Other Condiments:
Unilever
Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original

Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original

Pros

Cons

• Lacks flavor (9)
  • Poor texture (7)
  • Poor packaging (4)

"I can't believe It's not butter." I can believe this stuff is

This product has got to be better than butter itself. First of all the taste is very very good. I like to have a cup of joe and cover my crackers with this "I can't believe It's not butter" and I have no complaints. I have used it to make a variety of things. Toast and grilled sandwiches just to mention a few. Making a grilled cheese for my pregnant wife before she leaves to work in the morning and she ate every bite of it. She turned to me and said, "That was good!" I feel the other butter products are cool and all but when you get a reaction like that, that's all I need to give this product a 5.

Very didappointed in the new taste, time to find something new!!

Been eating " I can't believe it's not butter" for years, stick and tub, but they have just changed the ingredients and it's disgusting!!! My sisters family hates it too! Well we won't be buying it any more!! Time to buy something new! WHY did they have to ruin a good thing. This will surely put them out of business!!

How's It Going ICBINB Light?

from Seattle WA

About Me Foodie

Pros

Cons

• Poor Texture

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

I gave up using ICBINB when you degraded it a year ago. How's that working for you?

Will never buy this product again!

from Tulsa, OK

About Me Foodie

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

I used this product for years and loved it. It was my go to for margarine. For some unknown reason, they changed the formulation. Now it is tasteless and disgusting. I will never buy it again.

I can't believe I wasted my money buying this

from Iowa

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

• Horrible

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
          • Poor Packaging

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

Are these people insane for changing the ingredients? Bought this product for years and now I won't go near it. Very chemical, strange flavor. Lost me forever unless they go back to original flavor. Yuck! Remember what happened with the new Coke formula? Didn't work out so well, now did it?

I CAN Believe it's Not Butter

from Camarillo, CA

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

I've been using ICBINB sense 1990 and loved it from the first tub. It seemed to be the best substitute for butter out there.
            Not anymore. When I used the new formula for the first time I thought it was rancid. I went back to the store, picked one up with a different lot # and got the same funky smell and taste.
            Unilever, Who is running your food division? They may have saved you money on ICBINB production costs but they destroyed a STAR in you product line. Should I start looking for changes in your other products?

I Cannot believe ICBINB

from Roanoke, VA

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
              • Poor Packaging
              • Poor Texture

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

Like others I thought I picked up a bad batch as I have used ICBINB exclusively for years. Mold was growing in the new flimsy container as well. I commend the company for offering a refund as I do not want a replacement of the same bland product. Hopefully, they will return to the recipe we enjoyed for decades. Until then I will be searching for a new spread.

No more Good!!

from MD

Verified Reviewer

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

Used it for years and now it sucks..dosent melt and no flavor..wrote them an email and told them and they send me a coupon for a free one...really I told you I dont like it and you give me a free one..cat litter would of been better..anyway found a another brand and moved on!!!

Don't fix something that's not broke

from Allentown, PA

Pros

• Nice Packaging

Cons

• Doesn't Melt
                    • Lacks Flavor

• None

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

I have used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter for years and was looking forward to trying the new and improved version. What a disappointment!!!! It tastes horrible and it doesn't melt on toast. I figured I would use it in cooking. It took a long time to melt in a hot pan and when it did you would swear I added water to the pan but I didn't. I will never use it again and if someone asks me about it I will tell them not to use it. I'm going back to butter.

What happened?!

from Red Wing, MN

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
                      • Poor Texture

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

UCBINB Light used to taste wonderful and have a great texture. But the new and 'improved' simplified formula tastes horrible. Well, actually, it doesn't have much of a taste. I hope they lose so many customers, they are forced to return to the old recipe. Or, at least offer a choice. Now, my family is forced to sample other spreads to find a replacement.

I Can't Believe It's Still on the Market

from Redwood City, CA

Pros

• Non-Perishable

Cons

• Doesn't Melt On Any Food
                        • Lacks Flavor
                        • Poor Packaging
                        • Poor Texture

• None

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

What was a standby in our kitchen, for everything where dairy butter would be used, has been transformed into something unedible. We even used the spray on popcorn. This new formulation may make a new substitute for vasiline rather than margarine - no flavor, poor texture and spreadability, but might work as an industrial lubricant. Really, a glob of it just sits there on a slice of toast refusing to melt. After our first tub of ICBINB we went back to dairy butter, and rediscovered how good food can taste.

Uggghhhh!

from philadelphia, pa

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
                          • Poor Packaging
                          • Poor Texture

Comments about Unilever I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Original:

Purchased the new packaged ICBINB and was wondering if I bought a bad batch or if I was getting sick. Spread it on a cracker and the taste was horrible. Tried to melt it so that I can make a garlic sauce, it wouldn't melt. I don't know what someone did, but they need to "undid" it. The stuff is horrible and I won't be buying it anymore. I didn't care about the price, because I loved the taste and it was "light". Now, I have to find another alternative. The person who thought of this should be fired because you're about to lose a lot of money over this snafu.

Youtube Chef