4.1
Other Condiments:
Sugar Substitute

4.1

Truvia is my favorite sugar substitute!

I love Truvia. I always keep a container of Truvia packets by my Keurig Coffeemaker. I also use it on my cereal and oatmeal. I also sweeten all my fruit with Truvia. I make my peach or berry cobblers with Truvia. I also put it on my Grapefruit. It has the look and taste of real sugar. To me it does not even compare to Splenda or Equal. Truvia is a natural sweetner. Truvia is made from the Stevia plant. The leaves are steeped and that is where the sweetness comes from. It is a calorie-free sweetner and is also a low carbohydrate. Therefore it is a great sweetner alternative for those with diabetes. It is also kosher and certified. One packet is equal to two teaspoons of sugar. I usually purchase the box of 80 packets.

I have tried all the artificial sweetners and did not like any of them. I decided to try Truvia as it was all natural from the stevia plant. I have not been disappointed. It is so close to sugar. I just wish they made it in a large bag. I have only been able to buy it in individual packets.

Icky, Bitter Aftertaste

**Truvia zero calorie sweetener has one plus going for it: it's not toxic and deadly like aspartame.  Aside form that, there's not mush else to recommend this product.  It takes about 6 packets before your tea or coffee is even sweet, and then you get the nasty, bitter aftertaste that makes it seem like you went outside and chewed on a tree branch.  Not pleasant.  I do appreciate that this product is healthy, but now I'm stuck with a big box I will never use.  Sigh.**

Truvia is a great sugar alternative

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Truvia:

I switched to using Truvia for my morning coffee about 6 months ago because I wanted to go with something more natural that wasn't sugar. I realized my coffee would give me headaches, and after switching, those are gone. I have read many reports that it may have been the sweeteners, not the coffee causing this. If you use artificial sweeteners often, you will notice this taste is quite a bit different. It isn't as sweet and it will take some getting used to. However, if you stick with it, you will probably like it. I have become so used to it, others like aspartame and saccharin taste too sweet and artificial for me. It just isn't a taste I go for. I did read that some people experience a slight lactose intolerance with Truvia, so beware beforehand. I don't think I have noticed any signs of this for me, however. I would recommend to anyone to try Truvia if you're trying to stay away from processed and refined sugar.

Would tell others about this product. Have used this for years.

Comments about Truvia:

My family have used Truvia for years. I have used other substitues before and always have strong aftertaste. When you add the right amount of Truvia you get a great taste. I use it in my coffee daily and for our teas. I also bake and put it on our fresh fruit. Ive noticed the truvia in the little canister has a more vanilla smell/ taste to it. I like that I can still enjoy something sweet with out using real sugar and adding pounds to my body. Ive never experienced any side effects from Truvia. There are great recipes on the internet. Some you may find a little different but it takes time going from real sugar to a sugar substitute. Remember not to over use it or it will have an odd taste. Start small then add gradually. I personally use one to one and half packets in my iced coffee. When we make a pitcher of tea I use 4 packets . My hubby doesnt like it overly sweet. Great product.

Truvia Is Amazing But Only In Cold Or Room Temperature Products

Comments about Truvia:

I wanted to use a product that tasted the same as sugar but with no calories, and as natural as possible . When I tried Truvia it was delicious and WOW with NO calories!! I figured this is crazy how can something calorie free taste this good. I started putting it on everything!! yogurt, fruit, smoothies you name it, I put it on . everything tasted delicious
until I put it in coffee. I thought am i crazy? did i put bad cream or milk in my coffee?? NO it wasn't that at all. I finally figured out that it only tastes good in cold or room temperature products. So if you have tried it in hot coffee or hot tea and then threw it away give it another chance please!! You wont regret it!! Truvia will change your life and your waistline!! It has for me

Favorite sugar substitute!

Comments about Truvia:

Truvia is my favorite sugar substitute by far! I love sweets, and I love sugar, but I do not love the added calories! I eat lots of foods with sugar (and added calories from sugar) in them, but truvia is a way to reduce my calories at least a little bit each and every time I use it. I do not notice an aftertaste with truvia, either, as I have with many other artificial sweeteners that I have tried. I most like to use truvia in my coffee. I have actually come to prefer using truvia in my coffee over regular sugar! Truvia is somewhat expensive, especially if you use it as much as I do, but I think it is worth the price. I probably save a good 100 calories per day using truvia just in my coffee each day (I tend to use a lot of sugar in my coffee) - that adds up to 700 calories per week saved with no deprivation and no exercise! I have also used truvia on strawberries, which is also very yummy:) Overall, I would recommend truvia to anyone looking for a good sugar substitute with no after taste. To save money on truvia, look for coupons (sometimes included in the product) and compare prices! Sweet!

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Truvia:

Artifical sweeteners are something I have to use, don't want the extra calories, but did not like all the chemicals. Stevia is a natural plant sweetener without the calories of sugar. When I found Truvia, my prayers were answered. IF there are artifical chemicals in there, they can't be as horrid as other artificial sweeteners. Truvia does not leave a nasty after taste in my mounth and it does not seem to breakdown when heated. I would think that if you had a medical condition where you could not have sugar (diabetic) that this would be a much better alternative than artifical sweeteners also. It is too bad that companies do not use this as a sweetener in their products. Probably price is an issue for them. It is more expensive than artifical sweeteners, but you get what you pay for...and your healthi is worth payring more! Truvia comes in individual packets and it comes in bulk so it can be used in baking. It can also be found in major grocery stores so you don't have to shop around the specialty stores to find it.

Bad aftertaste from Truvia

Comments about Truvia:

For me Truvia left a aftertaste I did not like. I cannot describe the taste. It put me off enough that I went back to 1 tsp of sugar for my coffee in the morning. I would not recommend this product to anyone I know.

A great natural sweetener

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Truvia:

I always try to avoid artificial sweeteners but some of the natural sweeteners on the market weren't my cup of tea either. I decided to try Truvia a natural sweetener derived from real sugar and was pleasantly surprised. I use it on my morning grapefruit most mornings and it's wonderful. No horrible aftertaste and the consistency is better than other natural sweeteners. It's not just a powder, it's flake like making it look more like sugar.

Over hyped and not up to the standard assumed.

Comments about Truvia:

I bought this as it looked the right things for me. I was sorely disappointed. It really does not taste good at all. One pack barely sweetens anything. the aftertaste is horrid. Rather than waste it, I mixed it in with my Splenda, which comes from natural sugar is is harmless. (I"m married to a chemist who knows these things.) I will not be buying anymore of this.

Truvia is my favorite sugar substitute!

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Truvia:

this truvia sweetener is awesome

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Truvia:

**Before i have tried truvia i was using sweet n low, in my coffee and everything, now since i have tried truvia NEVER AGAIN am i going back to artifical sweeteners... i love the way truvia tastes no aftertaste and it tastes amazing.. the only thing that is a downfall is with sweet n low it takes 3 packets for my coffee to be sweet, now using truvia i have to use 4 or five of truvia to make my coffee taste good, but overall i will reccommend to others**