Other Insurance Companies:

United Concordia

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

United Concordia is the biggest ripoff!

Comments about United Concordia:

They state that they cover implants but they deny every claim you submit. Even though doctors recommend 2 implants, United Concordia will ONLY cover a partial denture. Doctors say this option would be ridiculous when only 2 teeth need to be replaced. United Concordia won't budge. They FALSELY advertise that they cover implants and have increased their client allowance to $10,000.00. Ha--they pay nothing! They just advertise this coverage to sucker people in!

Customer Service
The customer service reps at United Concordia are curt and uncaring--borderline rude.

Available Plans
I am only familiar with my plan which looks great on paper, but with United Concordia denying everything that is submitted to them, it's worthless.

A Great Dental Plan

Comments about United Concordia:

I have had this plan for several years now. I never had a problem when I went for my cleaning and my son never had a problem either. I have the family plan and you have a good selection of providers. The company also gives you a booklet on what is covered and what is not so it is important to read the book and once you schedule an appointment to make sure the dentist is a provider. Overall, everything has been upfront when I had to have a crown, I was told what the price would be and that I had to pay half of the cost. For preventive maintenance, there was not a co-pay because it was just that, cleaning and checking the teeth for preventive maintenance. It's too bad that my work place is changing my dental insurance to the delta dental plan.

Horrible

Comments about United Concordia:

The worst health insurance company I have ever dealt with. Every facet of this company is the worst--from their (lack of) coverage to their lousy customer service. The military is finally dumping them as of May 2012. That can't come soon enough. Its embarrassing that DOD actually used this company to cover our men and women in uniform. They are an absolute joke.

Customer Service
Every bit as lousy as every other facet of this customer unfriendly joke of a company.

Available Plans
inadequate to say the least

For dental insurance...don't even think United Concordia

from New Boston, TX

Comments about United Concordia:

I have United Concordia as a supplemental dental insurance, but not for long. I had periodontal work performed that I had to pay for up front (now I know why). UC took 7 months to pay a small portion of it and only then after I had turned tham into every watchdog agency I could think of. Now they are saying that my regular dentist (that they use to pay) is not in their network and they will not pay him. Can you say R-E-T-R-I-B-U-T-I-O-N. I highly do not recommend them and am dropping them ASAP.