3.3
Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips

Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips

3.3

So many ways

One of the great things about Tyson's - as a company - they have a really good range of products that meet many eating and lifestyle choices. For me, This product: Tyson's Chicken Fajita Strips have played an important role in my life. I am not a complete health fanatic - or too much of Mexican styled foodie but I enjoy things that save me time and money - Tyson's has done both. I don't eat the strips for fajitas at all. I have used these in a spinach and romain salad, they were the perfect fit. They aren't really spicy. They do have some seasoning added but they taste great in a lot of different salads and a few other recipes as well. The are very tender and pleasant, low in fat and calories and high in protein. Making it extremely easy for you to make yourself a hearty salad with plenty of protein minus all the fat. I enjoy them very much.

If you like dark meat mixed with rubber, this is for you.

The deal was good at the local grocery store-- buy one bag of Tyson Fajita Strips and get one free.  The picture on the outside of the Tyson Chicken Fajita bag was delicious enough to eat-- gleaming white chicken breast meat--frozen, ready to heat up.  I tossed two bags in my cart and headed home.

When I opened the first bag, I was shocked to see only a few pieces of white meat.  Glancing at the bag, I compared the picture on the bag to the meat inside-- no comparison.  A large percentage of the meat was dark meat and only a few pieces represented the white chicken strips in the picture.

I had to open the second bag to be able to cook enough edible meat for the five of us.  During the cooking process, I noticed that many of the dark pieces contained fat as well. (See the picture!)

If you compare the Tyson product advertised as "white chicken breast" with the Tyson frozen fajita meat, you'll see that the pictures are nearly identical.  This leads a consumer to believe that the fajita meat contains a majority of white meat.

Not so.

Deceptive advertising, Tyson!

I wrote to Tyson, and they immediately wrote back and apologized for the "quality control mistake" that occured.  They sent me a full refund and a coupon to purchase two more bags.

No thanks, Tyson.  I cashed the check and tossed the coupons.

Gross grey chicken

from MN

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

Just bought these at the grocery store and they are gross. They come out of the bag grey looking with only a couple pieces of white meat. Once I cooked them the dark meat which was at least 70 percent of the bag looked slimy, it was squishy and fatty. I will NEVER buy this again. Its not worth the time saving, you will be much better off to but your own chicken and season it yourself plus it should be cheaper.

This is one of worst products I have ever seen

from New Jersey

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

This product is false advertising. The lovely white meat strips bear no resemblance to the gray colored, sick looking meat inside. I could not even bring myself to cook it : dark gray, fatty, rubbery meat. Unbelievable. I want my $ back and will never buy another Tyson product. YUCK!

Bad dark chicken

from Chicago

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

Tyson why do y'all put a large amount of dark nasty chicken meat in your strips people buy it to eat white meat not dark rubber grease meat I need my money back and people please don't buy it bad meat

Tyson Fajita Strips

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

These chicken strips are great. They save you a lot of time when making a meal with chicken. I use them for chicken fajitas, enchiladas, and chicken Alfredo. If you don't use these chicken strips you can pretty much double your cooking time for these meals.

Delicious frozen chicken strips even if you don't make fajitas!

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

I'm not a fan of fajitas, but I use Tyson's Fajita Chicken Strips when I make Asian Chicken Helper and it is some of the BEST frozen grilled chicken I've ever tasted. Whatever spices they use to make it just tangy ENOUGH without going overboard and the taste of being grilled over charcoal, you can't believe it's FROZEN. Absolutely delicious, exactly what you'd expect from Tyson!

So many ways

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

Spicy chicken strips that have been pre-sliced.

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

I have used these strips in salads many times, and I have been very satisfied each time! This have a great spicy kick without going overboard on the seasonings. I love having them already sliced- perfect for being on the go with minimal time to prepare a healthy meal.

Not just for fajitas!

from Mount Holly, NJ

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

These are great for quick meals. I've diced them and put them in salads, or mixed with rice, pasta, etc.; we've even served them in omelettes.  I work 11 hour shifts so I'm always looking for something fairly healthy that my teenagers can cook up quickly and easily.

Makes cooking easier

from Bolivia, NC

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

I like the idea of these being so easy to use. If you are in a pinch foir time you can pop these out and almost always be able to find a great meal to put together and real quick too. Unfortuantly I am an all natural real meat person and it seems to be very processed and left over parts. It does not have the best taste so it isn't something i wouls use often.

I wish I could still get this product in my area!

from Farmington, NM

Comments about Tyson Chicken Fajita Strips:

I used this product for several years and loved it.  I could just microwave a package on a plate for four minutes, add it to a heated bottled alfredo sauce, pour it over cooked fettuccine and have one my teenage boys' favorite meals.  I can microwave a small plate, top my husband's salad and quick and easy, he's happy with a salad as a meal.

The seasoning is just perfect, the taste is wonderful.  I was always satisfied with the mix of white to dark meat.

This was one of those things I ALWAYS kept on hand in my freezer for quick and easy meals and am so disappointed that I can no longer find it in my area.