3.7
US Weekly Magazine

US Weekly Magazine

3.7

Sex, Scandal, and Substance-free! Perfect for gossip

Know what you are getting... **US Weekly** gives you a broad array of pure celebrity dish and trash. That's right. If you want your fill of celebrity gossip, who looks better in what dress, fashion trends, etc then US Weekly is perfect for you.

On my recent stay in the hospital I had every trash magazine known to man. This got me very familiar with US Weekly and also allowed me to compare it to other like magazines.

I have to admit, that I am slightly more partial to People. US Weekly has more pictures, more dish and probably more trash. But it lacks ANY lengthy editorial. They also generally have the same type of content as all other celebrity magazines. (meaning they dont get the story first!)

If you are seeking a pure celebrity gossip read and no substance, go out and buy US Weekly today. If you want gossip with some in-depth articles (albeit not great ones), then go get yourself a People magazine. They both deliver on the gossip front-- just with a different spin.

Is this the magazine paying all of those Paparazzi?

***Bottom-line***: While **US Weekly** is fine for the undemanding and tedious world of the exercise treadmill, I would not read the magazine on continual basis; there is just...Read complete review

***Bottom-line***: While **US Weekly** is fine for the undemanding and tedious world of the exercise treadmill, I would not read the magazine on continual basis; there is just not enough substance.

The New Year brought a new commitment to fitness; Yeah!  But no, this time I'm serious about wanting to shed a few pounds (okay more than a few) and lighten the load on my poor knees.  Of course this mean a copious amount of time on the treadmill shedding those unwanted pound, listening to Christina Aguilera and reading **US Weekly Magazine**, which my gym seems to have an over abundance of to the exclusion of any other periodical.

**My Viewpoint **

I am not usually given to reading entertainment magazines; I would hate to think of myself as a celebrity hound, but **US Weekly** is short on words and long on pictures and advertising; in other words just right for the treadmill machine where my attention is not ripe for reading.  Unlike *Entertainment Weekly*, or even *People*, **US Weekly** does not pretend to be serious, the magazine does not attempt to cloth itself in the veneer of serious journalism.

There are no articles in **US Weekly**, at least not anything that would pass as an article in say *Entertainment Weekly*, or *People*; there are instead picture captions and the occasion short write-up (a paragraph or two) on this star or that, or those stars over there.  **US Weekly** is just a tad more reputable than say *The National Enquirer* or *Star Magazine*, but just barely.

**Concluding Viewpoint **

While **US Weekly** is fine for the undemanding and tedious world of the treadmill, I would not read the magazine on continual basis; there is just not enough substance.  And while I have to admit that (women) celebrities intrigue me, I would rather not read a whole magazine devoted to their every step; **US Weekly **is not for me.

US Weekly: Entertaining but is it News?

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

If you want to just read for fun or to kill some time, then US is for you. I enjoy it because I don't have to concentrate. It's mostly superficial 'news' about people who are famous or rich. It focuses somewhat on fashion and what superstars are wearing or not wearing. My favorite feature in each issue is "Who Wore It Best?" This shows 3 or more pictures of famous people wearing the same outfit or item. A panel of judges has voted and it gives you the outcome in percentage. Like I said, pretty mindless topic but entertaining none the less. In all fairness it has a News section too but it's entertainment to me versus information I need to know. An example of news in US would be who caused the biggest, nearly nude scandal on stage since last issue. I read this magazine for fun and if I happen to find something in it I can learn from, well, that will be ok. For a lot of fun and maybe a useful tidbit, read US.

A guilty pleasure!

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

I have to admit that I was, and still am, an avid gossip magazine reader. I pick up US Weekly Magazine every week to read all of the stories. However, I have found a lot of the stories are fabricated to make them more interesting. If you're looking for a gossip magazine with a bunch of juicy stories and great pictures, this is for you. The stories are very fun to read and it's great for keeping up with celebrity culture.

Stick with *People*!

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

I love celebrity news and gossip (a guilty pleasure, for sure), but I find that US Weekly isn't a credible source at all. I know these are just supposed to be for fun, but I still like there to be some level of credibility with these types of publications.

Also, the articles are a bit boring to read sometimes. Stick with People for your celebrity gossip.

My guilty pleasure, I love this magazine

from Texas City, TEXAS

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

Where else can you get informative articles and your weekly celebrity gossip? This is my favorite pastime magazine on the shelves. I have an online subscription to this magazine in order to either view it online or purchase the magazine. US Weekly magazine is always on top of the latest celebrity gossip and gets great pictures and celebrity statements/interviews. The cover is always exciting and has someone that is currently in the news or headlines. I would not cancel my subscription unless the magazine cannot keep up with the others available. I show the magazine to everyone in my office and recommend subscribing online. I do find that this magazine works harder at getting the facts and not reporting anything that is not true, can't say the same about other magazines similar to this one. Very exciting magazine to read and never gets old to me. One of my favorites. It is cheaper to purchase the online subscription than to purchase them all separately.

Celebrity Gossip

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

If you like to keep up to date on the celebrity gossip and wonder what is new with the stars of your favorite movies and television, this magazine is a great light read and fun to browse.  I like reading it for the star gossip to find out who is dating who and what the in color dress of the week is.  The pages are filled with fashion trends and misses, and of course all the celebrity love news.  This magazine is an easy read, so your mind can escape the business of life.  The con is that it is a gossip magazine so you can't believe everything you read, but it is still fun to be in the know on your favorite celebrities.  The pages also feature reviews of current movies, music and television so you can hear what other readers thought of the newest entertainment.  From cover to cover, you'll be star struck.

Interesting, a slice of life from the other side of life.

from Warner, OK

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

At times it is very intertaining. At others, it is enveloped in a story that has not real end. (Britany Spears legal troubles for instance). It is however interesting to read the more personal stories such as who is a new mom/dad or who was married. Overall, interesting.

Fun to Read

from Columbus, OH

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

This magazine is a great escape from reality.  Pictures are fun to look at and articles have just enough mindless stuff to entertain.  I mean who doesn't want to see what Jessica Simpson bought at Whole Foods or what crazy thing Britney is up to.  Love to read on the treadmill.  Just long enough for a 30 minute workout!  Gotta love it!

Excellent Weekly Entertainment and Gossip Magazine!

from Grantsville, UT

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

This magazine is an entertaining read for those who are curious about what some celebrities are up to on a weekly basis- and it seems there's always SOMETHING outrageous being done by those in the limelight! The articles are interesting- but not life altering... This is a magazine for Pure Entertainment/Celeb. Gossip, only.

Guilty Pleasure

from Midlothian, IL

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

This is a great magazine to read to blow time and find out some gossip. It's especially good to read at the gym while on a treadmill or stationary bike (there are usually some laying around). Sure, there is no real substance or nitty gritty news, but sometimes its nice to take a break and read something just for fun.

This magazine is really fun to look at & to read.

from Georgetown, MA

Comments about US Weekly Magazine:

US Weekly magazine is a fun, light magazine to read.  It is full of celebrity news, which may not be important in the grand scheme of things, but is enjoyable to escape with for a while.  I love seeing the outfits that are being worn around Hollywood.  I also enjoy the funny quotes and the gossipy information.  This is not a magazine to find deep and thoughtful news information, but it is a great escape.