3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

another great paint by Valspar

I get really tired of looking at the same color paint in my house after a couple of years so I decided it was time to repaint my bedroom.I decided to go with Valspar paint because I have used the brand in the past and I really like because gives good coverage and coats well especially with two coats of paint. I use the eggshell on the walls and I did all my trim with the semi-gloss by Valspar in white. The paint went on smooth and evenly and did not drop and run. it had a medium thick consistency and dries relatively quickly in about an hour. 1 gallon was enough for my trim because it covered about 350 square feet and I had plenty. Valspar is a durable paint and it is easy to wipe down from scuffs and stains that might get on your walls or trim or dirty fingerprints. Valspar offers a huge array of colors which makes it difficult to pick because I like so many of them . You would be sure to find one you like. THe best part about Valspar is that it is free of vocs and it has no odor from strong smelling paint fumes. It is environmentally friendly. Another great factor is that it is Paint & primer in the can so no need to Prime first. On my trim I use the Valspar perfect white semi-gloss paint which actually was the perfect white for your trim. I totally recommend Valspar paint for your home projects as it Glides on smoothly has no odor and gives great coverage. Try it the next time you paint, you will not be sorry.

Never use this product

We have tried several types of Valspar paint, from primer to their sand textured finish, to their semi gloss.Consistenly, this paint is horrible.  It does not congeal, it is not consistent, it does not completely dry for weeks to months, and if anything sticks to it -- like painter's tape - it will peel like plastic.  Using this paint has required more time and money than I can describe.  After using the textured paint, we literally had to put new walls up.  In other areas, because of the peeling, we had to sand, spackle and paint again.

another great paint by Valspar

from Wrightstown NJ

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
  • Coats Well
  • Great Color
  • Long Lasting
  • Low Odor

Cons

• Redecorating
    • Remodels
    • Touch-ups

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

I could take it or leave it.

from Florida

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

Valspar is one of the more spendy paint brands, at least in my area. I have bought it a couple of times for accent walls and can say that it did its job and served its purpose for the project at the time but I can't honestly say if I would use it to paint a whole room.

The paint is thicker than some, the color is pretty rich but even so I had some spreading and coverage issues. Almost as if because the paint was thick it was having issues spreading.

I'm not totally throwing the paint under the bus, it did the job like I said but it wouldn't be my first choice next time.

So I give it a seven out of ten for overall just because of the problems that I had with it. Probably would advise people to buy at their own tidY and stick to using it for smaller jobs .

Quality
    I'm giving it a six out of ten because of the quality issues with the thickness putting a damper on the spreading and coverage.

Right out of ten for durability. It's held up pretty good but I don't know how well it would in a bathroom Or somewhere where there is a lot of steam.

• Ease of Appliation:

Valspar Paint covers with just one coat

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

I have liked this paint from about 25 years ago. I once went somewhere else to get some paint as I was at that place and needless to say, their paint took many, many coats to get a even coating and that was using it to go over almost the same coloring. So I took back that paint and went the extra distance to get my ever so faithful Valspar paint. Now this is only interior paint that I am talking about and several finishes. I do tend to use the semi-gloss the most. I also just helped a neighbor paint her kitchen that she almost burnt down. After scrubbing most of the black soot away, we painted using Valspar paint. Didn't have any problems and it only took one coat. This paint states that it contains a primer so need to do that, and it doesn't lie.

Quality
    This paint is a real good quality. It is thick, but I think it is due to the fact that it contains a primer in it so no need to apply a primer before painting.

Very durable. I have used this paint on many different surface types. Never have had any issues with anything leaking thru and thats with using just one coat.

Coverage
    This paint is very thick so it may seem as if you are using alot but it covers everything with just one coating.

Ease of Appliation
    Whether using a brush or roller or even a painting pad, this paint is very easy to apply.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

I just recently painted a friends kitchen with this paint and although I've used it before, flat latex, I got a chance to check out the semi gloss interior. First of all, it's actually a pretty good paint. I was going one shade lighter than the old paint but it covered in one coat with no skips, holidays or anything that would make me have to put a second coat on. One coat means less work which is less time and that makes me happy.

Quality
    It's not the high end as far as paint goes but for a good interior paint, it's actually a good value for the money and I would probably use this paint for my own projects if I were on a budget.

I don't really know firsthand but I was told that it's a fairly durable paint.

Coverage
    I know firsthand that the coverage is very good overall. As I stated earlier, this is not the most expensive or top of the line paint but it's a very good better than average paint.

Ease of Appliation
    The paint goes on the roller and brush very smoothly. It gives a nice edge when you cut into a corner.

Valspar Paint is good

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

We have used Valspar Interior semi-gloss paint and have found it to be a good choice. We recently added two walls to our interior and this is the paint that is on those new walls. I like how it was so easy to match the color to the walls we were joining. It was so nice to see that it is blending well with the other walls and it is hard to tell that it is an addition to our home. This paint was also used to touch up a few other areas that needed to be addressed. After having this paint applied to the flawed areas of our home they look better. We have had complements on the walls and we are happy with how they look covered with Valspar paint. I think that it is affordable paint as well. We will keep the can for awhile in case we need to get more of the same color. I would recommend this paint to others who are in need of good quality interior paint. My friends who would like my opinion on paint will hear about this project and paint.

