Other Snacks & Cookies:
Candy
Twizzler
Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites

Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites

Childhood Memories Come Alive...

One of my favorite memories as a girl was going to town with my Dad.  He loved licorice and shared that love with me.  Whenever we ran errands he always seemed to have enough time and money to stop and buy a couple packages of **NIBS**.  Back then they were made by Y&S Candies, one of the oldest candy makers in America.  Established in 1845 they were originally called Young & Smylie.  In 1977 Hershey's bought the company and today makes the delicious treat under the Twizzler name.NIBS come in two flavors: **cherry and black licorice**.  Both are delicious but cherry remains my favorite.  My Dad died a few years ago but when I eat **NIBS cherry bites** I can almost see him smile and hear him laughing.  It is much more than a candy.  It is a bridge to my childhood.**Nutritional Info: **Serving Size: 1 package (64 g) Amount Per Serving %DV * Total Calories 220 Calories from Fat 20 Total Fat 2 g 3% Saturated Fat 1 g 5% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 105 mg 4% Total Carbohydrate 50 g 17% Dietary Fiber 0 g 0% Sugars 33 g Protein 1 g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%

Is This Candy Or Is This Plaque?

i can't believe licorice sticks are still an American Classic.

i can't believe licorice sticks are still an American Classic.

Back when I was a kid, we foraged for wild licorice near the freeway. That of course was never a good idea, but we got away with that with no damages to our health.

I never liked the icky  gooey feel of this candy in my mouth. And the discoloration of teeth is a good reason for mother's to say no to licorice.

Historically, licorice was an alternative to tobacco chewing, as a man labored in the fields.  That's a forgotten fact, so the idea may not lead children to usiing tobacco.  I just really hate licorice, even though I used to smoke Camels.

I don't really even consider licorice candy. It's a tabacco.

Twizzler's cherry licorice bites

from Georgia

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

Twizzlers cherry licorice bites are very delicious and easy to devour. They are small bites and fit perfectly in my mouth. I don't have to take more than one bite, which is what I love. I have this as a snack at work a lot of times to keep me from being so hungry. This snack definitely helps to keep me from starving and the taste is great. It is a nice cherry-flavored snack and I definitely recommend it to all my candy lovers. The candy is bite-sized and delicious so I highly recommend it.

Theater favorites

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

These have to be one of all time movie watching favorite snacks. Twizzler NIBS Cherry Licorice Bites taste differently than original twizzlers. Never the less, they are delicious. I love to eat them while watching television or while surfing the net. They are my all time favorite and first pick any time I go to the movie theater. Twizzler NIBS are just the right size too. The are so crave worthy. They have a modest and toned down wild cherry taste that gets me every time. The flavor is not too strong but also not to bland. it is stuck somewhere in the middle. I would recommend these for everyone except small toddlers because they are bits and pieces that can get stuck in a small throat. They are easy to find and are in stock at almost all grocery stores. I would also suggest that you buy them at a store rather than the movie theater. You will save a good amount of money. I am a very satisfied customer and will continue to purchase them for as long as they are available.

Yummy and chewy.

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

Too much chew in a candy is usually annoying, because most of the flavor tends to dissolve whenever you have to chew more. That's where Twizzler NIBS Cherry Licorice Bites stand out from the competition, while they are chewy, every single bit is equally as sweet and delicious as the last. They last a while, so you will feel much more satisfied eating these than downing a whole bag of another type of candy. While they are chewy, they aren't hard, so they are pleasant to eat. The price is reasonable on these licorice bites, and I would definitely recommend them if you like licorice at all!

Twizzler - Cherry Licorice Bites

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

My husband keeps buying a pack of these on his way home from a shop near his work. He presents them to me like he's done me a huge favor but quite honestly, I think he buys them for me to shut me up! They take ages to chew. They're a strange texture - almost plastic like and at times I feel sure I am chewing boot laces! I know it says cherry flavor on the packet but that's not what flavor it is. Never the less, it is sweet and whilst I'm sure there is nothing of nutritional value in them, the chewing factor does, I guess, make my teeth strong! So why do I keep eating them and why are they so moreish? I figured out that chewing these little sweet flavored bites is really quite therapeutic. I chew when I'm on the computer, watching television or doing the washing up. It helps me concentrate and get some focus on my day. Whilst I eat them, I'm not sure I like them enough to buy them for myself, yet if my husband gets them for me, I will eat them till their gone!

Yummy!

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

I am a huge Twizzlers fan, but I love Twizzler NIBS Cherry even more than the original! I like these better because they're easier to eat. You get the Twizzler taste without having to eat a huge Twizzler piece! These are great if you want to have some candy but not a lot of it. They also take longer to get stale, which is great. I also like that they come in a portable bag. I recommend these, especially for going to the movies!

Even better than Twizzlers!

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

These cherry flavored bite sized candies are not the same flavor or texture as regular Twizzlers and they are definitely not really licorice. The candy will definitely get stuck in your teeth but it is worth it. These bits make a great snack an hour later when you can finally free them from your teeth.

yummy

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

I love these little guys. I think they pack way more flavor than regular Twizzlers (which I also love). They have a different flavor than the regular Twizzlers. I like that they are bite size. My only complaint about this snack is that when they get stale they get very hard. If only the pack were resealable

Meh....

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

Twizzlers are candy, I guess...kind of. They're better than the black kind I suppose. They don't really taste like cherry. They're not very sweet compared to other candy. They're not tart. They're just kind of, well, Twizzlers. Kind of hard, kind of chewy, not very sweet, and always the last thing left at the bottom of the trick or treat bag. I guess you're just either a Twizzler person or you're not. At least with the long ones you can use them as a novelty drink straw.

Delicious!

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

The cherry flavored Nibs from Twizzlers hit the nail right on the head. There is now an even more convenient and easy way to snack on multiple pieces of delicious licorice all in one bag. These nibs allow for proper snacking and a complete lack of self control.

Cherry Bites... Yum!

from Saint Charles, MN

Comments about Twizzler - NIBS cherry licorice bites:

I simply love these Twizzlers Cherry Licorice Bites. They are fairly soft, so you just pop one or more in your mouth and they practically melt away! They aren't messy either, and you don't have to worry about anything hanging out of your mouth as you are chewing on it.