Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:
Tylenol

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

The Fast acting, get-you-back-on-your-feet, rapid-relief gelcap.

Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps are fast and effective. And they cover a wide array of symptoms, such as headache, nasal congestion, sinus pressure, runny nose and sneezing, and itchy, watery eyes. The Acetaminophen in Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps means it is non drowsy, so you can take it any time during the day, be it at home or at work, or on the road and it won't make you sleepy.

I prefer this product over many of the other brands of Multi-Symptom gelcaps out there because it gets be back on my feet faster and doesn't make me drowsy, so I can continue being a mom to my kids, instead of a sick, sleepy person in the next room. Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcap has a pain reliever, a nasal decongestant and antihistamines. It's the perfect hat-trick for allergies and sinus headaches due to seasonal allergies or inclement weather changes.

Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps are highly effective. They prevent itchy watery eyes and runny noses from sneezing due to allergies, and they help relieve sinus pressure, nasal congestion, and headaches, as I have come to expect from a Tylenol product. When taken during the day, they prevent the reactions to allergens in the air, and allow you to go about your day, without worry of sneezing your head off all day. One dose of this, and you can say goodbye to squirreling tissues away. I personally use this when I cannot get Claratin-D, or when my symptoms go beyond regular allergies. Like when my sinus pressure is causing headaches.

Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps is easy to use. You just take it with water or milk, and then let it work on it's own. It's rapid release so it will work much faster than many other Multi symptom products out there.

Immediacy
Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps are, as the name states, Rapid Release. They start working within the first half hour, to reduce the congestion and headaches associated with sinus pressure, as well as ridding you of itchy watery eyes and runny noses from sneezing due to allergies. Take one Non-drowsy Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcap and be on your way to the rest of your day.

Well, Elimination of One Problem is Better than Nothing

I am fortunate to suffer very few health ailments. One of my very few health issues is allergies, with pollen ranking as my greatest problem. I have some old favorites when it comes to over the counter medicine but recently, I decided to try something new. The drug I selected was **Tylenol Allergy Multi- Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps**, an allergy medication from one of the foremost names in pain relief. **Medicine Commentary:** Tylenol Allergy Multi- Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps are one of my newer defenses against the annoyances caused by allergies. I don't feel the negative effects of allergies very frequently but when I do, I usually turn to over the counter medication to eliminate the problem. My symptoms are not as harsh as some and thus I have no need for a prescription. OTC medicines usually do the trick. I usually reach for Benedryl or some other, similar treatment when allergy symptoms strike, but for this latest bout, I decided to try something new. I have generally had good luck with Tylenol products, so there was no reason to expect this product to be any different. I wasn't expecting perfect relief, but with the Tylenol name on the label, I felt confident that at least some of the symptoms would be eliminated. After taking two doses of Tylenol Allergy Multi- Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps, my opinion of Tylenol has tapered off a little bit. These gelcaps are not terrible, but they do not relieve the symptoms of allergies as well as other medicines. The first thing this medicine did was to thicken the amount of mucous and stop the runny nose, and I could notice a difference in about 45 minutes after taking two capsules. There was no more runniness- only thicker mucous that was eliminated with a good blow of the nose. The medicine seemed adequate in this regard. As far as other symptoms, like stuffy head, sinus pressure, etc., I noticed almost no difference at all. I felt the same pressure as before and almost no difference in nasal irritation and sneezing. These gelcaps also reduce pain, according to the manufacturer. But I cannot judge the effectiveness of the drug in this area because I didn't have any pain to begin with.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Tylenol Allergy Multi- Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps are a medication I won't likely take again. They don't make you drowsy, which is nice, and they are easy to take. But the limited amount of relief makes them inferior to other allergy medicines. I'm glad I at least gave these pills a try, but I will likely stick with more reliable allergy medications in the future.

