Other Baby Cold & Fever Reliefs:
Tylenol
Tylenol Jr. Meltaways

Tylenol Jr. Meltaways

Jr. Tylenol Meltways: Thank you Tylenol, from kids & Moms.

**Tylenol Jr. Tylenol Meltaways**

**Tylenol Jr. Tylenol Meltaways**

Our medicine box stays quite bare and for that I am thankful.  Last year my son had to have outpatient surgery and he was sent home with a prescription for Tylenol with codiene.  While no parent wants their child to be in pain, the idea of giving my 6 year old repeated doses of codiene wasn't a warm feeling either.  I was told that I could also give him Children's Tylenol.  When we filled the prescription for pain meds we spent some time in the over the counter pain reliever aisle looking at children's Tylenol products.  Moms like to avoid the liquids for obvious reasons and the chewables can really be hit or miss from child to child.  We decided to try Jr. Tylenol Meltaways in Bubbleburst flavor.

This Tylenol Jr. medicine is for children ages 6 to 11.

Jr. Tylenol Meltaways:

* fever reducer/ pain reliever

*aspirin free

*ibuprofen free

*160 mg

From the package:

"Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold; flu; headache. Temporarily reduces fever."

Fortunately our son never developed a fever and the pain meds given from the hospital seemed to have quite the staying power.  For his first night we did give him the prescription and from then on we gave him the Jr. Tylenol Meltaways.

Our son had no problem taking the Jr. Tylenol Meltaways.  He liked the flavor.

The Jr. Tylenol Meltaways managed his pain with only 2 doses per day.

**My Viewpoint:**  No one wants to need it, but I would gladly use Jr. Tylenol Meltaways again for pain management in children ages 6 to 11 and my son at least would gladly take it.

Just ok

I bought these for my kids thinking they would like them better than the liquid or chewables. I was wrong! I haven't tried them personally so I don't know if it is the taste or the fact that maybe they don't dissolve quick enough, but neither my 6 year old or my 2 year old will take them. They would both rather just take the liquid. I think when you are sick, to have medicine that is just dissolving in your mouth is just not that appealing. I believe you can chew them but since i haven't tried them, I don't know if that changes the consistency of them or not. From now on I will stick to the the liquid. Might have been a good idea in theory, and maybe for other kids, they are a hit, but in my house they didn't do the job My kids normally like taking chewable vitamins and that sort of thing, but for some reason, these just didn't work. Maybe the flavor needs changed, because normally my kids like the buble gum flavors.

I think if my kids will take them they would be effective

My kids don't like them, they don't seem to dissolve quick enough

Tylenol Meltaways: Effective & Convenient

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

My mother-in-law first introduced me to Jr. Tylenol Meltaways. Being the good grandmother that she is, she always keeps a few in her purse in case one of her grandchildren needs Tylenol when they are with her. They come in pretty handy!

That is the best thing about these Jr. Meltaways in my opinion: their portability. Unlike Tylenol syrup, which would be a pretty sizable and thus, unwelcome addition to handbag, these tablets are small and easy to keep with you without taking up much room.

My children also really loved the sweet fruity taste of these melt-away tabs. I think they thought they were eating candy, which was good, but it could be dangerous so you will want to keep these way out of their reach!

The pain relief is pretty fast-acting, as with most Tylenol products. These are only for older children (ages 6 to 11) so you'll want to pay close attention to the label instructions.

Easy to use children's tylenol

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

My children really like this product because of the flavor and ease of use. They really like the fact that they don't have to chew the Tylenol and have it get stuck in their teeth, they can just let it melt in their mouths. In expensive as well. It seems to work faster then regular chew able Tylenol.

Jr. Tylenol Meltaways for Children Ages 6-11

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

Our home has been a licenced childcare facility for the past 28 years. After 20 years I scaled down my business and now only provide care for school aged children when school is in process. I am licensed for eight children, and one of the medications in my first aid kit is a box of Jr. Tylenol Meltaways.

These are a good product and are intended for children between the ages of 6-11. These kids are at that in between age when you really don't want to give them a whole tylenol pill, and many of them cannot swallow pills, so the meltaways are a perfect choice. Tylenol makes their pain relievers for children in four stages, the Jr. Tylenol is the last stage, or stage 4.

The box contains four blister packs that hold six meltaways each. These are pink in color and are bubble gum flavored so kids love the taste. These measure about 5/8" in diameter and are scored so you can easily cut one in half if you need a lower dose.

Dosage directions are given on the box for how many meltaways to give, according to their weight and age. Each tablet contains 160 mg of acetaminophen, which is a pain reliever and fever reducer. I cannot give any of my childcare children due to the connection with Reye's Syndrome, so I feel these are a good choice when a child is in pain. My kids love the taste (and I have permission forms that my parents have to sign in order to give their child any medication). I recommend Jr. Tylenol if you need to give a child ages 6-11 a pain reliever.

