Other Body Lotions:
Udderly Smooth

Pros

Cons

Udder Cream Works Wonders

As a grandaughter of farmers, when I have had sore hands and dry feet, this is the cream I go to. My mother and grandmother have used if for years with really terrific results.  My daughter and grandaughter use it as well.  It is of a strange scent.  The cream is somewhere between a salve, balm and a lotion that is rather thick.  It is available at most drugstores, some mass super stores and of course farm stores.  It comes in large tubs or smaller tubes that are just great to carry in your purse or pocket.  As the name implies Udderly Smooth was developed for milk cows that had sore, hurting udders.  Farm people who applied it to the  cows udders soon realized how much it was helping their hands and began to use it on themselves.  This is what my family from the past has told me.  I like to give the small tubes away to my friends as they are a conversation starter as well as a practical gift.

Udderly Smooth is good for your body but weak on feet.

I happened upon *Udderly Smooth Udder Cream* in the local pharmacy this afternoon while waiting for my prescription to be filled.  I'm always on the hunt for great foot creams and I remembered using and liking it several years ago, so I decided to give it a whirl again.

As far as I can tell from the name and directions for this product, it truly is designed to treat sore and cracked cow udders.  Seriously, the label states "wash udder and teat parts thoroughly with clean water and soap before each milking to avoid contamination of milk."  In any case, *Udderly Smooth* *Udder Cream* has been used by people for many years to moisturize and treat dry, cracked skin.  I've seen it sold online at drugstore.com and, as I said before, I bought it in the local independent drug store in this small town this afternoon.

This white cream is non-greasy, has a clean scent, and, though it appears to be thick and rich, it quickly melts into a thin lotion-type product.  I used it on my arms and legs before getting changed into my after-school "relaxing" clothes.  It spread easily, absorbs quickly, and does leave most skin feeling smooth and hydrated.  For most of my body, this is a nice moisturizer.  I was disappointed, though, when I tried to apply a nice thick layer after soaking, scrubbing, and filing my feet this evening.  It was much too thin to really moisturize them.  *Udderly Smooth Udder Cream* absorbed into the skin so quickly that it barely improved its condition.  I really didn't even have to put on socks after application because it was sucked into my feet so quickly.  I wouldn't use this stuff again as a pedicure product.

*Udderly Smooth Udder Cream* is a nice, non-greasy product, but it isn't powerful enough for really dry spots like feet.  I'd buy it again if I had chapped and cracked hands, but it doesn't work the way that I hoped it would on feet.

Favorite Lotion ❤️

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

Definitely does it's job without leaving me with a greasy layer of grossness. Since I am a flyer (cheer affiliated) I definitely cannot wear oily lotion so before I would just leave my legs ashy so I would not risk slipping while stunting. This lotion is PERFECT for me aside from plain scent which I do not mind. It definitely does it's job!

Plain, but I do not mind... That's what perfume is for!

Absorption
Not oily/greasy; leaves my skin as soft as a baby's butt

Just buy it!

Extremely moisturizing

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

Wow! Udderly smooth Udder cream is so extremely hydrating. I learned about this product from my aunt that actually buys it from the farm and tractor supply store. I can't believe how much my callused and dry feet changed after using this product! Now my feet are soft and as smooth as my toddler! The texture of this product kind of reminds me of Vaseline. It's pretty thick and gloppy but it does an excellent job at keeping my skin moisturized. The price of this product is also wonderful! It's a great value. The only other issue I had was the scent. I would only use this product on my feet because it smells not well at all. It kind of smells like petroleum jelly and expired yogurt. I am pretty sure I won't buy the product again though because I have enough to last for years. It comes in a huge container. I would recommend this product to anyone that suffers from dry and callused skin. It really does a magnificent job!

The scent is pretty terrible.

Absorption
This product does not absorb fast. It takes at least two hours to absorb with a nice layer of the product.

If you want soft and supple skin this product is definitely the answer.

• Absorption:

A cream that works well for me and on the farm.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

I live in farm country with chickens, cows, pigs, horses, the works-- so this cream is a staple around my house. It is designed for cow udders because when they are milked and breastfeeding, their udders get deeply chaffed and crack.

As far as the cows go, this is wonderful. It absorbs into their breasts thoroughly. I also use it on the horses and pigs from time to time when they look as if they have been nursed a bit rough. I would also recommend for human nipples if your babies teeth are coming in.

Now as far as I go, this cream is amazing because it absorbs so thoroughly. It doesn't have harsh ingredients in and it's got few chemicals. There aren't any harsh perfumes or dyes so my sensitive skin is saved. It goes on creamy and smooth and rubs in nicely all over. I use is on my hands and feet especially. I also use it on my elbows and knees and behind my knees but it's great for an all over moisturizer.

Sometimes I use this for wind burn and even sun burn but it works best on the wind burns than the sun burns. It doesn't sting my skin like other lotions do.

The scent on this isn't really amazing but it is designed for cow nipples. It doesn't bother me because when you live in cow country, you get used to the scents of the farm.

Overall a great lotion. I can't convince my boyfriend to use it because he thinks it's weird but I love the tin that it comes in and you can't beat the price. My feet and hands love it and the animals appreciate it greatly when they're nursing.

It isn't unpleasant to me but it's not a great smell either. It's very animalistic in its scent but it is designed for cows first and foremost.

Absorption
It absorbs so quickly and you aren't left feeling greasy.

Smooths out hard working farm hands and it is great on the animals. I notice a lot less cracking on the nipples of the cows and horses and their teats aren't as red when we use this on them.

