Other Misc. Grocery Items:

from Orlando, FL

Pros

Cons

Comments about Truvia Natural Sweetener:

I must start off by saying that I have a raging sweet tooth that leads to a sugar addiction weekly. I usually add sugar when I make sweet cream corn, baked beans, any kind of tea, and lemonade. I signed up to receive a truvia sweetener sample from their website. I tried it today in some peppermint tea that I made. To my surprise, it taste just as good as if I had added sugar or honey. It was not to sweet, but just right. I received a coupon along with this sample and plan on buying more. This is truly a natural sweetener life savor. Best of all, it is calorie free. Use it for you tea, lemonade, fruit, cereal, yogurt, anything that you add sugar to.

"Truvía® natural sweetener Product Review" Delicious!

from In Upstate, NY

Pros

Cons

Comments about Truvia Natural Sweetener:

"Truvía® natural sweetener Product Review"
              I recently received a sample of Truvia complimentary to test through Influenster’s VoxBox program. I was pleasantly surprised! It was very good . It had a naturally sweet taste and was much better than artificial sweeteners that I have used in the past. I tried it in coffee, tea, and also on my oatmeal. My daughter put it on her morning cereal and my husband tried it on grapefruit. I also like the texture which is more like granular white sugar than artificial sweetners are. I will definitely purchase Truvia!

Truvia and stevia, not like sugar

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Truvia Natural Sweetener:

Truvia or stevia is definitely disappointing if you expect it to cook and taste like sugar. It is more difficult to melt, taste less delicious than anything with sugar. I tried with chocolate ganache, chocolate with cream, missing is the taste of the wholesome richness of chocolate, cream, and common sugar. Yes, there is a slight after taste. If you really need to substitute sugar, or do not wish to pay with more calories, Truvia and stevia may be wonderful. Otherwise, limit your sweets and enjoy cooking with sugar.

Not Bitter in Coffee

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about Truvia Natural Sweetener:

This sweetner isn't made with the artificial sweetner chemicals that are reported to be unhealthy (although the jury is still out on stevia).  Truvia has zero calories and is not bitter like other forms of stevia.  The packet size is perfect for a mug of coffee.  We use it regularly and have not experienced any gastro side effects as with Xylitol.

For baking, you can purchase Truvia that is not individual packets, although I would not use this in regular baking.  No reason, just won't.  No one in our home is obese or diabetic.  If I'm going to prepare "TREATS" such as cake, cookies,pie etc.  I may as well use regular sugar.

Maybe someday I will be adventuresome and try baking with it.

It ofen is on sale, so I bulk up on it when the price is right.  It is far more pricey than other sweeteners.

Healthy and Delicous

from Old Forge, PA

Comments about Truvia Natural Sweetener:

Truvia is a healthy sweetner that comes from a plant. It has a very smooth and pleasant flavor. It's completely natural, but leaves no aftertaste. Its a little high in price, but I think its worth every penny for not having to eat any chemicals. It's zero calories, so you can use it on fruit, cereal, coffee or anything that you would use sugar in.  I love this product and would highly recommend.