokes on the rose color. I was completely covered by the first roller stroke. So, not only did it take a lot less paint, but, it took a lot less time to apply since it was covered by the first stroke and didn't have to go over it with a second roller stroke. There was very little splatter of the paint from the roller and easy to clean off when I accidentally got it on something that didn't need to be painted.. Also, the cleanup of my equipment was easy. Just soap and water. It dried evenly and left no streaks. I will stick with this paint for all of my other projects. Excellent product!!!

• Ease of Appliation:

Superior coverage to most paints I've used

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I absolutely love Valspar. It truly covers better than most I have used (which is many!). It really leaves a beautiful finish. I like the "satin finish" the most. It has just a small amount of shine; just enough to make it not look matte. Also, much easier to wipe off kid's messes! Let me mention, however, Valspar claims that it will cover in one coat. If you have painted any room, ever, you know this is simply not a possibility. I believe that we used Valspar on every wall in this house. It's such a durable, richly colored paint. I would (and do!) recommend it to anyone.

Quality
    The only brand it is very comparable to is Behr, which I personally like about equally. Behr is a little thicker.

I give Valspar's durability an extra 'hooray' because of a recent experience I had pulling out a 3-4 year old can and having it still work the same as when it was new! I'm not sure what the shelf life is supposed to be, but I was amazed with this.

Coverage
    As mentioned, it claims to cover in one coat but definitely needs two. It is still very worth the cost. You get a LOT out of a gallon.

Ease of Appliation
    Very easy to apply! It goes on very smoothly and doesn't seem to have much of an issue being drippy.

• Ease of Appliation:

Seems to have been watered down

Comments about Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Valspar's best was my favorite paint for many years but the last few times I have bought it both interior and exterior I have been very disappointed. It is now much thinner runs and sags like an oil based paint .

Quality
    No longer a premium paint, more like a far cheaper brand.

Once on and enough coats are applied durability seems ok .

Coverage
    The paint is thin and has poor coverage you will need 2 coats .

Ease of Appliation
    The paint will run and sag very easily making application with a brush particularly difficult.
    Watch for runs and sags for at least half an hour after you put it on just like an oil based paint. It's just to thin and runny . Plan on 2 thin coats instead of the 1 heaver coat typical of premium latex paints.