3.7

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:
    • I received a sample (10), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

The ULTAmate in drugstore and high end products on one site.

***Quick View:*** I am sitting here playing with all my stuff I got from **Ulta.com** and decided to write a review of the site. It's a good cosmetics, skin care, fragrance, and accessories site that has good prices and great promotions.***About Ulta.com***

I don't have an Ulta store near me and, in fact, never heard of Ulta before about a year ago. I was doing a search for a drugstore cosmetic that was being discontinued and it popped up on **Ulta.com **for less than any other site. Hmm, I thought, what is this Ulta site? I skipped on over there and made an order. Loved everything. Then made another one for Christmas and now made one because of a wicked good promotion. They have great gifts with purchases!

**Ulta.com** sells drugstore brand cosmetics and as well as high end stuff, skin care, hair care products and accessories, fragrances, and more. They have a full line of their own name brand cosmetics and other items as well. The site is easy to navigate and the sales just blow me away!

The reason I was shopping on **Ulta.com** recently was because they were offering $65.00 worth of cosmetics in a cool looking make up case with the purchase of $17.50 in Ulta cosmetics. Hard to beat. These were full sized products! And I can ALWAYS use more cosmetics!

The site is easy to navigate and straightforward. Items are abundant and cost less than my local drug store or mass-market store. I purchased mascara, blush, nail polish, and other fun stuff and got my $65.00 free gift. Then I got some extra things like shampoo and such and got free shipping because I just hit the $50.00 mark. I wasn't trying but it just happened. Shipping is reasonable below $50.00 and free over that.

I got my conformation letter and a shipping one and the box was on my doorstep in a couple of days. As a point of reference, I ordered from Drugstore.com a week BEFORE I ordered from Ulta.com and I have my Ulta stuff and my Drugstore.com is nowhere to be found yet.

Packing is great. Everything is in plastic orange or white Ulta bags and very carefully packaged. Returns are accepted and my only whine is that they charge tax. But that's New York for ya. In all, I definitely will return to **Ulta.com **for more. They're a lot less expensive than Drugstore.com and must faster as far as shipping goes.

***My Viewpoint***

My **Ulta.com** experience was flawless and the others have been as well. They have wonderful sales, good promotions, and good prices all around. Free shipping over $50.00 and very fast delivery all make me give this site a ***4 star rating***. I am leery of giving any site a 5 star rating unless I have dealt directly with customer service with an issue and I have not. But I am confident in **Ulta.com** and recommend it to you.

DON'T SHOP AT ULTA.COM FALSE ADVERTISING AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

NEVER BUY FROM ULTA!!!! FALSE ADVERTISING AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I was promised a free item if i purchased a bare minerals product and never got it, when I called the representative said that there were limited quantities and that they couldn't replace the item with any other item, (even though the item they promised for free I could purchase in the website!!!) The first call to customer service resulted with a promise of a $14 gift card (the price of the promised free item) and never happened. I called a month later to ask why I never received the gift card and the representative asked me well do you remember the reps name that you talked to and I told her uhh NO from there she told me an incident report wasn't filed so she couldn't do anything to help me and if I wanted to talk to a manager she would call me the next day. Yeah right after I have experienced Ulta's customer service mine as well have just told me off because they do not care about their customers at all!!!!

Warning-false advertising

from San Jose, ca

Comments about Ulta.com:

So I have shopped with ulta.com and in store for so long and spent soooo much money. I have been a platinum member because of this. However, to get the perks of the online only platinum perk u have to buy something to get something. Clearly, it's false advertising and falsifying packing slips. I had made an online purchase and spend x amount to get my platinum perk. When I recieved the small package, the platinum perk wasn't in there and the packing slipped states that it was. So I called customer service in hopes they can fix this. They stated, "I understand ma'am. I can only offer you a $25 gift card and an apology" is that their customer service? I wasn't trying to get anything free but my item that was an award for spending so much money. This is how they treat their Platinum Reward Members. To buy them off and hopes they try again and scam more ppl out of money. I wanted this to be fixed. It's false advertising and not the best treatment of loyal customers.

Ulta beauty salon

from Altamonte Springs, Florida

Comments about Ulta.com:

Got my hair dyed at the Altamonte location in Florida. The lady who did my hair was very nice but did not understand what I wanted. She insulted my previous color and got very disgusted the way my hair is cut. I was looking for a light lavender with a bit of a greyish tone. My hair is a very deep shade of purple instead. She kept telling me that when she washes and blow dries it, it would turn out lavender. It's a nice color but not what I wanted at all. She was very sweet to me but I think there was miscommunication between us.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great customer service!!

from Alachua fl

Comments about Ulta.com:

I placed an order like I have before in the past and I've never had a problem and when I did,one item was not in the box I called Ulta and they resolved it for me no hassles! Thank you Ulta and for all the hard-working people that work in your customer service department for resolving my issue

retinol

from New York

Comments about Ulta.com:

I bought the Retinol night cream from skincare L&L Cosmetics which was recommended
to me by my dermatologist and she said i would find it in the skincare section of the store. I love this product but it was very hard to find in your store. It was not in skincare section. i have been using it and it works great. Already went back to buy the day cream.

