2.7
Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes

Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes

2.7

• Ease of Appliation:

Went on smooth, color turned just as it was suppose to look

It's been almost 16 years since we moved into our home, and that was the last time we painted this bedroom. So it was do for a make-over. Looked around at two hardware stores and a superstore for colors and type of paint. Finally came up with color choices in mind, seafoam green like for an accent wall where the head board goes, and silver for the other three. The colors were just like the sample papers I had picked up, so I was plenty pleased with the choices. Of course I had to run them past our daughter as it is her room, her say in the matter.

Taped everything off, she did most of that. And a good job at that. We primed the ceiling and walls, and then got going with the ***Valspar Interior Satin Paint.*** Did the the whole room, which everyone kicked in to help to make the job go faster. One we are all happy with the results, and the colors are just what our daughter wanted.*** Valspar*** was a very good deal for the price, more so being on sale.

***The end result looks like a new room, all fresh smelling. ***That was another thing the paint smell didn't over power anyone. So her purchase from craiglist, paint job, cleaned carpet=new room. Only thing left finishing touches, curtains, comforter little things to dress it up and give it a T.V. premiere!

Fades, chips, chaulky and not cleanable

I thought this might be a step up over our builder paint (Pittsburgh), but how wrong I was. It's been on the wall for exactly one year, and I need to repaint. As others have said, the Signature line will take two coats. It's not an easy paint to roll (my comparison is Pittsburgh/Monarch) and there will be nail-biting moments while you wait for it to dry. Meanwhile, the rooms I did with Pittsburgh are fine, dried evenly and are not exhibiting any of the problems I've had with the Valspar.

We're very gentle on our home and walls and Valspar paint chips if you even look at the wall. I spent an inordinate amount of time doing touch-ups.

The color has faded somewhat and we have Low-E windows and blinds - so I can't really attribute it to the sun.

Some strange chaulky blotches have appeared in a few spots.

Finally, it doesn't clean very well. Smudges won't come off.

I wish I'd read the reviews before I bought the paint. I hope this saves you some time and money!

Worst Paint Ever

from Massachusetts

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

Cons

• Offers Little Protection

• Interior Painting
    • Redecorating

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Will never buy it again. It took 3 coats to cover; is chipping after one week; color came off after I dusted with a wet rag. (surfaces were properly prepared for painting)

Not good !

from Palmdale, Ca

About Me Professional

Pros

• Great Color
    • Low Odor

Cons

• Offers Little Protection
    • Uneven Coat

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I would never use this paint again and wish I had a do-over. I have had my home painted on numerous occasions by professional painters and never have had the problems with paint I have had with Valspar. If only I would have read the ratings before ! I looked because I was wondering if I was the only unhappy customer... it takes forever to cover.. colors keep bleeding through after three coats and it is on the 3rd day drying.

I would buy this product again, love the colour

from north east

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well
      • Great Color
      • Low Odor

• Interior Painting
        • Redecorating

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Paint did what it said covered in on coat. looks lovely, on well pleased

Terrible paint

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Picked a really dark valspar emulsion.
        Lady at B and Q said I would need to give it several coats ! ( like 2 I said?... She never replied!)
        5 coats later and the wall was done. This paint is not a patch on Dulux, its runny, doesn't spread well, and the Matt dried with a slight sheen which looks awful in direct sunlight.

• Ease of Appliation:

B and Q should pay you to use it!!!

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

2.5 L of paint to cover a chimney breast of almost the same colour..I followed the manufacturers instructions too! Streaky thin paint (and this was the premium one) 6 coats later and it still hasn't covered..brush and roller marks galore. The colour was no where near the swatch colour either! I will now revert to Dulux orr Crown to cover the absolute mess! Oh and its so thin it bleeds and if you use masking tape when you remove the tape the paint comes off with it! Never again!!Avoid!

• Ease of Appliation:

This stuff is brilliant . Love it :!!!!

