3.6

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:
    • I received a sample (13), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

The ULTAmate in drugstore and high end products on one site.

***Quick View:*** I am sitting here playing with all my stuff I got from **Ulta.com** and decided to write a review of the site. It's a good cosmetics, skin care, fragrance, and accessories site that has good prices and great promotions.***About Ulta.com***

I don't have an Ulta store near me and, in fact, never heard of Ulta before about a year ago. I was doing a search for a drugstore cosmetic that was being discontinued and it popped up on **Ulta.com **for less than any other site. Hmm, I thought, what is this Ulta site? I skipped on over there and made an order. Loved everything. Then made another one for Christmas and now made one because of a wicked good promotion. They have great gifts with purchases!

**Ulta.com** sells drugstore brand cosmetics and as well as high end stuff, skin care, hair care products and accessories, fragrances, and more. They have a full line of their own name brand cosmetics and other items as well. The site is easy to navigate and the sales just blow me away!

The reason I was shopping on **Ulta.com** recently was because they were offering $65.00 worth of cosmetics in a cool looking make up case with the purchase of $17.50 in Ulta cosmetics. Hard to beat. These were full sized products! And I can ALWAYS use more cosmetics!

The site is easy to navigate and straightforward. Items are abundant and cost less than my local drug store or mass-market store. I purchased mascara, blush, nail polish, and other fun stuff and got my $65.00 free gift. Then I got some extra things like shampoo and such and got free shipping because I just hit the $50.00 mark. I wasn't trying but it just happened. Shipping is reasonable below $50.00 and free over that.

I got my conformation letter and a shipping one and the box was on my doorstep in a couple of days. As a point of reference, I ordered from Drugstore.com a week BEFORE I ordered from Ulta.com and I have my Ulta stuff and my Drugstore.com is nowhere to be found yet.

Packing is great. Everything is in plastic orange or white Ulta bags and very carefully packaged. Returns are accepted and my only whine is that they charge tax. But that's New York for ya. In all, I definitely will return to **Ulta.com **for more. They're a lot less expensive than Drugstore.com and must faster as far as shipping goes.

***My Viewpoint***

My **Ulta.com** experience was flawless and the others have been as well. They have wonderful sales, good promotions, and good prices all around. Free shipping over $50.00 and very fast delivery all make me give this site a ***4 star rating***. I am leery of giving any site a 5 star rating unless I have dealt directly with customer service with an issue and I have not. But I am confident in **Ulta.com** and recommend it to you.

DON'T SHOP AT ULTA.COM FALSE ADVERTISING AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

NEVER BUY FROM ULTA!!!! FALSE ADVERTISING AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I was promised a free item if i purchased a bare minerals product and never got it, when I called the representative said that there were limited quantities and that they couldn't replace the item with any other item, (even though the item they promised for free I could purchase in the website!!!) The first call to customer service resulted with a promise of a $14 gift card (the price of the promised free item) and never happened. I called a month later to ask why I never received the gift card and the representative asked me well do you remember the reps name that you talked to and I told her uhh NO from there she told me an incident report wasn't filed so she couldn't do anything to help me and if I wanted to talk to a manager she would call me the next day. Yeah right after I have experienced Ulta's customer service mine as well have just told me off because they do not care about their customers at all!!!!

Ulta.com VERY DIFFICULT and Frustrating to deal with!!!

from Detroit MI

Comments about Ulta.com:

I ordered an almost $200 curling wand that is only sold on Ulta.com, not in stores. I used a 20% off coupon and my ultra reward points. I received the item damaged. My store won't take the return because they don't have the product in store. On the shipping label you have no way of simply exchanging an item. Spoke to customer service and now I have either exchange through the manufacture or return the item... send it back, wait for the credit to go back on my card and be re credited the points, call back to see if I can get a reissue for the coupon, then reorder the item. *WHY CANT THEY JUST OFFER AN EXCHANGE on damaged items?

