Other Flat Screen TVs:

VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV

Pros

Cons

Vizio E601i-A3 - a very good Smart TV for a reasonable price

Overall, the Vizio E601i-A3 is a very good TV for the price. This was our first time buying a Vizio brand, but the price was so reasonable (a Black Friday deal) that we thought we'd give it a try and return it if we didn't like it. But after two years, it's still working well, we've had no problems, and we like it more than we anticipated.
The screen has vibrant colors with no bleeding. We researched this TV online before buying, and many reviews mentioned lots of problems with audio/video sync, but we have had no problems with that at all. Other reviews did not like the Wi-Fi, (too slow, too complicated to stream) but again, we have not experienced any problems with that feature, either. It helps that we only use the dedicated Neflix button on the remote, though.
The sound is less rich, more "tinny" than the Sharp TV it replaced. Even though the screen is non-glare, there is still some glare from table lamps in the room. We tried to counteract that by wall mounting the screen on the wall, and tilting it downward a bit. It did reduce the glare, but it did not remove it. However, the major benefit of tilting the screen is that there's less distortion if you want to watch TV while lying down. We did buy stronger wall brackets to compensate for the altered weight of the tilt.

No problems after two years of almost daily use.

Sleek, black border that does not distract from the picture.

It Can Handle Any Kid

I bought my Vizio TV about 4 years ago and overall it's been a good TV. But it does have some issues.
I'll start with the good. My kids were toddlers...Read complete review

I'll start with the good. My kids were toddlers when I got this TV and they tested the durability of my tv as soon as I got it. They have ran into it, hit it, and have even thrown toys at the screen. Yet my screen isn't damaged. That was a huge plus for me.
My TV works great but here are done downfalls. This TV had blutooth but I can't ever get it to connect with any device. Do if you want this TV for blutooth don't get it.
Yes it's a smart TV preloaded with. Rhapsody, Netflix, Yahoo weather, Yahoo sports, Yahoo news, hulu plus, amazon prime, fandango, vudu, Yahoo finance, YouTube, skype, Facebook, flickr, and a Yahoo app store. But the downfall is the apps glitch out and they really aren't worth using. I don't use the apps on the tv anymore due to that. I bought a roku. The apps will freeze the tv. Or you'll be browsing and the tv will shut down the app. So This tv really wasn't built for streaming in my opinion.
Then I had sound isssues for awhile with my tv. It slowed down the sound for several months and I would have to turn the tv off and then turn it back on. But I eventually bypassed it with a soundbar because the sound was low and the tv speakers sound very cheap.
Before I moved and put this tv in storage while I was waiting for my house to be ready it started turning itself off when I was watching it. I never figured out why but after I took it out of storage it was working fine again.
Now there's options for a usb (I have never used it), HDMI ports, and optical sound, rca, and a few others I don't remember because I have never used them.
So far no issues with any of the ports not working. I typically used 2 HDMI ports and the optical sound part.
The picture is fine I have never had any issues with the picture quality. So no comments there. Overall it is a good tv.

It Can Handle Any Kid

from tx

About Me Casual User

Pros

• All the connections options I could ever need
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Energy Efficient
  • Great Picture Quality
  • LED-backlit
  • Reduced Glare

Cons

• Confusing / Bad Remote Control
  • Poor Sound Quality

• Bedroom
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Wall Mounting

• Was this a gift?:

Vizio E601i-A3 - a very good Smart TV for a reasonable price

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

No problems after two years of almost daily use.

Sleek, black border that does not distract from the picture.

Best value great quality

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

I bought this tv on Black Friday and it has become the centerpiece of our home entertainment. The wifi is easy to setup and the picture quality is excellent. Perfect for gaming and hd streaming. I was also surprised by the user options. I would highly recommend.

• Sound Quality:

This is a good TV at a great price!

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

There are some bugs with the programming behind the Smart TV functions but those are minimal next to the amazing picture quality.

Picture Quality
When I bought my Vizio I was blown away by the picture quality. I almost didn't like it because the graphic capabilities were too good.

Sound Quality
The built in speakers are plenty loud and they seem durable as well.

Though it is a TV and the screen should not be touched, the screen is very easily scratchable. It is not too big of a deal living in a house with no kids but I would be wary if there were kids. A simple solution could be a wall mount.

I like the design of the TV. I am a huge fan of shiny and it is definitely shiny. In comparison to other new televisions on the market it could stand to be a bit thinner but that really does not set it back. It is light-weight and easy to lift.

There are occasional freeze-ups when using the smart apps. This was a minor set back.

Great TV, recommend it for anyone with room for a 60 inch

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

Fantastic TV. Good Quality, Clarity, Very Sharp, Very fast. Ultra thin bezel and lightweight overall.

Picture Quality
Too sharp. If that's a thing. Makes it seem like you're there. 120hz refresh rate really makes the difference, scenes change in the blink of an eye, colors are vivid and fresh.

