3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

great and easy to use

I purchased this humidifier because i suffer from allergy, dry eyes, dry skin, and often nasal congestion.  I was recommended this humidifier by a friend who use it regularly and felt a lot of relief from very similar symptoms.  After reading a lot of reviews on different humidifier, I decided to purchase this one based on reviews.  This humidifier did not let me down.  It's so easy to use, so simple, yet effective.  You simply need to fill it up with water and go.  The minute I started using the humidifier, I felt such relief from all the congestion.  I can actually sleep better at night.  I am having to reach for the eye drops much less because my whole body feels much more hydrated and healthier overall.  I would recommend this humidifier to everyone who suffers the same symptoms as me.  If you have little babies at home, this helps them sleep better at night as well.  Wonderful and easy to use. I would buy it again. Highly recommended!!! I give it an A +++++   the price as very reasonable as well!.two thumbs up!

Stay away - there are better ones out there

We purchased this model to humidify the air for sick children. I figured that the Vicks name would equate to quality. I was mistaken.

The blower fan is crazy loud,...Read complete review

The blower fan is crazy loud, beyond what we were looking for to provide some "white noise" while sleeping.

It has an adjustment for the amount of mist, but really it is useless unless you are trying to maintain a specific humidity level and have the tools to measure it.

There is a place on the top to put a Vicks Vapor Pad - also useless. We used the free sample that came with the humidifier and that was it.

If you rinse out the water reservoir, it does ok. The interior of the actual humidifier is filled with all sorts of nooks and crannies that are perfect for pink mold to grow in. Not even a toothbrush can clean inside it. The only way to really clean it is to spray it with a solution of bleach - which isn't recommended.

Stick with the cheap humidifiers if you can find them.

Quiet and compact.

from Florida

Pros

• Compact
  • Quiet
  • Small spaces

Cons

• Home

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

I have purchased two of these Vicks filter free humidifiers. I have one in my room and one in. Y daughter's room. They are just the right size for both.

The design- these are simply desif ed. But Dont let that fool you, even though they are little they still pack quite the punch. The. Out perform any of the other humidifier systems I Have used in the past.

Easy to clean- no filter means nothing messy to clean or change out. This paired with the design makes them super easy to clean.

Noise level- the noise level is very low. I don't even hear it most of the time, so I give It major kudos for that.

The two biggest plus' for me are the size and how quiet it Is.

I purchased Both of mine at the same time and haven't had any issues with them since I bought them. They are a great investment .

• Was this a gift?:

I really like the Vicks Filter Free Humidifier

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

I bought a Safety First model earlier this month and it got my carpet soaked so I returned it to the store and bought this model. It was a little more expensive but it doesn't make my carpet wet and does the job keeping the humidity in my bedroom higher.

Output Volume
    We have a large room and this model puts out a tank per day of water on high. I can't measure the humidity in the room but it seems less dry to me.

I've only had the unit one week but so far so good. It has a large tank but I sometimes have to fill it twice a day with the low temperatures we've been having here in the northeast.

I haven't had to clean it yet but the instructions look pretty easy and self explanatory.

I've only had the product for one week so it's too early to tell how long it will last. Though I had my last Vicks humidifier model for over twenty years!

I like the fact that this humidifier does not require costly filters to buy. It's also easy to fill and operate.

The Vicks Filter Free Humidifer

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

While I think this model is easy to use, it lacks ease of cleaning. I have not found a way to get down into where the bacteria are growing. I do like the ease of filling and operating this machine, and the fact that it has various speed controls. These controls let you determine how much moisture you want in the room. I should tell you that I generally only use this machine during the winter months when heating my home dries out the air.

Output Volume
    The output volume is adjustable making this unit slightly above average. I do like this feature and in general I set it on the lower volume so I do not have to fill the tank reserve as often.

I have had my unit for several years and find that it still performs very well.

Cleaning as a whole is quit simple. There is the part where the motor sits and the vapor comes out which you can only get to with a long cotton swab. This is where the bacteria seem to collect.

I have had this unit for several years and have had no real problems. I would expect it to get several more years of use form it.

This machine is design to be simple to operate and if it were not for the cleaning issue I would have given it a 10.

