Other Baby Cold & Fever Reliefs:
Fever, Pain
Tylenol

FInally! A childrens medicine that my kids actually like!

I have two boys, ages nine and six who, because of their constant interaction with other children, often come down with colds and fevers. We have tried many different brands of fever reducers and pain relievers but could never really find one that wasn't a struggle to get the kids to take. We purchased **Tylenol Children's Fever Reducer & Pain Reliever Oral Suspension, Very Berry Strawberry** because we trust the Tylenol name and the flavor sounded like something the kids would actually be willing to take without me having to beg and bargain with them.

Both of my children were sick with fevers and body aches. My oldest son also complained of a headache. We had children's medicine in the house that we had tried in the past that was either very short acting or bad tasting. My prior attempts to get my sick kids to take medicine that they knew had a horrible taste was one I didn't want to repeat. I went to the drugstore in search of the perfect combination of effectiveness and great taste. After explaining my dilemma to the pharmacist, she quickly directed me to the Children's Tylenol section and recommended **Tylenol Children's Fever Reducer & Pain Reliever Oral Suspension, Very Berry Strawberry**. When I brought the product home and took the medicine out of the box, I made sure that the plastic safely seal was not broken, and then opened the child safety cap. I could immediately smell the berry/strawberry flavor. I smiled knowing that this would be a cinch to get the kids to take. Following the directions on the label, with the top on, I shook the liquid well before pouring out the correct dosages. The recommended dosages are clearly listed on the bottle. The manufacturer states that, if possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age. They also state that, if needed, you can repeat the dose every four hours. They say not to use more than five times in 24 hours. You are heavily cautioned to only use the measuring cup that is enclosed. I approached my eldest son with the dosage cup containing the medicine, knowing I had a monkey see, monkey do situation on my hands. My youngest son was in eyeshot and watched closely to see what Jason would do. He was very skeptical but I assured him this was different! I told him to just smell it! He did and said, "Mmmm, fruity". Remembering all the past bad experiences with medicines, he asked me to have a glass of water ready in case it was "yucky". He took a very cautious sip and then swigged the rest down and said, "Wow, that was really good!" Thankfully, my five year old gave me no problem taking his dose after seeing how Jason reacted. The hard part was done. Now I had to see how effective and long lasting this children's medicine was. Within twenty minutes or so, both children's fevers were down and Jason's headache was gone. They were running around in no time, feeling much better. As the bottle recommended, I did have to give them each another dose very close to that four hour mark. I think it was just about four and a half hours later that I felt they needed it.

I was very pleased with our experience with this product. My children and I did not have to go through the usual bantering back and forth of me saying, "Take your medicine!", and them saying, "No, it smells funny and it is going to taste yucky!" The most important part of all is that the product was effective in combating their symptoms. I do wish that the length of effectiveness was longer but the manufacturer did not claim that it would be, therefore, I really have no complaints.

Very Berry Strawberry Children's Tylenol is Not gluten-free

My children have symptoms of celiac disease and experience terrible abdominal pain if they eat/drink just a small amount of gluten (wheat, rye, barley).

Some companies list their products...Read complete review

Some companies list their products as having gluten or possible gluten contamination or as gluten-free on the packaging, but most don't. Some have a tab on the website labeled something like "allergy information," but I could not find that on the Tylenol website.

To my knowledge, this product is not gluten free (but isn't labeled as such). Only the grape flavor in the children's Tylenol brand is (as of a few months ago).

I will give them credit that when I contacted them about gluten content that they did give me information at the time that grape was gluten free and they sent me some free coupons.

We give medicine like this to our children to help with pain--imagine how hard it is to watch your child cry even more because the pain worsens.

Nothing is simple with celiac disease--it sure would be simpler if I could look on the label rather than contacting the manufacturer of every food/drink/medicine manufacturer if I want to try a new product.

Tylenol Children's | Fast Acting

Comments about Tylenol Children's Fever Reducer & Pain Reliever Oral Suspension, Very Berry Strawberry:

Tylenol Children's Fever Reducer & Pain Reliever Oral Suspension has been in my medicine cabinet ever since my little ones moved up from the Concentrated Infants' Drops. This works really well for both fevers and pain. It is very fast-acting and it only takes a few minutes for children to start to feel relief. I like to keep it on hand because you never know when a headache, leg cramp, or high fever will occur, and it's such a relief to them to be able to treat it right away.