Help reduce a fever and alleviate simple aches and pains

So easy, these dissolve in the mouth. No messy liquids to worry about and no pills to swallow.

Immediacy
These start working quickly, within an hour

Tylenol jr is the one for you

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

Tylenol junior is one of those product that you have to have in your household if you have kids of any age. I should know, I have a 5 year old that was always getting sick, this was the one product that has become a house hold name, my son even knows what time he would need it and reminds me:) This is a life saver of a product, all parents should have this on hand at all times. This tylenl junior is a great product to have, if you have kids that do not take medications easy. It is easy to just disolve in their mouth, and from what my son says, they taste pretty good too. Your always worried about will my kids take this medicine if they are sick, because of the icy taste that some have, but again from what my son said, it tastes just like bubble gum and more like candy. I would highly recommend this to any parent that has kids of any age, go out get a product and ensure that you have some tylenol jr on hand:)

Good Product Great Idea!

from Lake Worth, FL

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

I bought this thinking that it would be easier for me to give to my children. Espically my 7 year old Austistic son. He doesnt do very well with taking medicine. So i figured that it would be something new to try. It was a little more pricy then the store bought brands of pain relieve. I got it home and showed my son, he thought that it was the greatest thing in the world. He exclamed that it tickled his tounge. If it did i dont really know. He loved the bubblegum flavor. He announced to me that it was not medicine it was bubblegum. Within a half an hour his temp was gone. I guess the saying still stands you get what you pay for. Since i was a little worried about the price of the product. I love this product it gives my kids a independent feeling on taking medicine. There is no more fighting no more messes on taking tradtional liquid medicine. And the plus of the product it comes from a company that i know and trust.

Works wonders, i think this is something every mom should have in there medicine cabinet.

Very easy to use. Have had no complaints or problems from my children.

Immediacy
Just a wonderfull product couldnt live with out it.

Jr. Tylenol is the only medicine my son will use.

from Skowhegan, ME

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

***Jr. Tylenol is the best medicine made for children. I wish they would make it for adults! My son always takes this medication when he needs to, he actually likes it which is amazing to me because he absolutly will not take any other medicines. He says it tastes like candy and it melts in his mouth so fast that he always wants more. There are a few down sides to it though like it can be hard to find in the stores and it is rather pricey because there aren't that many in the package. Also my son is now 11 years old so he will need something for older children soon but he absolutly will not swallow pills, it would be nice if they would make the same product for older children too. But it is definitly worth the money that it costs to give my son medicine that he enjoys and is not crying about having to take. I recommend that everyone especially those with fussy children try this product because it does really work excellent.***

Just ok

from Pittsburgh, PA

I think if my kids will take them they would be effective

My kids don't like them, they don't seem to dissolve quick enough

My kids love the bubblegum taste of Jr. Tylenol!

from North Ridgeville, OH

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

When your child is too old for the Infant Tylenol drops, then next step should be the Jr. Tylenol Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Meltaways in Bubblegum flavor. Kids are just not able to swallow a tablet at this age, so this is the perfect thing for them. When my kids aren't feeling good, they sometimes don't feel like chewing up a fever reducer. The meltaways simply melt in their mouth without having the chew them. And they really do work at reducing fevers and taking away aches and pains. I with they made something that tasted this good for adults (hint, hint Johnson & Johnson!) Who wouldn't love their pain reliever to taste like bubblegum. The only drawback is the cost of these pills. There are other generic pills that are similar and much less expensive. If I have to choose when I'm at the store, I will usually go with the cheaper meltaways instead of the more expensive Jr. Tylenol ones.

my kids love this

from Fargo, ND

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

This product is fantastic! Not only dose it have a falvor that is appealing to my kids but they do not have to swallow it! It jsut melts in there mouth! Swallowing pills when you are well is quite the challange so swallowing them when you are sick is even more of a challange. My kids love this medication so much that they ask for it when they are well...I am not sure if that is good or bad :) Tylenol is already a well kwown, well established and well tested drug that is effective to reduce fever and now having it avaliable as a melt and a wonderful flavor is especially appealing since children sometimes have a mind of there own especially when they are sick. There is nothing worse than having to fight with a sick child to take there medicine. But I have no trouble convincing my kids to take a medicine that tastes good and will make them feel better. The one thing is that it is a little pricey when compairing to off brands and or the pill version.

Jr. Tylenol Fever Reducer Pain Relieve Meltaways are great!

from Crescent City, CA

Comments about Tylenol Jr. Meltaways:

Jr. Tylenol Fever Reducer Pain Relieve Meltaways is a wonderful product that makes it very easy to give my children the medicine they need. My kids don't mind chewing up these flavorful tablets when they are under the weather. Often times they'll actually ask for them because they know that they'll make them feel better and they know that Jr. Tylenol Fever Reducer Pain Relieve Meltaways tastes great as well. They are always my first choice when I need a Fever Reducer for my children