Online Purchase

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Ulta.com:

I ordered two face washes and an urban decay eye shadow pallet. One of the face washes opened in the package (it was in a separate bag) and it had still spilled over all the contents (sure it was from the USPS throwing around packages). I contacted customer service and they wanted to know which item spilled to replace it. I told them only one opened however it spilled over everything else (was supposed to be a Christmas gift). They said the would resend the entire package on Dec 3. On December 25, I asked again about my package. I got a shipping confirmation today for that item only. Really aweful customer service! Didn't do anything for three weeks and then went back on what they said they would send!

Liar, worst customer services

from Sebring, Florida

Comments about Ulta.com:

My husband give a gift card from ultra they don't sale the product I use (MAc, Coco Chanel) but Elizabeth from Sebring Ulta inform my husband that they sell those brand. Now I got a gift that I can not use for me because they don't give the money back. I bought something for him and for me aDults store never will see that I will spend money in that store and don't recommend the store to nobody. If you had Ross, Marshall and Sally why buy all the product are more expenses.

Worst customer service ever!!!!

from Long Island,NY

Comments about Ulta.com:

On Black Friday I went into Ulta to purchase a few items. When I got home one of the PUR cosmetics compacts that I bought was empty someone had popped the make up out of the compact. I called the store to tell them what happened and nobody picked up the phone. I went back to the store with the compact and my receipt the store manager on duty was so rude accused me of stealing the product yelled in front of a busy store full of customers that I had stolen it and refused to give me my money back. Finally she said that I could get something else but not my money so I went and found another product she proceeded to open it and wave it around the entire store again embarrassing me screaming look! look! it's in here you see it's in here. Or while waving it around the store so I called customer service which was closed so I wrote an email I got an automated response that I would be contacted within 24 hours. I was never contacted again. So next I try to make contact through the Facebook page I got another automated response to please send my contact info so I did. And once again I never got a response . I will never shop Ulta again

Mislead when I joined their point system. Lost $128.00

from Northville Michigan

Comments about Ulta.com:

I joined the reward program and was told that once I'm a platinum member the points I receive will never expire, I was also told if I didn't use them and let them grow I would have greater benefit. I gathered 2,159 points/$128.00 credit, I had health issues and didn't show anywhere for sometime. Finally better I go there to shop and find that I am no longer a Platinum member and worst no longer have credit. All the times I shopped there to have my points add up, I was never told they expire, I received emails a couple times a week and they never had it in the subject line points expire, Yesterday I looked at my old emails and in the middle of the advertising in small light print it did state they expire soon. I find the promoting of 1) shopping there to gain points 2) putting off using them to gain more benefit misleading and fraudulent. When I called their customer service after being on hold for a supervisor over 20 minutes. I was offered an insulting $10 gift card for being a "Loyal Customer"

Ulta salon

from Orlando Florida

Comments about Ulta.com:

At a Ulta salon the hairdresser made pieces of my hair fall out. Her name is Brenna, near the millena mall Ulta. She bolted and said you don't have to pay. It was awful and my long curly hair is now thin and lifeless. I had to cut it to above my ears to get rid of the damage she did. She said henna wouldn't effect the chemical process if I did it only once it'd be ok. But when my hair was falling out she lied in the report and said I had done henna three times. I learned that when I talked to the salon manager. The store manager saw my hair fall out and one salon employee told me after I was in tears with my hair falling out that she saw this happening and that she couldn't say anything to me or her managers because she would get in trouble if she did. The salon employee was the only good part of my experience because she cared and she stayed after to help me cut of the worst parts of the damage. The store manager didn't say anything at the time I thought she was a cashier because she didn't do or say anything to me about helping or ask about what happened. She observed me like she was preparing for a law suit. I would not go back to Ulta for the salon or any discounts. I rather buy my cosmetics double the price than give them any money. It took me years to grown my curly hair out and Ulta took it away so quick and on top of that I still have nightmares of my hair falling out in public.

I won't be returning to Ulta

from Mill Creek, WA

Comments about Ulta.com:

Had our hair done by two different stylist at two different locations. They cannot do ethnic hair though they claimed to. This is very upsetting and waste of our money and time. My daughters hair was left dry and frizzy looking even after being flat ironed. I also had makeup done this weekend and I looked terrible. My husband was shocked and said I looked like someone who was on drugs. I had to change the makeup for our annual Christmas party. I love the ulta at southcenter but since we have moved out north, the staff at alderwood and Everett leave a lot to be desired. I'm done with Ulta. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand