Other Learning Toys:
VTech
VTech V.Smile TV Learning System

VTech V.Smile TV Learning System

Great for younger kids.

The VSmile by VTech is a great way to allow your kids to have video games if you think they are too young for XBox, PlayStation, or Nintendo.  It is educational and easy for young kids to play.  The controller has big buttons, and you can even switch the side the joystick is on.

The system and the games are not too expensive.  It uses batteries and cannot be plugged in so that adds a small amount to the expense, but it makes it easier to move it to different TVs in the house or take it in the car.

Fun but too prone to break

I would like to give this system a good review...really I would.  My boys liked it and it seemed to be good fun and a little educational also.  However, we have had such bad experiences with the machine that I just can't give it high marks.  Our boys received our first one about two years ago for Christmas from a relative and the boys played with it for about 7 months on and off before it developed a "short" in the on/off button and would only turn on sometimes after you jiggled it a little.  Finally it refused to start all together.   After a few months without one, our boys talked us into buying another one.  This one literally lasted about 3 months and then it got some short where it wouldn't recognize the cartidges anymore so it was history too.   We didn't have the receipt so we chalked it up to a lesson learned and gave up on the V-smile.

Despite the fact that I have boys, they were not rough with these machines but they did accidently drop from the side of the coffee table onto the carpet on a couple occasions.   But I believe that is to be expected from these types of toys and they should be able to withstand a little bumping.   My boys now play games on an old PC I refurbished for them and it has survived much better and has a better selection of educational software.

Great Product

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

I actually had no interest in this and inherited it from my sister, I had it for months before I even hooked it up because I disnt want my son to get hooked to this stuff already(and now he is lol) but there are a lot of really good games and it's been helping him tons especially with math. Overall I would recommend this to anyone.

Good first gaming, and learning device.

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

This was my son's first gaming/learnung device. He enjoyed it very much. It teaches numerous games and teach basic learning skills including math, vocabulary, spelling, reading, logic, drawing. it's affordable and it is still in good condition. This was passed down to my other children and they love it also. It is easy to use, smooth control and readable. I don't think they make these anymore and they should. A very well made Vtech product. It easily plugs into most televisions.
It has large, colorful buttons are easy for small hands to push.
It has a capability for more than one player via extra V-Smile joysticks.
The joystick is adjustable for right- and left-handed players.
And it offers many popular video game characters in V Smile Smartridge learning games.

My 3 yr old loves it! It has helped with his motor skills.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

My son absolutly loves this product. I must admit that I was nervous about getting him a game system, but the fact that it is educational sold me on it. My son has had motor delays, and this has realy helped him. I know that any child is going to enjoy this! ( Even his older siblings like to play with him......lol)

SPECTACULAR FOR ALL CHILDREN

from Houston, TX

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

I bought this game system for my kindergardener but found that my 2 year and 7 year old love it as well. It not only comes with a controler with buttons, but with a joystick, a write pad that helps learn the feel of writing letters and numers, but a microphone. We got the one with the game alphabet park nad even on this there is so much for the kids to do with each types of activities and a wide variety of each. I love this system because you can either buy an adaptor to plug into the wall ot uses 4 AA batteries. The batteries do not die quickly.

Overall this is a very educational and fun gaming system.

from Hamilton, IL

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

The Vsmile is a wonderful baming system that helps children learn educational concept.  My four year old thinks it is a special occassion when I allow him to play it.  They only negative thing with this system was the fact that there seems to be a short in ours.  It is very touchy and only comes on some times.  We have had it for about a year so it is to late to return it.  I am currently trying to contact the corporation to find out how to replace it.  But, my son had a wonderful year with this toy.  He knows how to work it and he has learned from it.

A great overall game console for younger kids

from Hastings, NE

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

I have 3 boys....ages 11, 10 and 5.  As my older boys play there playstation my 5yr old has a hard time playing the games even the rated E games.  So we purchased this for him and he loves it.  Even the older boys try to play.  I like it because it works for kids that use right and left hands.  It is easy for them to turn on and off.  Has a storage container for the games and they are easy to put in and take out.  Overall this is a great leaning system along with safe fun.

FABULOUS!!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

I bought this for my son when he was three, and at first he didn't seem quite excited.  His older brother plays games a lot and now that he is four, he loves to act like bubby by playing his vtech.  He knows how to turn it on and off and switch out games.  He loves it because it includes his favorite characters.

Great game system, keeps their attention and they learn too.

from Eaton, OH

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

All in all this is a great product.  It could grow more with the child so they can still learn as they get older.  I would have bought the portable version first had I known you could connect it to the T.V. and play just like the stationary system.  This was still worth the money I put into it even though I had to buy the power cord seperately.  My daughter loves to play the games and watching her favorite cartoons do what she wants them to do.

Good Product for at least 4 years and up!

from Bedford, PA

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

This, overall, is great idea, most of the games are educational too.  My daughter who is 7 years old still plays with her V-Smile.  I have 3 1/2 year old twin boys and one of my boys tries to figure how to play some of the games and I try and help him.  My other son just gets frustrated after a few minutes and finds something else to play with.  I just think it is too advanced for a 3 to 4 year old.

The Kids play it just for fun, and learn without realizing it!

from Cotter, AR

Comments about VTech V.Smile TV Learning System:

We bought the V-Smile learning  system for our 5 and 6 year old for their birthday, after never ending whining about wanting a video system from my kid's. I do not like the thought of them sitting in front of the t.v. all the time and playing video games. Then I read the box on the V-Smile and seen that they would be learning at the same time, so we bought it. We are glad we did! It has helped them on their adding and reading and spelling and all the while they think they are just having fun! Thanks V-Smile!