Other Digestion Medicines:

Tums Smooth Dissolve Antacid

Tums Smooth Dissolve: Not Quite Like a Cough Drop, but Effective

from Houston, TX

Comments about Tums Smooth Dissolve Antacid:

Heartburn and acid indigestion are common ailments that most everyone experiences at some point. These and other stomach problems can cause annoying discomfort, but the good thing is that there are plenty of over the counter remedies to alleviate the pain and irritation. One such medicine is **Tums Smooth Dissolve**, an antacid product from one of the most popular names in stomach relief.  **Antacid Commentary:** Tums Smooth Dissolve helps relieve problems like heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach, and other temporary stomach- related illness. The manufacturer recommends taking two to four tablets at a time as symptoms occur. Depending on the severity of the pain, some people may need only one or two tablets; others may need up to four. The recommended maximum dosage in a twenty- four hour period is ten tablets. Tums Smooth Dissolve is a variation on the popular Tums EX product and it takes a familiar product and alters it slightly to make it easier to take. One of the things that has always bothered me about regular Tums tablets was the tendency for bits of the antacid to get stuck in one's teeth. With a name like "Smooth Dissolve", I predicted that this tablet would be more like a cough drop and would dissolve in the mouth without any chewing. Once I tried Tums Smooth Dissolve, I discovered that Tums Smooth Dissolve isn't quite the product I expected. It is an effective antacid, but it isn't the type of tablet I thought it would be. The texture isn't like a cough drop- it is a chalky tablet like regular Tums but softer. The tablet is also a little wider and flatter. This softness makes it dissolve in your mouth slowly. However, it doesn't dissolve away completely on its own, like its name suggests. You still need to chew the tablet up. But the nice thing is that it doesn't leave behind the bits of chalky residue in your teeth like regular Tums. It dissolves cleaner. Besides effectively eliminating heartburn, acid indigestion, and other stomach ailments, this product also has the added benefit of providing additional calcium in your diet. Each tablet contains 750 mg of calcium carbonate, which is actually a very significant amount of this much needed mineral. In fact, Tums even recommends taking this product as a calcium supplement to maintain healthy bones and as a preventative measure against development of osteoporosis and other similar diseases. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Tums Smooth Dissolve offers an effective treatment against acid indigestion, heartburn, and other related temporary ailments. It is just as effective as Tums EX and it does offer quick relief for stomach pains in the form of a softer, easy to take tablet. It isn't the perfect tablet I thought it might be, but it is still an effective antacid and it earns an easy recommendation.

Tums Smooth Dissolve is a step above the rest

from North Port, FL

Comments about Tums Smooth Dissolve Antacid:

Tums Quick Resolve is a step above other antacids.  It doesnt have that chalky feeling.  I could also not get most antacids down when I was pregnant.  My husband also preferred this product when I started buying it.  If normal antacids are not worth the awful taste and feeling, I recommend trying this one!

goes down smoothly

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Tums Smooth Dissolve Antacid:

Tums Smooth dissolve is a life saver for those of us who hate chewing chalky tasting heartburn relief. What I like most is that they are convienent because they come in a small pack like a pack of gum. They fit in your purse instead of a big clunky bottle. You can take them on the go for whenever heartburn might strike. You simply put it on your tongue or in your mouth and they quickly dissolve without giving you that nasty chalky taste. I dine quite frequently so I carry them with me everywhere. Tums smooth dissolve does exactly what it says it does. Dissolves quickly. It also provides an extra dose of calcium which helps older women fight bone loss and helps get rid of heartburn fast. They also come in a variety of flavors which makes life more interesting. If you haven't tried Tums smooth dissolve, put it on your "to do" list. Trust me, your stomach will thank you for it. Tums smooth dissolve, heartburn gone in a flash and calcium for your bones.

I love this stuff and it works great for my family.

from Long Grove, IA

Comments about Tums Smooth Dissolve Antacid:

When it comes to taking a antacid I have found the best out there.  I hate the chalky taste of regular antacids but this one makes it alot better.  With the smooth disolve the powder disolved so fast that there is almost no taste left in your mouth.  I feel like this medicin gets rid of my heartburn fairly effencently.  I believe I have acid reflux but am not sure so when I take a Tums I am usually hurting pretty badly.  The Tums takes care of the problem amost right away and if I need to take a second Tums I either need it right away or i do not need it for most of the day.  I guess that all depends on what is causing the heartburn.