Dermalogica night lip treatment

from Boston

Comments about Ulta.com:

I liked the nightly lip treatment because of its versatility. I have used the treatment on the feather lines around the lip area and yes on my laugh lines and finally on wrinkles in the lip area. It has softened all the targeted areas in just two weeks. Stay tuned for the latest update!
Saleslady

Their cost of doing business is your problem

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Ulta.com:

I've always had my hair done by the same person, like seriously while she was on maternity leave I didn't get anything done because I simply don't trust other people with my hair. As much as I love her I won't be continuing to use her because she's now an ULTA Beauty employee. Not because her quality went down but because their charge for services is a load of bull. Every company knows in order to attract and retain good employees they have to offer a good wage and promotions which generally also come with raises. Well ULTA likes to promote their salon employees which is fantastic but it's at the consumer cost. Whenever your stylist gets a promotion you can count on your prices to go up too. Retaining good employees is the cost of doing business and comes out of the bottom line not the putting it all back on the consumer. So last week a service would cost X but she got promoted again this week, which good for her, but now she makes more money and ULTA doesn't want to fork out the extra dough so this week the price becomes X*1836n. Not because they're doing anything new or special or haven't learned a different skill they just are moved to the next pay scale and commission scale basically. You can't even budget or figure out your costs because one week it's X and next week it's Y.

Ana with IT COSMETICS!

from Modesto, Ca

Comments about Ulta.com:

Ana did my make up today with IT COSMETICS. Ana is very knowledgeable and she recommended the perfect color products for my face and eyes. She get's an A+ from me!!!

Warning-false advertising

from San Jose, ca

Comments about Ulta.com:

So I have shopped with ulta.com and in store for so long and spent soooo much money. I have been a platinum member because of this. However, to get the perks of the online only platinum perk u have to buy something to get something. Clearly, it's false advertising and falsifying packing slips. I had made an online purchase and spend x amount to get my platinum perk. When I recieved the small package, the platinum perk wasn't in there and the packing slipped states that it was. So I called customer service in hopes they can fix this. They stated, "I understand ma'am. I can only offer you a $25 gift card and an apology" is that their customer service? I wasn't trying to get anything free but my item that was an award for spending so much money. This is how they treat their Platinum Reward Members. To buy them off and hopes they try again and scam more ppl out of money. I wanted this to be fixed. It's false advertising and not the best treatment of loyal customers.

Ulta beauty salon

from Altamonte Springs, Florida

Comments about Ulta.com:

Got my hair dyed at the Altamonte location in Florida. The lady who did my hair was very nice but did not understand what I wanted. She insulted my previous color and got very disgusted the way my hair is cut. I was looking for a light lavender with a bit of a greyish tone. My hair is a very deep shade of purple instead. She kept telling me that when she washes and blow dries it, it would turn out lavender. It's a nice color but not what I wanted at all. She was very sweet to me but I think there was miscommunication between us.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great customer service!!

from Alachua fl

Comments about Ulta.com:

I placed an order like I have before in the past and I've never had a problem and when I did,one item was not in the box I called Ulta and they resolved it for me no hassles! Thank you Ulta and for all the hard-working people that work in your customer service department for resolving my issue

retinol

from New York

Comments about Ulta.com:

I bought the Retinol night cream from skincare L&L Cosmetics which was recommended
to me by my dermatologist and she said i would find it in the skincare section of the store. I love this product but it was very hard to find in your store. It was not in skincare section. i have been using it and it works great. Already went back to buy the day cream.

Online Purchase

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Ulta.com:

I ordered two face washes and an urban decay eye shadow pallet. One of the face washes opened in the package (it was in a separate bag) and it had still spilled over all the contents (sure it was from the USPS throwing around packages). I contacted customer service and they wanted to know which item spilled to replace it. I told them only one opened however it spilled over everything else (was supposed to be a Christmas gift). They said the would resend the entire package on Dec 3. On December 25, I asked again about my package. I got a shipping confirmation today for that item only. Really aweful customer service! Didn't do anything for three weeks and then went back on what they said they would send!

Liar, worst customer services

from Sebring, Florida

Comments about Ulta.com:

My husband give a gift card from ultra they don't sale the product I use (MAc, Coco Chanel) but Elizabeth from Sebring Ulta inform my husband that they sell those brand. Now I got a gift that I can not use for me because they don't give the money back. I bought something for him and for me aDults store never will see that I will spend money in that store and don't recommend the store to nobody. If you had Ross, Marshall and Sally why buy all the product are more expenses.