2.2
Other Dating Websites:
True.com

True.com

2.2

One of the best sites to go to if looking for someone special...

I wasnt a firm believer in any of the dating sites online until I met that special someone almost 2 years ago.  We are now living together for the past 8 months and all is going very well so far.  So guess I am trying to tell you not to brush off any dating sites until you give them a good try.  In my opinion, they do work if you give them a chance and the time and patience to do what they are there to do, "find that special someone for you to love and spend your life with".

This website is a joke. An absolute joke!

This website offers nothing in the way of match making unless of course you are looking to do nothing more than chat or IM with girls in Ghana Africa or the UK. I originally only set up there with a 3 day trial membership. The confirmation e-mail said I had until the 27th to cancell and when I went on the 26th to cancell the date had changed. So I was then billed almost $50 for a month long membership to a site with no real chance of meeting anybody in my state, let alone the country. I made contact with about 10 people all of which had a profile that said they lived in my area, but turned out they were all overseas and wanted me to pay to join a webcam service. Do yourself a favor and find a different website to join. Do not pay these people a single dime, or even bother with thier "free trial".

Didn't really like it.

from Canton, OH

Comments about True.com:

I tried True.com because they said that for the first 3 days it was free. In actuality they take the payment out of your account right when you sign up so I had to call the 800 number. Aside from that they send you "messages" that supposedly an "admirer" has sent to you, however everytime I'd check it out no such email existed! When I was about to cancel they said that I had 20 "unread messages", not true! It also states that you can talk to people in a chat room it never let me.

This website is a joke. An absolute joke!

from Littleton, CO

Comments about True.com:

Liars and swindlers--and that's putting it nicely

from Norristown, PA

Comments about True.com:

Anything critical you've read about True.com--here or in the many other websites where it's been criticized--is not only accurate, it's understating the case.  Their fees are dishonest and exorbitant, their customer service is misleading, and their claims are totally bogus.  I got an email from them and clicked a link by accident--and as a result, I'm out not only the $49.95 fee, but nearly $10 more in so-called charges that strike me as felonious.  I never thought I'd see an organization that makes me appreciate other dating sites like Match.com, but here it is.  I'm just sorry for the poor people paying way too much for it who think their lives will be improved through True's shoddiness and deceit.

In short, stay away from True.com--run, don't walk!

Lies to their customers.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about True.com:

I've been on true.com for about a little less than a month now. At first I enjoyed it. It helps you build your profile to find "compatible" matches, you get to take little quizzes about yourself, which I loved. But I noticed something about the other members were . . . off. In your profile you can specify what kind of women/men you prefer. You can also look at who has browsed your profile, and who as sent you a "wink" from the wink feature. I found it funny how men who specified, very clearly, in their profile and "What they're looking for" section they didn't want African American, or larger women, were sending me constant winks and looking at my profile. I mean why would you browse someone you clearly aren't interested in? There's curiosity, but there's limits to when it becomes strange, or "iffy." I would be getting constant winks from men beyond their 40s and 50s. Which some men are into that. But not all. I always wondered if something were up, because I have confidence, but I also have common sense, and some of those men that were showing interest wouldn't realistically, spare a passing glance. They were realistic photos and real men, but ones who would never take interest of me. I didn't really take heed until today, when I looked in my box and saw that I had a wink from someone that previously winked before already, and a wink from someone who true.com claimed "winked back at me" when I am positive I have never even seen this persons profile. I did some googling and you should too. And that was all the proof I needed. True. com is a scam that provides a false sense of security/confidence to their customers, and I cannot believe they would ask people to give them money, just so they can lie to them. They send involuntary winks from real people's profiles, and some that are from clearly fake/bot profiles. And that makes me wonder how many I have involuntary sent myself. As soon as I finish this review I am closing my account with true.com and making sure they never flood my inbox again, which is another downside to their site along with their lies. Even if it is only because I am using the free version, it isn't right to lie.

This can be scary

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about True.com:

This site does seem to be free for the most part. It does tell you if you go into the chat rooms that there may be people there that have not been screened. I am not so sure this site screens anyone, so be very careful. Also they seem to send people "winks" and such at random. Don't be suprized if someone you have never even noticed on the site sends you a reply. It also tells you that you can email for free, but I'm not so sure that works right either.

True.com does seem to be one of the few sites though that you can actually recieve some mail from the people without paying a fee. I am not sure what the difference is exactly between non paying and paying members. It doesn't have something that jumps right out at you to tell you like so many of the other dating sites.

If you don't wanna pay don't play

from Lansing, MI

Comments about True.com:

True.com wants you to think they are a great dating service. They tease you by showing you nice pictures of hot guys who may not even exist. And to top it all off just remember nothing is free. You must pay for a membership to even be able to correspond with anyone. My words of advice- Singlesnet.com is the best. Stay away from true.

Nothing good about True

from Brownwood, Texas

Comments about True.com:

I tried this site to see if I could find the one, but what a surprise I didn't. The so called free-trials are crap. When on the free trial, it really didnt help any. Your bettter off going out and meeting people at a bar, at least there you can get a free drink.

False advertising

from Harper Woods, MI

Comments about True.com:

I had heard that it was a great site to try.  Since it is always the same people on all the sites, I thought I would try it for some variety.  You can get a 3 day free trial, but only if you give them your credit card information.  I've also had pictures pending for several days, with no reason as to why there is a delay.  If you receive an email, there is an option to email back for free.  Again, if you select that it makes you enter your cc information before you can even have the 3 "free" days.  Finally, I've received emails claiming that they have had problems on the site and giving me free time.  When I try to use it, you guessed it, it asks for cc information.

bad site, a ripoff

from Bayonne, NJ

Comments about True.com:

they are a ripoff. its a three day free trial.if you forget to cancel they charge you 49.99 for a site that doesnt do much to begin with.a reminder email would have been nice to get. most sites offer a week trial.RIP OFFdo not join this site if you want a site to write people and want to contact them.

The Best Site I Have Ever Been On!!!!!!!

from Washington, DC

Comments about True.com:

When i set up my profile on this site i never thought in a million years i would find the sweetest guy i ever known. i really think that he is the one. TRUE.COM really help you with finding the man or woman of your dreams. i wasn't on the site for too long before i found  my man. i will recommend this site to all my singe friends. TRUE.COM really set you up with that PERFECT match.