Other Video Game Accessories:
Turtle Beach
Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01)

Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01)

Keeping the peace in my home with teenage boys is priceless!

Let me start by saying I am the mother to 2 intense gamer sons. Listening to loud video games blaring all day and into the night was causing so many issues with us all. To think of all the arguments that could have been prevented makes me wish I had bought the Turtle Beach-Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01) sooner!

If you are a mom you know what I am talking about. Gunshots,buildings blowing up,loud music,yelling army men- it does not end. I was thinking of getting these for my sons at Christmas time as gifts. But I decided to give myself a gift and get them on a Tuesday in October! :) Let me tell you Moms out there- the peace and sanity has been restored in the walls of my humble abode! I feel like I parted the seas, when all I really did was ask one of my son's friends what type of head phones to get.

I have never regretted spending about 90 bucks more in my life! Sometimes,,, one of my darlings will "forget" to wear the Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 headset and its a matter of minutes before I "remind" them and all is well in my world! Imagine this,,, I can READ in my living room! READ an actual book, while reclining back with my feet up - Priceless!

There are better alternatives to the Ear Force X11.

While these headsets do serve admirably for their intended purpose, they are being marketed to gamers at an outragious price for not a lot of quality in return. They seem like a huge step up from the headset that is packaged with the Xbox 360 by default, but that is because those dinky little headsets are *beyond* garbage. The truth is the Ear Force X11 is expensive, clunky, hard to set up, has wires trailing everywhere, and offers only average sound compared to other headphones in it's price range. What most console users don't know is that with a simple adaptor or two, which can cost you as little as 50 cents each, you can hook whatever professional headphone set you want into your 360's audio out. On top of that, any old generic 3.5mm > 2.5mm mic jack adaptor will allow you to use ANY mic on the market. You don't even need to buy the adaptor if you decide to grab a cheap cellphone or wireless bluetooth mic meant for mobile devices, as those are usually already in the 2.5mm form factor. Don't be tricked into thinking your only options are these overpriced toys. Go for comfort, style and affordability. Pick your favorite brand and then make it work with adaptors!

Love these!

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

These head sets are the life blood to playing any video game. The sound quality is really good and they're easy to set up, use, and turn off. They can get pretty expensive but they're well worth the money! They come in different colors which I think is pretty cool. Definitely a thumbs up.

Good product, worth its price.

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

The x11 does its job well in giving you decent audio quality for a decent and affordable price. One big plus is that the headset itself is very sturdy and doesn't feel cheap in your hands. It is made to be used for long sessions as it is comfortable. The x11 include the feature that allows you too hear your own voice while on voice chat. The mic itself is high quality, coming with a filter to drown out other noises. The audio quality of other peoples voice is as good as any other headset. This headset allows you too pick up sounds you never noticed through your T.V. speakers, giving you the advantage. One downside I had with this head set is that the cables were too long, mine ended getting coiled and stripped the wire casing. Another downside is that it is not surround sound, meaning there are two speakers in the headset one for each ear cup. The x11 is not the best headset out there, but it is the best for its price.

A great accessory for gaming.

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

The Turtle Beach X11's are extremely comfortable, with many flexible resizing options. The sound quality is great, and you will feel immersed in the game you are playing. The sound controls are easy to use, and very accessible. The microphone has great pickup, and will broadcast your voice clearly to other players. Not as expensive as some other Turtle Beach headsets, and so a great value for the quality.

Great headset for gaming

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

If you are looking to buy a headset that offer amazing sound quality than the turtle beach ear force x11 is for you. This headset is extremely comfortable and the length of the mic allows for excellent voice recognition. The battery life on headset is great for hours of gaming.

Over-rated

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

The turtle beach ear force x11 headset is not a bad headset. However, at the same time it is not brilliant. It is easy to be drawn in by multiple great reviews about this product and many people do in fact rate it highly. But the fact of the matter is that this is an average product. The advantages include; great design, fantastic sound quality and it is easy to set up. The disadvantages include; it is very uncomfortable after 1-2 hours of usage, this is a very un-durable product and breaks very quickly compared to alternatives and it is not worth the money you spend on it (assuming you pay the retail price). As for the microphone part of this product, it is slightly above average. The quality is great, but again, it has durability issues and can become damaged fairly quickly after standard usage. Overall, the x11 headset is an average product. I would not recommend it to buy, but if you can get it cheap, it is a good first headset to buy.

good product

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

This headset really improved my gaming skills by letting me hear the game through the headphones. I really do not recommend turtle beaches but this one was really good, it was very comfortable, easy to use and had a nice mic. most turtle beaches are not durable they are very easy to break, but this one seemed it would never break it lasted me about two years then it slowly gave up. They do not make this product anymore but f you can get your hands on one i highly recommend getting it.

good gaming head ware

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

I got this headset to increase my call of duty gaming experience, and i must say, i was not disappointed. The sound quality was great, and it wasn't uncomfortable, the only thing that i disliked about the product was the batteries died way t fast. I had to replace them once every couple of days

Great head set

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

This is what every gamer needs. A way to hear the game but not be blasting it through the tv in the middle of the night. You can hear the sound of the game perfectly through these. Also you can adjust chat volume, so you can hear both the game and your friends while playing! Great product at a reasonable price.

Love Turtle Beach

from Sand Springs, OK

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

This is one of two Turtle Beach headsets that I own. This is my first pair that I owned as I have since upgraded to a wireless pair. This particular pair is awesome. The surround sound brings your video gaming experience to life as you can hear everything that is going on in your game. For example, one game I play is a military shooting game. I can now hear foot steps of people running up behind me that I could not always hear before through my television speakers. I have also used these to watch movies and not have sound coming out of the television speakers. The comfort of these is okay. My only complaint about these headphones is the amount of wires that must be used to connect them to your gaming console or television. The wires do run everywhere and can be a tripping hazard depending on your setup. Otherwise, these headphones are great and I would recommend them to anyone.

Xbox 360 headphones

Comments about Turtle Beach - Ear Force X11 Headset (TBS-2155-01):

This product was good until my son dropped them from his bed and then the speaker part no longer worked. It was not a large fall and it did land on carpet, so was a little upset they broke so easily, for what you pay for them. The cord is very long so he was able to be across his room from his tv and sitting in his bed, unfortunatly that is also the reason they fell off his bed because the cord was wrapped around his leg. We have since purchased the cordless version of these headphones because he did really like them until they broke. My only real complaint about these type of headphones is that the person wearing them to not realize how loud they are when talking into them during game play, so the entire house hears half of the conversation. I also worry about what it might do to his hearing in general since if in the room you can hear people talking on the other end.