3.9
Troy-Bilt
Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer

Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer

3.9

Pros

• Comfortable grip (4)
  • Easy to use (4)
  • Lightweight (4)
  • Solid construction (3)

• Lawn maintenance (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid gardener (3)

Great Edger easy to maneuver, Light and leaves a clean cut!

from Las Vegas, Nv

About Me Avid Gardener

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
  • Easy To Use
  • Lightweight
  • Solid Construction

• Gardening

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

The Troy Bilt TB22 has officially replaced my electric edger, I am very happy with it! The TB22 was fairly easy to put together It took me around 5 minutes to assemble, you will need is a flat head screwdriver. I found the simplest way to add it's TrueFule mixture is by propping it on its side. This TB22 is a pretty powerful edger compared to my electric edger. It has a 17" swat that beautifully edged my lawn & weeds, its perfect for my needs manicuring the front and backyard. It weighs around 10lbs and when I'm holding it with both hands it counterbalances and feels pretty light compared to my old trimmer. It's easy to hold and maneuver comfortably and great trimming around the sidewalk. I did have a little trouble getting it started at first but that was my mistake. After reading the directions located directly on the machine motor I got it up and running with no problem & haven't had an issue starting it up since. I love that it has the ability to use other tool attachments like the Hedge Trimmer & Straight Shaft Broom, You can adjust the handle to your comfort. I was desperately in need of a new trimmer and This Troy Bilt TB22 Curved Shaft String Trimmer was a perfect fit I am very thankful of @TroyBilt for giving me the TB22 for free In exchange for my honest and unbias review. #Produt #Review @TroyBilt!

Good at the price point

from North Carolina

About Me Avid Gardener

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
    • Easy To Use
    • Lightweight

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

While this weed eater gets the job done, the construction is a bit flimsy and I don't see it lasting past a few seasons. Troybilt does have attachments that can be added to the trimmer, which is a plus and it is lightweight and comfortable to hold.
      The line bump head did not consistently work without some fiddling.
      All in all, it's a good trimmer for a first time user, but don't expect it to last longer than a few seasons.

this product is amazing

from Wynne, AR

About Me Avid Gardener

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
      • Easy To Use
      • Lightweight
      • Solid Construction
      • Weather Resistant

• Gardening

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

I have never used a trimmer that worked so well. I love that you can buy additional attachments as well. the leaf blower attachment works great also. I would definitely recommend troy bilt over and over again. great durable trimmer.

Awesome Product!

from Summerville, Ga

About Me Getting Started

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
        • Easy To Use
        • Lightweight
        • Solid Construction
        • Weather Resistant

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

I love this product, I use it to trim the weeds around my home and building. Also trim the weeds in the flower bed. Its lightweight and very easy to use. Cranks right up with no problems, runs great and gets the job done.

Good value, great product.

from Westwego, LA

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

This is a good trimmer for the DIYer who has average trimming needs. We bought this because of a promotion where we got the edger for free. I use this trimmer weekly to trim along a fence-line, as well as under the house and boat. My husband edges along our concrete driveway once a month using the edger. I have no issues with the trimmer, it works great, my only issue is with the curved head, next time I would get a straight head just because of my particular needs(trimming grass under a parked boat.)

This trimmer is absolute garbage!

from Murrieta, CA

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

This trimmer is the most disappointing I have ever purchased. It takes a very long time to start when primed, even when following the directions. (5 to 10 minutes) When it finally starts, the motor is extremely loud and unit is heavier than comparable models. It would cause a backache for someone who is not strong. The string either cuts off after only a couple minutes of use, or else gets tangled with weeds or itself. I highly recommend purchasing something else. Ohhhhh, how I wish I had my old-fashioned "corded" trimmer that lasted for 12 years before finally dying of old age.

Durable and versatile trimmer.

from Kenmore, WA

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

I've had experience with corded trimmer before and I didn't like them. So I decided to purchase this gas trimmer because it was relatively inexpensive and yet gave me some options. The assembly was quick and easy. Getting the right mix of gas was also easy enought per instructions. The handle is positioned just right and the weight of the total trimmer is not taxing on the body. If need be, a shoulder strap can be purchased separately. The trimmer itself is adequate for most trimming jobs around the yard. It is a 2-cycle trimmer so it can be easily started. It started on the first pull. There is an optional key starter that can be purchased if the pulling start doesn't agree with someone's body. I like the options to separate the trimmer head and attach different heads like a small chainsaw or blower. Overall, it's a small and effective alternative to most expensive trimmers out there. It just gets the job done.

Troy-Bilt 2-Cycle Trimmer is great for edging!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Troy-Bilt TB21 EC 2-Cycle Trimmer:

Shortly after purchasing my Troy-Bilt Self-Propelled Lawn Mower and fell in love with the brand, I ended up buying this trimmer to take care of the edging around my home. This trimmer works well and is extremely easy to use. It has a very comfortabl design to it that allows you to do your house & fence edging without breaking a sweat.

**Pros:**

Very powerful motor allows for quick cuts and not having to go over an area more than once.

There is a plastic guard/guide that keeps your cuts where you want them and helps you from hitting your fence or house thus extending the life of your string.

Doesn't require a lot of effort to get it started.

Comes with a comfortable shoulder strap that keeps the weight distributed correctly so you don't have to use any effort in keeping the trimmer at the perfect angle.

I can trim around my entire house & along the fence twice on 1 "tank of gas/oil mix".

Not too expensive for what it is and from a great brand!

**Cons:**

I honestly can't think of any at this time. I love this trimmer!

**Overall:**

The Troy-Bilt 2-Cycle Trimmer is a must have for your home and all your trimming/edging needs.