Sound Quality
What you would expect. Would recommend a sound bar and/or surround sound, but it really depends on the user. TV sound would do just fine for the average user, but if you intended for some heavy duty usage or are a power user, go for some extra sound (and that goes for any television brand, honestly)

Well packaged. Feels solid, good stand as well. Very durable plastic construction engineered to fit in a very small amount of space, which makes for a fantastic tv.

Very well designed, ports are conveniently placed on left side. Remote is very advanced and entire interface is smooth. There is a convenient way to label your hdmi ports in an onscreen interface so there is no confusion as to what you're selecting.

1080p is super clear. Xbox one looks fantastic on it. The smart Tv has a number of apps, including netflix, which is good. One would think it's a cheap app just to have a netflix app, but it is flawless. Everything about it runs very smooth and is not cheap.

• Sound Quality:

This television has everything you need for the home.

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

TV has great motion rate with clear picture and crisp images. Network options are available from Netflix to YouTube right on your TV wirelessly. Everything I could ever want in a TV purchase.

Picture Quality
Crisp images with a great motion refresh rate.

Sound Quality
Speakers are adequate for a normal living room, but you may need a soundbar if you're looking for the movie theater experience. Speakers are perfectly acceptable for normal everyday use.

The screen is very thin yet sturdy and holds up well with an average wall mount. Normal users would have no issues using this television for the next five to ten years.

Screen is very thin and entire television is very lightweight. The best part is the thin frame that doesn't take away from the screen size.

The motion refresh rate and vibrant images leave the viewer amazed with the cinematic like quality. The television has great dark and light color contrasts.

awesome tv, crappy remote

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

I love this tv, it looks sharp, bright, and just overall awesome. my only complaint is the remote, which is double sided, plus I have to push two or three times before it reads it sometimes. Ive read other people have this issue too, it looks like a poorly designed sensor. if you program your universal remote then that should avoid the problem.

Picture Quality
I turned off the feature that smoothes the blurryness because I think it just looks worse. the motion looks good already, and in 1080p even better. and quality loss in picture for motion I blame on the fact that cable tv is broadcast in 1080i instead of 1080p

Sound Quality
the tv sound is good, so much so that sometimes I cant tell if the volume is up. I have it hooked up to surround sound, so I like to keep the volume on the tv at 0 but sometimes if theres a power outage it resets, and I forget so I dont notice.

I thought being so light that it would fall over easliy, but I've been able to move it and not accidentally tip it over.

The design of the tv is good, it has a little pop up menu that shrinks the screen so you can still watch tv, instead of covering the whole screen.

this performs as well as I expected it too. Vizio is also great at support when needed.

No problems thus far..

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

Beautiful 1080p display with 5.1 audio. Very easy to set up and operate..Many preprogrammed apps and three dedicated apps buttons on controller. Beautiful 1080i picture off indoor antenna of local broadcast stations...

Exceptional!

Amazing~

Fine, so far...

Sleek design with nearly edge to edge display, very thin...

Flawless!

Great Tv for the price

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

Very well worth the price. Great picture, Wifi for streaming works very well. Very pleased with this tv. Also makes for a great 60" computer monitor =). Take advantage of the optical sound outputs to make sports or movies sound better when put on the big speakers.

Picture Quality
Lights, darks, Movies or sports. All looks great on this tv, matte finish on it cuts down the glare since i have a big window near by.

Sound Quality
Sounds great even for those cheezy speakers that come built in, good enough for shows etc.... hook it up to big speakers for the movies and gaming =)

Ports on side and bottom for your modern peripherals.

Streams netflix very well and picture looks great. But twice in year ive had it, it had to be shut down and restarted cause it seemed to get "stuck" somewhere while switching shows. Other than that, navigating the "smart" part of it seems a bit slow but doesnt bother me a whole lot, does what it needs to do. Controller has a qwerty pad which is great but needs to be in view of the tv which is minor. Over all the picture looks great with everything ive used it for, sports, movies, or gaming was awesome on the big screen.

Great investment!

Comments about VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart HDTV:

I love love love love love this television! Even though we purchased it for a lot less on black friday, it would have been worth every penny at full price also. The picture quality is fantastic and the sound is great too, but the smart tv features are what really makes this tv great. There's even a "Netflix" button on the remote for instant access. I use Netflix and Hulu a lot so having them at the touch of a button is awesome. Before we got this tv, we ran both hulu and netflix through our playstation and we had so many issues, but running them through the tv has been a breeze!

Picture Quality
The picture is so clear! The colors pop, and every detail is crisp and clear.

I can see this tv lasting us many years, and that's one of the most important factors when buying a high ticket item. There's nothing worse than buying something that works great for a while and then it just kind of falling apart, and I'm not at all worried about that happening with this tv. We haven't had a single problem.

Runs internet just great, hasn't been lagging at all.