3.6
UTStarcom
UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone

UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone

3.6

If you love music a phone called Razzle from Verizon is for you.

I was looking for a good portable music system , like an MP3 or an IPOD. Then I looked on the Verizon web site and saw that every day they have a deal on a different phone. I lucked out and it happened to be the day for the Razzle. I read the reviews and the discription.

I couldn't believe my luck. The Verizon Razzle was everything I was looking for in a phone and a music system. The bottom of the Razzle twist around. One side is a keyboard for texting and using the internet and setting up the bluetooth and so forth.

Then you flip the bottom around and you have a music system with start and stop controls next song and replay buttons. You can choose to play all songs , make playlists , or pick and choose what you listen too.

Its a terrific phone , it really is. When its time to upgrade I won't unless they come up with a better Razzle. By the way don't miss my review on thr Motorokr S305 Bluetooth stereo headset. They go together perfectly.

I have a love/hate relationship with this phone.

So, I was really excited when I ordered this phone.  Now, not so much.  I've had it about six months and all I can say is, eh.  I liked the flipping part when I first got it.  But now, it just annoys me.  Kids LOVE to play with it, and that's not a good thing for me.  I like the bigger screen.  It's very clear, but the pics on the phone are always dark and blurry.  But I didn't buy this for the camara.  I loke that it has a qwerty keyboard, even if the keys are a little close together, and small.  I HATE how hard it is to switch from symbols and numbers to letters.  Throws me off.  It the buttons are very touchy and I always seem to pick up on calls when they ring in my purse or my pocket so I have people saying "hello?" repeatedly to my thigh or bottom of my purse.  It's really easy to access the internet in your purse too.  It has a keyboard lock function, but it automatically unlocks when a call comes in, and then you have problems.  But it's a nice size, and it fits nicely in my pocket and has a good mp3 player on it.  Also note--there are no fun phone covers for this phone!!!  Someone needs to get on that.  ;)

Good texting and calling phone with plenty of advanced features

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

This phone does everything I need except apps. I like the way it flattens out (the keyboard rotates on a pivot). There is a music storage feature where you can put a mini-storage card in to store music but I have not fully explored that.

I have no problems with it. The screen is a decent size for a non-smart phone. The QWERTY keyboard is helpful. The menus are a little confusing as there are several ways to get to each feature. I am sure I haven't figured them all out yet. Also bearing mention is the camera which is actually quite high quality considering the age of the phone.

Voice Quality
I'm not sure if it's the phone or the carrier (Verizon) but I generally have no problem.s

Battery Life
The battery lasts a long time between charges, even after several years.

This phone has been banged around in a kids backpack and a woman's purse for years. Has stood up to the wear and tear.

Basic features of this phone are very easy. More advanced features require sifting through menus. However, it is not a smart phone so I consider those features a bonus.

I love the pivoting keyboard which allows easy access for texting but pivots flat for sliding the phone into a pocket. Buttons seem to be well placed, though for a "fat-fingered" person, might be a little small.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

The Razzle is a great messaging and music phone for everyone.

from Dundee, MI

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

The Verizon Wireless Razzle is by far the best phone I've ever had. This phone isn't just for talking or txting, it is also great for listening to music. The Razzle is the first phone that I have had with the QWERTY keyboard. The bottom of the phone (the keyboard) spins to make it more comfortable when you are texting. Another great thing about this phone is that one charge last for about 2 days. It is a very popular and amuzing phone, I pull it out and everybody is amazed at how the bottom of it swivels, I personally have incouraged 3 more people to get this phone. However, there are a few cons about this phone. It has no video camera, only a regular camera. It also has rather small keys that take a bit of getting use to. The up and down arrows on the top part of the phone can be accidently pushed very easily. The last setback is the different size ear bud jack at the top of the phone. Other than those few faults the Razzle is a great phone.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Has its ups and downs

from East Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

The built in MP3 player is great there have been plenty of times when I want to listen to some music with no radio or computer around but I always have my phone. The full QWERTY keyboard is nice to have for texting, but the keys are very small which makes it hard to type quickly and I always get hung up when trying to switch to symbols or capital letters since the caps key isn't where it feels like there should be a shift. The biggest problem I have with this phone is how easy it is to accidently answer a call from my pocket. The keyboard locks if the phone is idle for a certain period of time, but if a  call comes in then the keyboard automatically unlocks. Usually by the time I've dug the phone out of my pocket I've already answered the phone and hear a confused sounding "Hello?" coming from the caller. Having the camera is nice, but the pictures that it takes seem to be of lower quality than I expected and I was surprised to find that there is no video capability on this phone, as my previous and much older phone had one.