Tried Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint and Love It

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

We recently bought Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint to paint our bathroom and laundry room. We are very impressed with the results. This paint is very easy to use and went on smoothly. We got great results by only applying one coat of paint. In the past with many brands of paint we would usually have to apply at least a second coat of paint. However, that was not the case with this Valspar Interior Semi- Gloss Paint, one coat of paint was sufficient and looked great! We were also very happy with the color choices. We chose a vibrant color and also a neutral color and they both look great on the walls, exactly what we were looking for. Another great plus about this Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint is that it does not have that terrible paint smell. When my husband was painting the bathroom, I did not smell the paint at all. Finally, the cost of this paint is very reasonable as well. We chose the paint because of the colors and were pleasantly surprised at the cost as well. I have nothing negative to say about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint, it worked great for us. We will definitely buy it again!

Large Selection of Colors

from TN

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

I love valspar brand of semi-gloss paints, they have a large variety of beautiful colors to choose from. I used this brand of paint when I painted my kids room and was very pleased with the beautiful results I got. I used a soft pastel pink color for my girls room and a dark blue for my boys.

Quality
    This brand of paint is one of my favorites, it is thick in consistency which makes it easy to use and doesn't smell half as strong as some other brands of paint I have used in the past. I always get such a flawless, pretty satin-like finish when I use this brand of paints.

I painted my kids room a couple of months ago and the finish on their walls still looks as flawless as the day I painted them.

Coverage
    My kids rooms were completely covered in crayon and marker marks, this brand of paint covered all of those marks up, with just two coats.

Ease of Appliation
    This paint is very easy to apply, it has a thicker consistency than most other brands of paint, which makes it not as messy. I also noticed that this paint tends to dry within about two to three hours, so your not waiting all day long for the walls to dry.

Makes painting a breeze.

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

I have painted with many paint brands over the years, but I have found the best to be Valspar.

Quality
    It is easy to apply, clean up, and mostly only takes one coat of paint to complete any job.

I used this type of paint in my Bistro and it is washable and after one year of wear and tear from customers, staff, and time my walls still look freshly painted. Touch up is easy and quick and matches the walls even after a year of wear and tear.

Coverage
    One coat does a great job, especially if you use a primer. With Valspar using a cheap primer still usually takes only one coat to look great. If you don't use a primer than most painting jobs do take two coats of paint to look perfect, but I would expect that from any paint.

Ease of Appliation
    It is so easy to apply that my eight and twelve year old sons helped me paint the Bistro. I figure if an eight year old child with a roller can apply the paint and make it look great, then it truly must be easy to apply.

Amazing Paint

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

We loved this paint. We got the semi-gloss paint to paint our office, which was pepto bismal pink.. quite horrible. We used a blue valspar semi-gloss and it looks fantastic now. The quality was amazing, we only needed one coat with the paint+primer. Unsure of durability at this point as we have only had it painted for about a month. The coverage was fantastic, only the corners we had to do 2x. The quality looks great, makes the room look clean and brand new. The ease of application is my favorite thing that I can talk about. It went on SO smoothly and made the coverage so much easier. This was my first time painting and for it being my first time and not being a professional, I believe this paint makes everyone look like a professional. I absolutely recommend all of the semi-gloss paints for offices, guest rooms, bedrooms anywhere where you just want that glimpse of life in a room. This paint does it all, from quality to coverage and makes you look like the professional your not.

Great paint...

Comments about Valspar Interior Semi-Gloss Paint:

This paint is awesome. I was constructing a new larger bathroom ie; tearing out walls and remodeling all plumbing.The bathroom had to be primed and repainted after having all drywall finished. The contractor I was working with recommended Valspar paint. I had heard from other contractors that Valspar was a good brand. So off I went to my friendly hardware store and bought 2 gallons. After I arrived with the paint and the job was progressing, I was observing the painter as he worked away with painting my new bathroom and he seemed to be enjoying using the paint and it was applying with a smooth and nice consistency and appeard easy for him to apply. Well that's all good but as moist and steamy as a bathroom gets during a shower my next concern was how will this paint hold up? It's been over a year now and that bathroom really steams up. I haven't noticed any cracking, chipping or problems with the Valspar paint. It is holding up beautifully. In fact, I probably shouldn't do this but I don't turn my fan on till after my shower to save on electricity and by the time I step out of the shower that room is steamy! Even so the paint has not changed color or had any problems so it is a heck of a good paint to hold up under these conditions.

No chipping or cracking.

Steamy room and over a year now and going strong.

Really covered well.

Ease of Appliation
    Although I wasn't doing the actual application it appeared to be going on smoothly.