2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Appliation:

Went on smooth, color turned just as it was suppose to look

It's been almost 16 years since we moved into our home, and that was the last time we painted this bedroom. So it was do for a make-over. Looked around at two hardware stores and a superstore for colors and type of paint. Finally came up with color choices in mind, seafoam green like for an accent wall where the head board goes, and silver for the other three. The colors were just like the sample papers I had picked up, so I was plenty pleased with the choices. Of course I had to run them past our daughter as it is her room, her say in the matter.

Taped everything off, she did most of that. And a good job at that. We primed the ceiling and walls, and then got going with the ***Valspar Interior Satin Paint.*** Did the the whole room, which everyone kicked in to help to make the job go faster. One we are all happy with the results, and the colors are just what our daughter wanted.*** Valspar*** was a very good deal for the price, more so being on sale.

***The end result looks like a new room, all fresh smelling. ***That was another thing the paint smell didn't over power anyone. So her purchase from craiglist, paint job, cleaned carpet=new room. Only thing left finishing touches, curtains, comforter little things to dress it up and give it a T.V. premiere!

Fades, chips, chaulky and not cleanable

I thought this might be a step up over our builder paint (Pittsburgh), but how wrong I was. It's been on the wall for exactly one year, and I need to repaint. As others have said, the Signature line will take two coats. It's not an easy paint to roll (my comparison is Pittsburgh/Monarch) and there will be nail-biting moments while you wait for it to dry. Meanwhile, the rooms I did with Pittsburgh are fine, dried evenly and are not exhibiting any of the problems I've had with the Valspar.

We're very gentle on our home and walls and Valspar paint chips if you even look at the wall. I spent an inordinate amount of time doing touch-ups.

The color has faded somewhat and we have Low-E windows and blinds - so I can't really attribute it to the sun.

Some strange chaulky blotches have appeared in a few spots.

Finally, it doesn't clean very well. Smudges won't come off.

I wish I'd read the reviews before I bought the paint. I hope this saves you some time and money!

Useless; not worth it.

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Valspar paint is on par with Behr as being cheap and being just as good, which both simply aren't. Do not waste either your time or your money with any Valspar product. It seems like a great deal because it is cheap, and it is cheap! But that's the kind of quality you'll get. After a couple of years the paint will look dull if not peel and you'll have to replace it. Trust me, I work in maintenance so I use paint all the time. You're much better off spending the extra money and using Benjamin Moore paint. Is it pricey? Yes. But it's worth it.

Quality
Valspar paint is of terrible quality, don't waste your time. Do not fall into the trap of it being reasonably priced because it isn't even worth that. I wouldn't use it if they gave it to me for free.

It simply does not last and you'll be forced to repaint within a few short years.

Coverage
Valspar's coverage is terrible and won't take care of marks on the wall like Benjamin Moore will.

Ease of Appliation
The paint goes on fine. That's not the issue here.

• Ease of Appliation:

Made it work, but will try something else next time.

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

We used the Ultra Premium Satin Finish with Base A. While it went on smooth and easy it did not cover well even with 2 coats and we ended up using a primer and then re-painting the walls. The paint shows marks easy when something gets rubbed up against it and does not wash off. The Satin finish also shows all imperfections in the wall.

Quality
The walls we painted were pretty dirty and stained. However they were a beige color and we thoroughly washed the walls with cleaner before painting and the light grey Valspar did not cover well even with 2 coats.

The paint has only been on our walls for a week. Noticed that when we moved our sofa it had rubbed against the wall and made a dark mark that would not wash off. Bumped the wall with the curtain rod when we were putting the drapes back up - again a dark mark that would not wash off.

Coverage
The coverage was really disappointing - we went back to get more because we could not cover with one coat. Then we ended up having to put on a primer and another coat of paint.

Ease of Appliation
The paint flowed on smooth and easy. We didn't have any trouble getting it on the walls and spreading it evenly.

My favorite paint brand

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I've always used Valspar paint and it is my favorite paint brand. This paint is cheaper than a lot of the other paint brands available and I've never noticed any quality differences so I choose the lower price. I've purchased several different colors and all of them have been good quality. Light colors only take one coat and darker colors are usually fine as long as you really apply pressure with a paint roller. Sometimes I miss some spots when my roller needs more paint and I have to do a second coat but usually I just stick with one coat even on dark colors like navy.