Awesome product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I have previously and in the past and also currently have purchased and used this Tylenol Allergy Multi Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps and this has got to be my favorite product when I get sick. I tried this product because they were on sale and I was sick and I needed something for my fever, aches and pains and congestion and cough and sore throat and this one product got rid of all of my symptoms. I had to take two every four to six hours but just as soon as my symptoms came back it was time for another dose and they helped me feel better. I am thankful for these pills because they allowed me to go to work and be myself even though I was sick. These Tylenol Allergy Multi Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps work right away. The are rapid release and truly do work very fast. The price of this product is reasonable and worth every dime I paid for it. I would certainly recommend this product to all of my friends and family.

Good for Short Term Allergies

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I normally use another brand of allergy medication, but I really like Tylenol's other gentle on the tummy products so I decided to give their Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps a try.

I liked that they are gel coated so they are easy to swallow. I wasn't impressed with the length of time they lasted though. I found myself having to take two doses to get through the day without itchy, runny eyes and sneezing.

It did clear up my allergy symptoms nicely without leaving me feeling dried out as some other brands do.

I took this with my breakfast and dinner to head off any potential tummy troubles, but it was never an issue with this medication.

I was undecided about the Acetaminophen in the pills since I don't get headaches with my allergies, but it didn't do me any harm, it just didn't do anything good for me either.

Overall, the pills work but they're not ideal for seasonal allergy sufferers who need to take the pills every day for a long period of time since you have to take multiple doses per day. I also think the addition of Acetaminophen in the formula is not ideal for those of us who need to take it daily for weeks on end since it's not good for your system. If you're looking for short term allergy relief this is a good option though.

• Immediacy:

Works well for pain, not as well for allergy symptoms.

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I tried Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps when I was traveling and ran out of my regular allergy medication. I bought a "travel size" pack of these, and they worked well enough, but not well enough to keep me from buying my usual brand. I had a sinus headache at the time, and the Tylenol worked great for that.

This Tylenol Allergy medication worked very well for my headache, pain, and pressure. It worked moderately well for my allergy symptoms (the usual congestion, sneezing, watery/itchy eyes).

The gelcaps are a bit larger than a regular allergy pill, but they're soft and easy to swallow.

Immediacy
Because it is a gel formula instead of a tablet, this medication starts to work pretty quickly because it's already mostly dissolved when it hits your system. My headache was gone within about 30 to 45 minutes, and my allergy symptoms were reduced in about an hour.

• Immediacy:

Works well for relief of seasonal allergies

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I bought this medication because I suffer from seasonal allergies which seem to last for months since I live on Florida. I usually take a prescription medication in the evening, but my doctor recommended taking an over the counter medication for during the day.
I took this medication first thing in the morning and I could feel relief within the hour. It did help with sinus pressure and sneezing. It did not help much with congestion and I felt like it made my nose run even more.
I think this is a good product but was looking for more of an all day relief medication. This medication can be taken every four hours for relief.

This medication works well and quickly, however you do have to continue to take this every four hours or symptoms will return. I noticed that this really helped with sneezing, I would not sneeze nearly as much when taking this medication.

These pills are small and easy to swallow.

Immediacy
I could feel relief after taking this medication in about an hour.

• Immediacy:

Tried Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom, liked it.

from shoreline, CT

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I tried Tyenol Allergy Multi-Symptom, and it worked well. My issue is the Tylenol ingredient, acetaminophen, which is not good for you to take too much of! I know if you can't take aspirin or ibuprofen that this is the product of choice, but beware of the new warnings! Although this product worked for me, I have tried other products because of the active ingredient, acetaminophen. I also have high blood pressure, and I must be aware of the ingredients in any products that I try.

Works well for me. I used this product at the first signs of an allergic reaction to mold, pet dander or environmental allergens. One trick is to NEVER let your allergy get too out of control. I also get migraines, and an allergy problem can quickly lead me into a migraine if not controlled.

If you can swallow a pill, this cant be any easier unless it was a great tasting liquid! They are small enough to to be easily swallowed.

Immediacy
Works within one half of an hour in most cases.

