Other Sodas & Beverages:
Tropicana
Tropicana - Trop 50

Tropicana - Trop 50

Cons

Juice with half the sugar but don't expect too much!

The hubster is diabetic and can't drink orange juice unless he's having low blood sugar issues or it's watered down...a lot. Trop 50 is the watered down version. As long as you realize that when you buy it and try it, you won't be too disappointed. It's not a bad version of orange juice, don't get me wrong. It's just that you have to realize that there is a demand out there for orange juice with less sugar for diabetics or those on sugar restricted diets. Tropicana finally heard the demand and came out with what they thought was the best version possible. It's sweetened with PureVia (derived from the Stevia plant) and better than other "healthy" or "less sugar" orange juices out there. I've heard it compared to Tang but this in no way tastes like it. This is much better. Since it is still made from the juice of real oranges, this is the best low sugar orange juice you can find in your local supermarket. But it can also be a little pricey. My advice: wait until it goes on sale and find a coupon (there's always one out there) and stock up until the next sale. it's the best heart healthy, low sugar natural orange juice out there.

Trop50 is 50% less sugar, 50% less calories, 50% less juice...

If you read the back (sadly, I did not, because I was distracted by the pretty bottle), you'll notice that it says "42% Juice" and that this "juice beverage" is mostly water. So... basically... you can recreate this drink with regular orange juice, water, and a multivitamin.

Also, it tastes funny.

PHYISICALLY SICK.

from shropshire

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• repulsive

Cons

• Bad Flavor

• Whenever

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

I brought this horrible drink today as it is very hot and I want something cool. I love Tropicana drinks, however this 50 less sugar situation has made me physically sick. The taste is absolutely disgusting. I would never drink this again. I get they have tried to make it healthier because there is like 14 tsps in the original but no need to make it taste like that. I don't even know how to describe the taste I had a few gulps and chucked it in the bin, doesn't even deserve to be recycle haha. I advise if you feel like you need to throw up then drink this and Im sure it will work.

Flavored water

from Williamsburg, VA

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Bad Flavor

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

Trop50 tastes like very dilute Tang -- artificial and watery. If you want fewer calories, drink a smaller portion of REAL orange juice and enjoy it! I bought a bottle, believing the ad's claims. Don't waste your time or money on this product.

Not all Trop50 products are the same

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

I purchased the Pomegranate-Blueberry, but didn't read the label carefully enough. Besides being only 42-45% juice, the top two ingredients are filtered water, then apple juice. Thereafter, it is pomegranate, grape, and finally blueberry juice in a distant fifth place. In other words, you're not really getting what is on the label.

In contrast, the Trop50 Mango-Pineapple has as its two top ingredients (besides, the No. 1 ingredient filtered water) mango and pineapple. In other words, with that product, you are getting what you paid for.

It dawned on me that it would make more sense to buy 100% juice and then just fill up half the glass with water.

All about the flavor

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

I have to be honest, Orange juice does not last in my home. 1/2 gallon is gone the same day we buy it around here. Since we enjoy it so much, I don't often switch my brand or, try a new variety. I decided o try Tropicana 50 because I read an article about fruit juices and the amount of sugar they contain. Right off the bat, I noticed that it tasted lighter than the original version. I mean, it was somewhat more watery in taste. It also tasted a bit sweeter than I had expected it to be. I was somewhat puzzled about how it could be both less calories and sweeter in taste. It is made with an artificial sugar source. I don't like that very much. It was pleasant in overall taste, just not what I expected. This orange juice lasted a whole week in our home, which was strange. The fact that it has 50 calories per serving did not make up for the very light taste of orange juice. It lacked the overall bulk or weight of natural 100 percent juice. If I were dieting, I would purchase this version quite often. I have purchased it several times after the initial trial. my children and I enjoy it very much when it is frozen and made into popcicles. In essence, they make for a great frozen treat.

Consider buying another brand.

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

Apart from not being the best tasting orange juice in the market, its also not the cheapest; making it easier to find a better tasting brand of orange juice, at a better price. In my opinion, it tasted like orange juice with a lot of water mixed into it.

Do not buy

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

Bought this as was on offer and some time ago I was on a Tropicana panel. The product is AWFUL. Bitter and watery nothing like the original product. It has no taste of orange, or any other fruit. Maybe it's short on calories as you don't want to drink very much of it. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing again even at give away prices.

You've tropped the baton tropicana!!

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

Horrible stuff, tastes like cheap orange squash that you add water to, with the added after taste of sweetener. I can guarantee you wont see this product around for long, just a marketing gimmick to rip poeple off!!!

Watered Down Product disgissed as Orange Juice.

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

I bought three bottles of this junk, packaged and designed to look like Tropicana Orange Juice, but the packaging is there just to fool you, it actually says orange drink, which is advertising speak for watered down.

I can add 50% water to my orange juice if I want it watered down, and save 1/2 the cost. However, I wanted Orange Juice.

I'll just pass on Tropicana in the future, they are obviously trying to scam loyal customers.

Leaves you with a bloated feeling!

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

I think it tastes fine. It is definitely different from regular orange juice and I noticed that it is a lot thinner consistency! But I liked it. Until about an hour after I drink it, I notice that I get a stomach ache and am very bloated. I didn't relate it to the juice until my husband said it happened to him too! It must be the artificial sweetner! I will not buy this product again!

The taste of watered down Kool Aid...

from Bethlehem, GA

Comments about Tropicana - Trop 50:

I guess if you are really concerned about calories or need less sugar due to medical reasons then this might be the juice for you. However, if you are getting this juice and expect the same taste - or even close - to the real thing, then I think you will disappointed. I have tried the Pom and Blueberry and the OJ and found both to have the flavor of watered down kool aid. Tasted nothing like the real full calorie/full sugar juices and I personally didn't care for it. I would rather buy my regular full calorie juice and add some water myself. At least then I could get a more full 'bodied' flavor by adding more or less water to suit my taste. If either of the flavors I tried were even remotely close to the flavor of actual juice I would have given this 5 stars but sorry Tropicana, it wasn't even close.