The flavor is good, syrupy sweet, and the kids absolutely love it. However, to me it tastes very artificial which leaves me wondering how healthy it is for them.

I also wish they would make this without dyes. Red food grade dye is one of the worst for kids (or any human) to consume, and we especially don't need these poisons in our childrens' medicines.

So while Tylenol is very effective, I wish they would work on making it a little better for overall health and wellness.

Tylenol is not good for fevers.

from Heidelberg, MS

Tylenol for children does not work at all on my children. They run high fevers and I have never been able to get their fevers down with it. I end up in the ER after the first 2 hours. I cant even wait until the 4 hours is up . I am scared they will have brain damage or something. And there is always a recall on Tylenol brand products.

My kids LOVE taking this

from Bellevue, NE

I have two daughters, ages 4 and 2.  Since my oldest has been small, this has been my go-to product for just about all of her aches, pains, and illnesses.  It was a miracle worker for teething, for fevers, for pains with sore throat or headache.  And the best part about it is, she LOVES the taste.  She even begs for more...which is the only problem I've had with the product.  haha.

My youngest has also used it since she started teething.  She had such a terrible time with the pain and slight fevers when her teeth started coming in, and I would give her a little tylenol at night to give her some relief so she could get some sleep.  She never had to be coaxed to take it either, and would also ask for more of the "yummy candy."  :-)  It seemed to give relief within about 15 minutes.

For anyone with small children, I would highly recommend this product.  It works great, gives very fast relief, and my children love the taste.

It tastes good, and it works

from Lexington, KY

I've always trusted the Tylenol Brand.  It brings a fever down fast and helps with the teething pain my child experiences.  Now, in addition to this, I've finally discovered a flavor of Tylenol that my 4 mo old will take without spitting it back out at me.  I can feel confident that she's getting all of the dosage.  I definitely want to keep this product on hand at all times.

A life saver

from Morgantown, WV

This stuff works great and quickly.  My daughter hates to take any type of medications when she's sick. So after trying almost everything, I decided to try this, and it worked great!  She doesn't fight me when taking it and actually likes the taste.  And with the several flavors it comes it I can change it up.  It's must for a picky child who hates to take anything.

Another flavor of confusion

from Jackson, MI

Ok, we all know the Tylenol name, we all know it works very well, safe and effective when taken as directed, I use it, everyone I know uses it, we all do the alternating with the Motrin and keeping our kids hydrated right, well, same product, just another flavor added, hense more bottle to look at, comes more confusion.  I know your all thinking, yeah, so what its what my kid wants, or I need a new flavor to get him or her to take it, which I am not knocking at all, I do it, but in my own opinion, it distracts from getting the right kind for the right problem, so mistakes are made, either the child is over/underdosed or they get a medicine they dont need...I know, this does not happen to you, but being a nurse, I have seen it ALOT...but hey, I am all for Tylenol, and well, we all love to try new flavors don't we!!

Great tasting--not necessarily a good thing!

from Chicago, IL

I'm not quite sure what else you can say except it's good tasting medicine to reduce fever and pain in a child.  The negative aspect of that is you better keep it under lock and key because if your child manages to open it (which is not as difficult as it seems), he/she WILL drink it because it tastes so good.  The next thing you know, your child may be either in need of a liver transplant or dead.  Just make sure you hide the medicine where there's no way a child can get to it.

what a wonderful drug that have been produce

from Orlando, FL

every mother in this world should keep this produce on hand it great! it relieve  the baby and the mother medcine is great to carry in the baby for the hard time .when my kids started to feel bad i gave them a  drop of this product and in a matter of second they was back to normal ,and it is a good fever reducer and teething tool.

Great smell and taste.

from Adamsville, AL

I have a 3 year old son and I have always used Tylenol brand products with him for fever, teething pain, and cold symptoms. He really likes the flavor of the very, berry strawberry. I never have to fight him to get him to take the medication. It also is effective in reducing fever and pain. It truly helps him rest so much better because the fever and pain are quickly reduced. I have recommended this product to my friends and family time and again.

Great fruity taste

from Harleysville, PA

When I had my first child I was never prepared with pain medication on hand . Now that we have three kids I must always be prepared. My kids love Tylenol, they love the taste and smell. They will not take anything else. One time we were out of Tylenol but I had Motrin on hand, it smelled awful and from what my daughter said, it tasted realy bad too. Not 10 minutes after her taking it she threw it all up, so we stick with yummy tasting and smelling Tylenol in our home.