Other Insurance Companies:
Car Insurance Companies
Unitrin Speciality Insurance

Unitrin Speciality Insurance

Good Service, Helpful Agents

I've been with Unitrin for 6 years and am very happy with the service i've received from them. I've had 2 different vehicles insured with them and will continue to be insured with them. I have had to call them on a couple of different occassions and the agents have been very helpful. The very first time I had to call them, my credit card had expired and I had forgotten to call them and change the billing information so I had received a notice stating I was going to be billed an extra fee, I believe it was a $25 fee. The agent I talked to quickly removed the fee and apologized for it. She updated my billing information and then we moved on. The next instance, my car left me stranded. I called roadside assistance because I didn't know what was wrong with my vehicle. The agent I spoke with was very helpful in getting someone to me as quickly as possible. I have only had great experiences with them. They won me over long ago, and i will be dedicated to them as they have been dedicated to me.

Cheap...........not necessarily worth it

I had never been in an accident and had no tickets. I am in my early 30s and I live in Las Vegas .This was absolutley the cheapest insurance I found for my area. My insurance was under $100 a month so I was really happy. Unfortunatley in 1 and a half years I had 2 claims. The first one a truck backed into me and took off my driver's side rearview mirror. Not a big deal but I wanted him to pay for it. Well turned out he also had Unitrin and they declared it was both of our faults. And then they raised my insurance by $20 a month. Also this claim for a rearview mirror took over a month to process and nobody would answer my calls. A year after I was in an accident which was my fault. They were fast and cooperative with the body shop and the insurance covered a rental car for 30 days. I was happy with the service in this instance. They did not drop me but they again raised my insurance by about $40 a month, so now I am paying what everyone else is paying in las vegas. Good value, rude agents. But in a real accident the customer service is reasonable. They prefer to communicate through email so can be a plus

BEWARE!!!

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

I was a Unitrin customer and got rear ended as I was pushing my car out of the road. The other driver was insured by Unitrin also , so they said the accident was my fault because I did not have my emergency signals on. My vehicle was broke down! Even though it was daybreak, the other driver was going sixty when he hit me. I was thrown 120 feet and seriously injured. They did not even pay all my medical bills. A surprise for me when the bills showed up on my credit report a year after the two year claims period. A piece of advice: get insured with another company otherwise you will regret it.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Plans:

Worst customer service, not 100 % efficient, and liars

from Corpus Christi, TX

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

My advice in people plz read reviews before you get insurance with this company they are far the worst ever. Always canceling appointments, always reschedule and never get no where. My fathers truck was hit in front of the house, and now its been over a month and now they want to investigate the case. They said they wanted to do an investigation recording person to person and its the second time they cancel appt as they said they would come to the house with a spanish interperter.The spanish interpreter did come, but once again what it seems many reviews I've read by other people complains they do the same to everyone canceling appts. We would had prefer a person to person recording plus a copy of the recording and the investigator ended up saying we woul have to pay for the copy of the transcript..how patherit is that when we pay so much for insurance they can't send us a copy? Now wonder that, really obvious the are the worst ever and unprofessional.I hoep u read this and find this helpful before u deal for what were dealing..CLOSE to the holidays and my father without his truck the one use when we travel.

Reasonable rates and reasonable service

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

The insurance rate for the coverage I needed is reasonable and they even called me to make sure I received my insurance packet.  However, they raised my rates for not turning in appropriate documentation, even when they said that it wouldn't go up immediately.  Oh well.

Good Service, Helpful Agents

from Austin, TX

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

Horrible Service if you are hit by a car they insure

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

My son was hit by a car insured with them. We have witnesses and a detailed police report that shows their driver at fault. The damage to our car was just $750. It is now 7 weeks later and they still drag out the claims process. From looking at other reviews it seems this is common. I would never buy insurance from them.

Ignore customers and have slow response time

from Houston, TX

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

I had auto insurance with Unitrin for the past two years. I would still have them but I had to file a claim. Someone hit my car when I was in a parking lot. I filed a claim with the company and was told an adjuster would be assigned and call me within the next hour. Two hours later I called and was connected with my adjuster who was able to help and set up my rental car. After that each time something happened with the claim or I had a question it took three to five calls before I was able to talk to someone who could or would help me. I never received a call from them to let me know anything about my claim even after my car was declared a total loss or when my claim was settled. I tried on multiple occasions to send emails thinking maybe those would be answered quicker; I never received any response. When my claim was finally settled it was two and half weeks before I received my check from them. I felt completely ignored by my agent and adjuster this was the first time I had to file a claim with the company and I was very frustrated with the service I received. I have other insurance companies in the past and had switched to them because they were cheaper, I now know that payer more for better service is definitely a most.

Good prices and fast customer service.

from Raytown, MO

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

I have never had to file a claim so I cannot comment on how their service would be during that process.  However, I found they had the best rates when I was shopping for auto insurance.  My policy renews every 6 months and they automatically renew and adjust my policy.  My rates have gone down over time, probably due to my improved driving record.  I imagine they would also automatically be raised at renewal if I get a hit on my driving record.  They have many affordable payment plan options.  They conveniently offer SR-22 filing, if needed.

Great Rates

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

Unitrin Kemper rewards drivers who stay out of trouble. Each time I renew, my rate has been a little lower than the time before. a real blessing when you consider how gaqs just keeps going up!

Another reason I like Unitrin is that I get a discount for insuring at a higher level of coverage than minimum liability.  They include un/under-insured motorist at a great price, and you need that coverage too.  I have had nothing but great experience with Kemper, and they compare well to my previous experience with Geico,  Allstate, Farmer's, Progressive, Nationwide, and State Farm. I shopped around before going with Kemper, and I made the right choice!

the price is right

from Bloomfield, CT

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

Fortunately, over the last 10 years or so, I have never had a claim, so I can't report on their claims procedure. I can, however, tell you that many,many companies have quoted me premiums and not one of them could beat the price I pay for matching coverage.

It is ok, but price kept going up for no reason.

from Edinburg, VA

Comments about Unitrin Speciality Insurance:

I switched to Unitrin from Allstate because it was initially about 1/2 the price.  However, my price kept going up even though I didn't have any accidents or claims.  They just could not explain why.  Eventually I changed to First Response auto insurance.  It is cheaper again by 1/2 than Unitrin.  I have not had any problems with them although I have not had any claims.