Tylenol Allergy

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

The Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom isn't great, but it works fast! I usually buy the Tylenol sinus medication, but last time I went to get some, they were sold out. I'm a huge fan of Tylenol products, so I looked for another medication to help with my congestion. My nose was so stopped up, my throat felt scratchy, and my eyes were itchy and puffy. The Tylenol Allergy medicine said it would help with all of those symptoms and more, so I was instantly intrigued. I took one, and about 15 minutes later I started to notice a tiny bit of relief. I could breathe through one side of my nose, and my throat wasn't hurting anymore. I thought it would help even more as time went on, but it didn't. I still couldn't breathe through the other side of my nose, and my eyes were still bothering me. I think just regular Tylenol would have helped my throat just as much. So, I don't think this is a great allergy medication, but it is fast acting. Most products take an hour or more to start to work, but most of them work much better.

• Immediacy:

Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Gelcaps Great to Keep on Hand!

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I received a sample of the Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Gelcaps from a sampling program. I was excited to be able to try them because these gelcaps cover a lot of symptoms and the rapid release technology helps the medicine start working quickly. I was very impressed with these gelcaps. I really like how easily they go down, much better than a tablet type of pill. They also start working very quickly. I would recommend trying these gelcaps if you need a multi-symptom pil that will start working almost immediately.

The Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps are very effective at controlling allergy symptoms of sneezing, runny and itchy eyes, runny nose, etc.

These are so easy to use. They are a little on the larger side, but the gelcap makes it easy to swallow. Just take plenty of water with it.

Immediacy
I have noticed these start working within 30 minutes to an hour which is really great when you need quick relief from allergy symptoms.

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I love this product, the name Tylenol has been around for so many years and that tells you it is good. I have always been told if a name has been around for years then you know it has been for a reason, that alone tells me that you can trust the company. I take this whenever my allergies start to act up, this is one of the best over the counter products I have found on the market but they can be hard to find, I hope that they do not take them off the market because I do recommend it.

I love the way this medication goes to work on allergies, sinus problems, nasal congestion and all the other symptoms caused from allergies.

These are in a pack of two and are easy to use, the best part is that they are gel caps that are easy to swallow.

Immediacy
I love that these work and are so fast acting without causing drowsiness and nervousness. The results you will see from using this will amaze you.

• Immediacy:

Works fast and keeps relieving the cold.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

This medication is my favorite for when I have the flu.The ingredients are the best combination to fight flu symptoms.It contains the highest doses of any over the counter medication I have seen.
The relief starts immediately.It is a continual relief until the next dose.The gel caps release the medication slowly.It takes care of symptoms most other medications don't like itching and water eyes.The gel caps are also easier to swallow because they are slippery.

It opens my passages up and helps clear the build up out of my sinuses.That always shortens my cold dramatically.It sometimes makes me feel dragged down and low on energy.That is my only complaint.On the flip side this helps me sleep better.It also reduces the swelling in my sinuses and the uncomfortable feeling that causes.Sometimes I just use this to relieve migraines.It is the best migraine relief I have tried personally.I swear by it.

• Immediacy:

One of the best on the market

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Tylenol Allergy Multi-Symptom Rapid Release Gelcaps:

I have taken Tylenol Allergy Multi-symptom rapid release gelcaps for my allergy sinus relief as well as for minor cold symptoms. They are easy to take, because the gelcaps are small and easy to swallow. They are fast acting as well. Recently, I had to take one of the gelcaps after a visit to my sisters house, she has dogs and cats. I was able to get relief from itchy watery eyes, headache, and sneezing within twenty minutes. I have taken many allergy sinus medications and these are one of a few that doesn't give me that antsy nervous feeling. I have also used it for minor cold symptoms to help dry up the nasal passage way, as well as, provide relief from headache and fever. I find the relief from Tylenol Allergy multi symptom last about four to five hours then you will need to take it again. I would recomend this for someone who has pet allergies and seasonal allergies.