Vicks filter free humidifier

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

I tried different humidifiers and nothing seemed to work for my allergies until my friend recommended the Vicks humidifier to me. I didn’t want to waste any more money so I did some research before buying another one. The reviews for the Vicks filter free humidifier were very good that I decided to buy one and I am very happy with the purchase. It does not use filters which mean money saved and it uses less water to run. It adds moisture to the air which makes it much easier for me to breathe and sleep at night. Also it is very portable and not bulky and you can even place it on table top. It does not need to be cleaned very often; I usually clean it every other week depending on my usage of it. I also like the fact that they have different fragrance packets that you can place on top of the humidifier to add soothing scents into the room. Overall it is a very good product from Vicks and I have not had any reason to regret the purchase. I will definitely recommend it any day.

Works but

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

I bought this for my sons room in the winter and it does work really well. There were no leaks and it's not super noisy. The only problem I had was that after awhile it started having a smell. I cleaned as much as I could put it away and brought it back out this year and it doesn't smell. Im not sure if it's normal after awhile but glad it wasn't permanent.

• Output Volume:

Vick Cool Mist Works Like a Charm!

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

I bought the humidifier about a year ago. The other ones I had, just didnt seem to last very long. And my family complained about the warm mist humidifiers would make them too hot. So with the Vick Cool Mist, it made the kids and my husband happy. During the cold and flu season, this humidifier lasted and upheld through the worst of it. Im very thankful I bought this.

Output Volume
    There is adjustable setting for how much you would like the output to be.

Ther was a time or two that I did forget to turn off the machine. It ran without water and still works like brand new. Im still surprised.

I have yet to actually clean it. It does come apart. I would assume it to be easy to clean.

The humidifire has lasted through the two boys, my husband and the crazy puppy knocking it over a million times. Its still runnin strong.

I like the design of the humidifire. It looks great and its easy to use.

A GREAT humidifier!

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

We just moved to Iowa from North Carolina, and although we didn't notice much of a change in humidity in the summer, this winter has been so DRY compared to what we are used to! We have a son who has awful coughing issues due to dry air, and this humidifier has been great for him! I don't have to worry about it burning him since it is cool mist, and it is so easy to refill each night. The capacity is perfect, it runs all night wihthout running out of water, and it could last probably half of the day the next day as well. It comes with a free sample of the vicks vapor pad which is nice, so you can try it out and see if you like it! We have loved this humidifier and definitely would recommend it.

• Output Volume:

This is a descent humidifier.

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

I bought this humidifier for my daughter when she came down with her first bad cold. I was told that the humidifier would help her breathe better at night and I think it helped a ton. This specific humidifier was nice because I didn't have to change the filter and it was dishwasher safe. The only complaints that I would have are that it was pretty loud even on the lower setting. Plus there was a light that was pretty bright on it that we would have to cover up with a pillow so that it wouldn't keep my daughter up. I also had to return it a couple times because after using it for about a week or so it started making this random clicking sound. It did it was two of the units that I bought, but I could always return it and get a new one without any hassle. Overall it was satisfactory but I'm not sure it's the best one out there!

Output Volume
    It was pretty loud, even on the lower settings.

It performed well, I thought it definitely helped with my daughters cold.

It wasn't too hard to clean if you stayed on top of it.

It lasted a month or so and then started making a clicking sound and I had to return it to get a new one.

No humidifiers are pretty, but it did its job.

Just an OK humidifier

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

This was our very first humidifier that we purchased. We purchased this for our big room in the basement. Its a filter free humidifier, a cool-mist one. It was pretty noisy. It also got a lot of dust from the basement that was really hard to get out of the top portion. I almost wish it had a filter, because then it may have been easier to clean. It was a paint to clean (maybe if you didn't have hard water it wouldn't be so hard?).
    The water container part was pretty heavy, I needed to carry it with two hands. It was nice though that it did have a low and a high setting.
    We eventually switched over to warm mist humidifiers which is why we got rid of this one.

• Output Volume:

Good..remember it is cold air

Comments about Vicks FilterFree Humidifier:

Just bought this a few weeks ago and I love that it does not empty as quickly as my previous one. I also loves that it does not require a filter (in the past I have thrown out humidifiers because I was unable to locate filters). The only complaint that I have is that it is cold air coming out. In the cold winter, I don't need my room any cooler than it already is.