Quality
Great quality for a decent price.

This paint is great because it doesn't chip off easily or get messed up so it is made to last.

Coverage
Valspar paint provides great coverage, usually I just use one coat although darker colors occasionally need a little extra.

Ease of Appliation
Valspar is easy to apply and if you get it on something like the floor you can easily get it off before it dries.

• Ease of Appliation:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

The streaking and poor coverage is so bad that after doing half of my house interior, I have decided to start over with another brand of paint. I have complained to Valspar and they gave me a full refund, but that still does not make up for all the wasted time and effort I have put in. I have repainted some walls three times and the streaking is horid. I am using Purdy brushes and rollers, so that is not the problem.

• Ease of Appliation:

Worst paint I've ever used! Don't waste your money!

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

This is by far the worst paint I've ever used. It's thin and drips/sags. It's the consistency of a thin malt! I'm painting a room that was painted antique white. There's a chair rail and I'm using one color above and one below. The color above covered in 2 coats and was NOT Valspar. The bottom now has 3 coats and it's not covering at all. It's going to take probably 4 coats and 2 gallons to paint about 100 sq. ft. Don't waste your money! Horrible!

Quality
Drips, sags, won't cover. About the consistency of milk! Horrible!

Coverage
Will take me 2 gallons to cover about 100 sq ft because it won't cover and I'm going to end up with 4 coats which is absolutely insane! I covered the same color paint, same room, with another brand on the top of the wall in 2 coats and in some places only 1. There's no reason this should take 4 because it drips so badly I can only put on thin coats.

Ease of Appliation
Drips, spatters, sags, wont' cover. Dreadful. Horrible! Worst paint I've ever used in 50+ years of painting.

• Ease of Appliation:

Use valspar all the time

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I've Used Valspar for quite a few years now, Recently tried the paint and primer all-in-one And I was very impressed. Painted over yellow with blue covered great.

Coverage
The paint and primer All-in-one covers the best

• Ease of Appliation:

Poor coverage with satin finish-went on streaky and looks flat

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I just spent 2 hours painting the baseboard in my hall and bathroom plus the door trim. The white satin finish looks streaked and flat. once it dried, it felt rough and unfinished. The old paint, which was a satin finish, looked better before I painted with the Valspar! Very frustrating! Now I have to re-do all my work with a different brand.

• Ease of Appliation:

Easy to use paint that covers well and comes in nice, rich color

from Cawker City, KS

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I used the semi-gloss to paint my panel doors in the utility room. The old color was hunter green. I used two coats, but I thought that the first coat did an excellent job of covering the old color without a lot of it showing through. The door look rich and new after the second coat.

Valspar Signature Interior Satin Prime Plus Paint is a poor

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I have been painting for the past 45 years and can honestly state that the Valspar Signature Interior paint (Paint plus Primer) is the worst product I have ever used. The specific base is 391684 Base B. Lowes mixed the paint to my desired custom color. The coverage was very inconsistent resulting in smearing and gloss inconsistency. The finish after two coats was blotchy and the gloss appears in a range from egg shell to semi-gloss.

Quality
My assessment of quality is a measure of useability and visual results. Both of these factors is a FAILED. I believe the inclusion of primer into this type of product was a misguided product strategy; ie;attempting to do too much with one product.

Cannot assess durability since this is new application. My sense is the thickness could result in peeling over time. This is the very first time that I will have to totally repaint a room because of a poor product. You can be sure it will not be with a Valspar product.

Coverage
It is difficult to assess coverage since the extreme thickness at times resulted in "caking", especially at the edges of the roller pad. One thing for sure I did not get any spattering on my hand when using the roller because it was like rolling cake batter.

Ease of Appliation
This paint is very thick and as such makes it more difficult to achieve a consistent finish across a wall surface.

• Ease of Appliation:

Complete and total crap, to put it nicely.

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Paint required 3-4 layers of paint - even WITH a base primer. Very thin and watery, takes hours upon hours to dry, and form drips after being put on the wall. By far the worst paint I have ever used.

Quality
Worst paint I've ever used.

Coverage
Definitely does NOT cover in one layer, as advertised on the can.

Ease of Appliation
Forms drips and requires many layers.