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

Thankfully, I got talked into this stuff before reading the reviews. I remember Valspar from years ago and it was crap. This stuff is a totally different animal. Firstly, I took some old paint to colour match...guess what, it did....exactly....yaaay. Then the application. I bought the ultra premium as I had part of the room replastered and was advised the paint contained a primer and would only need two coats. Guess what it did. I could have got away with one . Brilliant. No complaints, great finish . Happy as a pig in S*** with this stuff. The only warning I could give is that, as stated previously, it's a different animal. I read tghe instructions and FOLLOWED them. I didn't overbrush/over roll. Nice and steady. Worked well. BTW the paint I had used previously was Johnstones, which I have used for many years, Valspar wiped the floor with it

It all went wrong fast

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

When we first got our house, we knew it would have to be painted. All the rooms were very unflattering colors, even the basement. I went shopping for paint and seen dozens and honestly I don't know much about paints. This seemed like a very good price for what I've paid in the past. So I got two gallons and used that brand for the basement. Keep in mind, the basement I was painting was yellow and stained. I started painting and it seemed to go on pretty easily and I painted the whole basement. I came back down a few minutes later and noticed immediately I could see the yellow showing through and the stains also. I was extremely tired and aggravated. I decided I wasn't going to waste my time again or my money and returned the other can of paint and purchased something that actually works. No one should claim its a one coat finish if it's not and it wasn't like I was even painting over a dark room. Never would buy again and I would not recommend.

Never again.

from Kansas

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I do not have much nice to say about Valspar brand of paint. I wanted to change the color of my spare bedroom so I went to an ACE Hardware to search for paint. I found a really pretty pale shade of green that I decided on and it happened to be Valspar brand. I was painting over a very pale tan color. I know how to paint a wall, but if you would have seen how horrible the first coat looked you would have thought I did it with my eyes closed and drunk. It was extremely streaky and uneven. I then went over it with the second coat and then tan from before was finally completely covered but the paint just still looked streaky. FINALLY, I went over it with the third coat and got it looking pretty good. I used the whole gallon in a very small room. Another problem with this paint and that is the scuffing that occurs. If you barely bump the wall with something, it leaves a mark! For example if you bump it with a shoe, there will be a scuff-mark. I definitely would not want this in a child's room because the walls would be a mess. Oh, and this paint is EXPENSIVE.

Coverage
        It took THREE coats to finally cover the walls.

• Ease of Appliation:

Dark Red Required Six Coats!!

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I found a really great, deep full shade of red from Valspar that I thought would be a great shade for my bedroom. The room itself after doing the math online pretty much realized I should only need a gallon to get the job done with two full coats. Imagine my total shock when I needed three full gallons and six coats on the walls. I find it extremely disappointing to need six coats of a paint that claimed to be a “paint and primer in one.”

After the first coat, my very deep red was a patchy uneven pink. Sadly I knew that this wasn’t going to be the stand two coats I was really hoping for. After the second coat it was still just as patchy, only now more of a medium, slightly darker pink. Ugh. Four coats in and it still wasn’t the good, solid, dark shade that I had picked out. It was very, very frustrating. By the time I got to gallon number three and coat number six, I was simply exhausted by the entire experience. I can only hope this isn’t the case with all of their colors.

Valspar Paint is Really Good

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Valspar Interior Paint - All Finishes:

I am currently painting the inside of my house and had to switch from using another paint that didn't cover at all to this paint . . . . Valspar. I am not having any issues with it and am using a couple different finishes. The coverage is great. I'm covering an off white or egg shell color with white and only having to do one coat as the paint does state that it contains primer and paint all in one. I like this paint. I should have started with it and then I wouldn't have had all the problems that I have had. It's worth the price.

Quality
        Wonderful quality in this paint. I'm sold and have now purchased many, many gallons as I'm painting almost every room in my house.

No issues yet with durability with this paint.

Coverage
        Outstanding coverage. Looks great after just one coat even as it is drying it looks like it is covering well, but once fully dried, it looks so good and fresh.

Ease of Appliation
        No problems to apply this paint. Goes on smoothly and easily whether you apply it using a roller or a brush.