3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Fun Toy

My son got this for his first birthday. So he doesn't really understand all the things that are going on with it yet, but he plays with it quite a bit. He at first played with just the balls banging them together. But as I played with it with him I discovered a lot about this toy. When you put the balls into the top of the helicopter it counts them-1, 2, 3. I thought this was a neat feature. However it also knows what color the balls are. When you drop in the yellow ball, it says yellow. Even though he is not yet ready for these features I think they are really cool. It has a lot of things to do, buttons to push, and songs to sing. There is no volume control and I have kicked it in the dark before and it goes off, even after it went into "sleep mode". It lights up and there are lots of bright colors to capture his attention. I like that it is a pull toy. Even though he can walk yet, he sits on the floor and pulls it around. With the pull part, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on the child that has this as it could become a choking hazard. However overall I think this is a fun toy.

My son loves it, I don't.

My son received the VTech Explore and Learn Helicopter for his first birthday. At the time, It was a really fun toy for him. It took him a while to get use to the idea of putting balls into the hole. My son is now over 2 and still loves to play with it. When he was little he loved to pull it around by the string. This toy definitely drove me crazy because my son would love to make the helicopter noises go off, and then hit buttons in between making the voice sound like she was rapping. I also hate that I have to keep up with the balls. I just like toys that come with big parts, or not a lot of parts there. The good thing about the balls though is they can go with just about any other toy.

The propeller spins, and the wheels roll to make it more "real".There is a door that opens to release the balls once they are popped in the hole. I will give it this, it has helped teach my son colors, abcs, and numbers. Anything that teaches my son something is good in my book.

Fun but Dangerous

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

First off, get rid of the balls. They'll be lost within the first five minutes (under the couch, the bed, dresser, etc.), and you won't see them again until one hits you upside the head. Trust me, they're heavy and they hurt when thrown by a two-year-old.

Once the balls are gone, you should be okay. The helicopter lights up and makes a lot of fun sounds that little kids like. My daughter slept with it in her bed for nearly a year. She'd play with it before going to sleep and when she woke up. If it weren't for the balls, this toy would have 5 stars.

My child enjoys it.

from Princeton, TX

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

My child really likes this helicopter. He enjoys pulling it around the house. I like that it tells you which color of ball you've pushed through the top. The only thing I don't like about it is that the string makes me a little nervous that it could be dangerous. I just don't let my child play with the toy unattended.

Not what I expected from Vtech

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

I have purchased quite a few Vtech products over the years. This one by far has been my least favorite. My biggest complaint is with the colored balls that are supposed to do colors and numbers when you place them in the helicopter. The color is not always right and the number sometimes repeat themselves. Not something that I feel is consistent with the Vtech brand.

My son loves it, I don't.

from Russellville, KY

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

Awesome but not so awesome

from Whittier, CA

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

My son received this helicopter for his first birthday and I thought it would be a good way to start to teach him a couple of things. Boy was I wrong. The helicopter was cute but when you give it to a one year old, the balls are going to get lost. It would have been more helpful if it wasn't so easy to lose the balls. I personally think that my son grew out of it way too quickly because before I knew it we were handing it down to someone else with half of the balls missing. The thing that I did like about the helicopter is that you could still use it even after half of the balls were lost because it did do more things then just count the balls and tell you what tcolor they were. I love the way it helped my son learn his numbers and his ABCs. This helicopter is very durable because my son used to drag it all over the place and throw it, if this helicopter can live through my hyper child then it can live through just about anything.

VTech Helicopter was a bad choice

from Fall River, MA

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

I had bought this VTech Helicopter toy for my youngest son for Easter last year. When i saw it in the store and read the back of the box it looked like it would be a really neat and fun toy. I have always been a fan of the Vtech toys.  Not so much for this toy.  With in just a matter of week my son lost the balls that came with the toy.  I have carpet so when he would go and use it as a pull toy it would tend to fall on it's side. Wasnt bad on the hard wood floor.

There is no volume control on the toy. With in just a month of my son having it he grew out of it. It was a disappointment for sure.  I still have it in side his toy box and every once in awhile he will ask for us to turn it on because he is unable to and he will hit the buttons and dance to the music.

I like the fact that since it has fallen more then once it's still together in one piece.. I can say that this toy is a durible toy and has cute music to it. but other then that i feel it was a waste

VTech Helicopter is ok

from Littleton, CO

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

My son has this VTech Helicopter but it really has not been used very much. As a baby, it just didn't hold his interest for more than 20 seconds before he found something else he would rather be exploring and playing with. As a toddler, he played with it a little bit, but again, it did not really hold his attention. His favorite part was the balls, which we could have purchased similar ones without a helicopter much cheaper. I feel like it is just a piece of clutter sitting in the toy box and that we really didn't get our money's worth. Plus, since it is geared towards babies, the kids really do grow out of it quickly and then it just sits there, collecting dust. I will say that the idea behind it sounds good. It plays lots of songs and could be educational if a child really paid attention and played with it often. I guess it just depends on the child if they find this interesting or not.

Helicopter Fun

from Rocklin, CA

VTech Helicopter —
The little boy I watch got this for his first Christmas. He is seven months old and right now it is one of his favorite toys.  It is brightly colored and seems durable.  Vtech makes a quality product.  He doesn't really understand all the things that are able to be done yet with this toy but he plays with it quite a bit. He plays with the balls that came with it, banging them together and crawling after them as they roll away from him. He also likes to spin the rotor on it.  . Even though he is not yet ready for these features I think he will enjoy it for awhile. It has a lot of things to do, buttons to push, and songs to sing. There is no volume control but I really don't find it too offensive. It lights up and there are lots of bright colors to capture his attention. I also like that it is a pull toy. Even though he can't  walk yet, he sits on the floor and pulls it around. Once he does start walking, I'm sure he will pull it around. Overall I think this is a fun toy and it was not very expensive.

fun toy

from Grosse Pointe, MI

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

This is pretty fun toy.  My son received this toy when he turned one.  he played with it a lot when it was new.  Now that he is two he rarely plays with it.  the toy is cute.  It has a ton of different sounds and songs to play.  It comes with three little balls.  the balls are good to help the little ones learn about different colors.  There are number and alphabet songs, but they are too hard to understand.  There is a little bit of education with this toy, but mostly it is for fun.  The price is not that bad and the toy is made by a greta company.  V-tech always makes high quality products.  The balls do get lost easily, but most other balls will work.  I have never had to change the batteries, but it is not played with that much.  I guess that my son just grew out of it too fast.  The toy is made well as it has not broken.  The worst thing is that the toy will just go off if you forget to turn it off.  It is really loud and annoying when that happens.

Our son loves this helicopter!

from North Beach, MD

Comments about VTech Helicopter:

We purchased this for our son when he was about 9 months old.  He was growing tired of his "baby" toys and we thought this would be a fun toy for him to play with.  There are so many activities to keep him occupied.  The balls that come with this are fun to play with or with out the helicopter.  They are also compatible with some of his other toys and are usually all over the house!  Our son enjoys pulling it behind him around the house or pushing the buttons to see the lights or hear the sounds.   We have noticed that the batteries run out very quickly and when they start to wear out the music or sounds will play constantly and not shut off.  With, or without sounds our son seems to enjoy it either way.  This item was priced resonably for what it is and does and we would purchase it again for a baby shower or child's birthday party.  My overall recommendation is to buy this product...and lotsof batteries!