cute phone

from Thomson, GA

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

I love my razzle! I have had it about two years now and I really don't want to upgrade.  I am the type that isn't ready to go to a blackberry due to the cost.  I love my razzle because it looks updated and cool but doesn't cost alot.  The numbers are small but I have small hands and can manage just fine.  I mainly use my phone for txt and calls.  I really haven't gotten into the music side of this phone yet.  Only downside is that the verizon stores didn't carry it so I had to read reviews and take a chance when I bought it.  The camera is also terrible, but I have another digital camera that I carry with me so that wasn't an issue with me.

Verizon Razzle phone Rocks!

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

The Verizon Razzle phone is fantastic.  Ok, I am not one of those people who have all of the latest gadgets, so if you are looking for a phone who has everything than this phone may not be for you, but I love it.  Both my husband and I have this model and both have enjoyed using it.  I never had texted much until I got this phone - it makes it so easy to text!  Also it is like having an MP3 or IPOD in your phone, you can upload music and pick a play list, etc., it is great when you need music, but don't have anything available.  My daughter loves to take the phone and listen to music on it.  It has picture ability, web ability, etc.  I often set my alarm on it too.  It just has an easy to use menu and just many options that I don't even use.  There are so many useful applications on it, I sometimes forget that I even have those options available.  It is a comfortable size too, great for men or women.

I have a love/hate relationship with this phone.

from Maroa, IL

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

I have had so many issues with this phone

from Lafayette, IN

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

Okay, despite the fact that it is portable and seems to be great for handheld. The buttons are too small, there is no number keys to figure out if you have like 555-HAND what the letters HAND are . There has been a number of times I had to write on my hand the phone numbers and letter pad to figure out what I need to type in. Especially for some places that don't feel it necessary to put the numbers in parenthesis. Even on lock this phone has decided to dial up the mobile web. I had overcharges on it because of this issue. I have had issues with other things as well and because you twist it around it is getting harder to move. It is also moving the back of the battery cover where it is totally destroyed. I really hate this phone.

The Verizon Razzle is the best phone I've owned so far

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

I just received my new phone and love it.  It is a simple feature phone with a QWERTY keyboard and so much more.  While it is capable of browsing the web, sending and receiving email, taking pictures and even playing music, all I wanted was a full key board without paying extra for my service.  This phone fit the bill.  In addition to many of the standard tools (calendar, calculator, etc.) it has removable memory, will store up to 1000 numbers and I can change the screen font to make it larger.  My only concern so far is the battery life.  The first charge lasted not quite a week with average to low usage.  This seems to be less than my old flip phone but good enough for me.

This phone doesnt last long

from Fishersville, VA

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

Dont get this phone. Its a waste of your money. It doesnt last long at all. I have only had my phone maybe a year if that and its already messed up. It always says searching system and its like it freezes there and it doesnt change unless you cut your phone off for a few minutes and then cut it back on. When i went to ntelos about this problem, they said they couldnt fix this brand of phone. Well it came from them, so why cant they fix it? The overall price of the phone for what u get is horrible. The buttons are already sticking and pieces here and there are falling off the phone. So if i were u, i wouldnt waste my money on this phone. It isnt worth it.

I didn't appreciate the way the phone operated.

from Council Bluffs, IA

Comments about UTStarcom - Razzle Cell Phone:

I just don't like the features of the UT Starcom US Cellular phone. It was not the right phone for me. I wanted something with simpler functions. The text messaging was impossible to figure out and I had trouble getting onto the apps.