For me, it definitely heals intensely on my feet and hands and it's a miracle worker on wind burn.

Great for moisturizing!

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

Udderly Smooth Udder Cream is so great! At my home we have concrete floors in some areas so walking barefoot all the time on them puts some wear on my feet. I like to have nice, smooth feet so I try everything to keep them that way. I bought some wear"spa socks" along with the Udderly Smooth Udder Cream to try. Can I just say, amazing?! The cream is so thick and moisturizing. I sit in the socks and cream from thirty minutes to an hour while I'm just lounging around and afterwards my feet feel so good. Also they look good! I would also recommend this to anyone who gets dry heels during the summer time from wearing flip flops and sandals all the time. It works really well for that problem for me.

This cream doesn't smell bad, I just like more fruits scents than this.

Absorption
Udder Cream soaks into my skin really good and is thick, not watery.

This cream works perfectly for what I use it for. It keeps my feet moisturized and soft. Works especially good on my heels where I'm prone to dryness.

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

Udderly Smooth Udder Cream was recommended to me by my Mom, she had used it for years. Her hands would crack from the cold winters that we had and this is the only thing that helped. I love the way it moisturizes and prevents chapping, cracking and itchy dry skin. It is great to use on body, hands, feet, even your face.

If you are looking for something that is light scented then this is for you. There is no unpleasant or overwhelming scent in this. It has a light, pleasant scent that you will be pleased with.

Absorption
Udderly Smooth Udder Cream absorbs more quickly than most.

I think anyone who tries this will be surprised how effective it can be especially on dry skin. There is no greasy or sticky feeling like a lot of these products leave. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for something to help with dry skin. It also has many other uses, some that you would never think of.

Nice and Smooth

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

This cream is the best for dry skin.  It feels so silky and smooth as you stick your fingers into the jar. The scent is very pleasant too.  I used it on my feet to keep them soft especially during the winter.  I first tired this cream many years ago as a sample at Trader Joe's at the check out counter. I could not get over how rich it felt on my hands.  The other customers also remarked how great this cream feels. Of course I bought a jar of cream without second thought.   This cream feels like fine silk on your hands.  It light and it feels like its whipped cream.  I would not use this cream during the hot humid weather.  It's too heavy for summer use.  It leaves a nice film on your skin like a lightweight glove.  Your skin will be fully protected during the harsh weather with this cream.  I have never felt anything like this for such a reasonable price.  My whole family  enjoyed using  this cream.

Udderly Wonderful!!

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

Udderlyy smooth udder cream is not your typical lotion. It is a thick, creamy, soft, moisturizing cream that works wonders on really dry skin. It goes on smooth, but is thicker than most lotions. It is not greasy. I used udderly smooth on my mom's skin when she was going through chemotherapy. The chemotherapy would dry her skin out and Udderly Smooth was the only cream she could use that was oderless and did not cause her skin to break out or itch. She was able to use all types of lotions previous to chemotherapy, but Udderly smooth was gentle enough on her skin that it was the only one she could use to cure severe dry skin. This cream absorbs slower than most lotions but it is extremely effective in eliminating dry skin when used daily, without causing the skin to become irritated or feeling greasy. I would recommend this daily for feet, elbows, and knees to help maintain your skin.

Utterly Unique

from Stewartsville, NJ

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

I use this after washing my hands in the winter time and am amazed that my hands do not get dry, cracked, or peeled at all. There are no harsh ingredients and its and it's not flashy. It does what it says and means what it does.

I don't notice any scent.

My hands don't crack & my cuticles don't peel with this winter weather... A first for me in all my adult years using hand creams (I'm 35).

It's Udderly Smooth

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

My mom used to use Udder Cream on her dry cracked hands when i was younger. She was a nurse and consistently washed her hands, so in the winter they became very dry and hurtful. But Udder Cream really helped her. And now that I'm a mom and my little ones wash their hands a lot at school, they get very dry in the winter and have even been so bad they bleed. But once I found Udder Cream again, I began using it on them knowing the success it had for my mom when I was a child. It worked wonders for them. I just put a little glob on their hands every morning before school and same when they get home and in only two days we saw a huge difference. No more painful little hands for them and no more worrying for me. Udder Cream also works fabulously for the people who don't have dishwashers, ie use their hands to wash. My hands get so dry, flaky and hurt so bad in the winter after I wash the dishes. Just a little dab of Udder Cream and that dryness goes right away and I can move them again without cracking and discomfort.

Udder Cream does not have a very pleasant scent. Luckily the scent does not linger and since it absorbs so well in my children's tiny hands it does make their hands smell either. But since I know the effectiveness Udder Cream has I can over look the scent.

• Absorption:

Works great but check the ingredients

Comments about Udderly Smooth Udder Cream:

I actually grew up on a dairy farm. My parents used this product on the cows and themselves. That was over twenty years ago. I remember going with them to get this at animal supply stores. My mom bought two, one came in the house and one went to the barn. I remember reading the label and asking her why she was using something for cows. She said because it works.
It's available everywhere now. It really does work. I've used it for dry skin on my hands. I use it only at night. It has a funny smell and texture. It's not something I wanted to put on in the morning and wear all day. My daughter has eczema and I've used it in her. It cleared it up, but after reviewing the ingredients I switched her to homemade lotion. This has a lot of chemicals in it. For myself I don't really care, but on a small child, I didn't want to use something with chemicals. I wish I still had an old container. I wonder if the product we bought twenty years ago had the same ingredients.