3.4
Trazodone
Trazodone Depression Medicine

Trazodone Depression Medicine

3.4

Trazadone is great for deep sleep and weight loss

My Endocronologist prescribed trazadone for me as I am over weight, have problems sleeping, and a serotonin deficiency.  There is a tiny bit of serotonin in Trazadone which helps to achieve comfortable deep replenishing sleep.  I've never slept so well.  The Trazadone multiplies serotonin in the brain, which stops the body from craving bad carbohydrates.  I've lost 35 pounds in 5 months.

Woke up a lot but was able to fall right back to sleep.

While it was suppose to help me sleep better, my experience was I still woke often but was able to fall back to sleep within a few minutes.  The serious downside was not wanting to get out of bed after 9 - 11 hours.  It tends to linger in making me sleepy in the morning.

I have not had such good results with this med

from Westminster, SC

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

I was prescribed the medication Trazodone about six months ago to help me sleep and combat some slight depression I have been experiencing. At first when I started taking the medication I had pretty good results. It seems though after it got in my system it is not effective as it was at first. Its as if I am not taking it. I do not want to increase the dose as the doctor has recommended. I have noticed that I frequently have a bad taste in my mouth and also have been experiencing very vivid and sometime very frightening dreams. I told my doctor about this and he said that these are very commonly reported side effects. He did not suggest any new prescription at this time. I have not been taking it as I am supposed to. It just seems to me that the bad effects outway the good with this medication. So to all of you who read this , if your doctor tries to put you on Trazodone, I would tell him to give you something else. It seems to be a waste of money for me, someone who pays for my own heathcare costs. It is not a drug that is worth buying. Take it from me a dissatisfied user.

Trazodone isn't right for everyone...

from Mason City, IA

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for years now and just this year I have been trying to get my life on track since I got married and had a baby. I started seeing someone for my depression and anxiety and came clean about how I cannot stop constantly thinking while I am trying to sleep. I got prescribed Trazadone to help me sleep. I was put on 50 mg, and I was supposed to take it a couple hours before bedtime. I followed my doctors orders, but nothing changed. I still couldn't sleep and I didn't know what to do. When I did fall asleep 6 hours later, I had trouble waking up in the morning. When I did wake up I still felt really drowsy and I couldn't function the way I needed to care for my son.

Another problem is that while trying to fall asleep my mouth was so dry all I could think about was water. I had to keep getting up to get something to drink. In the end I feel like I got less sleep than before, and I just stopped taking the medication. I take different medications for my depression and anxiety and they seem to be working. I would not recommend this medication because it did not work for me at all.

I don't find trazodone effective in helping with insomnia.

from Manchester, NH

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

i have suffered from insomnia for quite a long time now. My docor originally told me to take melatonin to try and help me sleep. A few years later, after use of melatonin and years of Tylenol PM, I was prescribed my first medication for sleep. I was given 150 mg of Trazodone.  I was told to take a third of a pill a night to help me sleep . For a week or two, this seemed to work, though I soon found I had to take two thirds of the pill to fall asleep. Soon I was taking a whole pill and not sleeping at all. My doctor told me I could safely take up to two pills a day. After about two months i would take this many too just lower my anxiety. There were also bad side effects to the trazodone. i would wake up in the middle of the night with horrible night sweats. I also had very vivid dreams. Overall, Trazodone was not effective as a long term aid for my insomnia. I did not think it was very helpful at all.

helps u to relax and sleep

from Breckenridge, MN

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

Trazadone is for people who suffer from lack of sleep and anxiety-depression.  It is a anti-

depression medication.  I use 150mg per  pill.  I am currently taking 3 150mg tablets, 2 at bedtime

1 in morning.  It helps with my anxiety and helps me sleep at night.

I have been on this medication for quite a few years. I started out taking 50mgs then went up to

150mgs.  It still has the same effect that it did when I first started using this medication, that was

10 years ago if not more.   I have been able to sleep thru the night. I recommend it for people who

have extreme insomina and anxiety during the day.It also helps with my nose running all the time

since  taking an extra 150mg during the day, I started taking it this year.

I am able to provide more information of this medication.

I like it very much and hope it can work this way for others. If this drug is prescribe to you, it will

help you be more relaxed when taking during the day.  It also relieve's my anxitey and I sleep

good now.

Trazodone is great for helping you sleep!

from Muscle Shoals, AL

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

I was having trouble sleeping ans was prescribed this medication for help with the problem. It does help me to sleep and makes me fall asleep faster. I do feel hungover sometimes after waking in the mornings.

Wake up feeling great

from Portland, OR

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

The title of this particular review that caught my eye was sleep great and lose weight.  While I agree complelty with the sleeping great part, I would disagree with the losing weight on this product.  I personally find myself hungry when I use this medication.  This product is not only an anti-depressant but it is also used for those who are diagnosed insomniacs as well as other ailgments as per your doctor.  I used this prodcut for about 2 years and I loved it.  I will admit that every 6 months or so they had to adjust the dose because I got accustomed to it and would start not sleeping again.  I would say this for men who are considering using this product.  There is a rare but harmful side affect with this medication called priapisim.  It basically is an erection that last longer than 4 hours and can be very very harmful and painful to treat.  Other than that I would say this stuff works, for some reason you wake up feeling great which I found odd but a welcome thing.

TRAZODONE PUT THE Z BACK IN MY ZLEEP

from Ironton, OH

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

I HAVE BEEN TAKING TRAZODONE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

I WAS ON AMBIEN, WHICH CAUSED ME TO FEEL DRUGGED.

WITH TRAZODONE MY SLEEP IS MORE REGULATED AND

I WAKE UP MORE REJUVENATED.  I AM ALSO MORE

ENERGETIC DURING THE DAYTIME HOURS.  I WOULD SAY THAT

TRAZODONE ALSO ALLOWS ME TO CONTROL MY APPETITE .

I BELIEVE THAT MY INCREASED ACTIVITY LEVEL, ALONG WITH

MY SUPPRESSED FEELINGS OF HUNGER HAVE ALLOWED MY

WEIGHT TO BECOME MORE STABILIZED. I WOULD DEFINITELY

REFER THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE WITH PROBLEMS SIMILAR

TO MINE.

GREAT LONG TERM SLEEP MED

from Bethel Park, PA

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

Trazadone is one of the older sleep medicines that were utilized long before the advent of Lunesta and Ambien. Although technically considered an anti depressant, trazadone is often prescribed in such quantity when eaten before bed time it can help induce sleep. I have used it for a long time, and unlike Lunesta or Ambien, I have not developed any form of tolerance. One great thing about this drug is it's low cost. You can literally fill a month perscription for the cost of ONR Ambien pill. This makes Trazadone a very attractive option to those without health insurance. Aside from feeling a lille groggy for maybe 10 minutes after waking up, it has no residual side effects which is a blessing.

really helps with falling asleep, makes getting up hard

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

Trazodone does a really great job at helping me fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night, but it makes it very difficult to get up in the morning.  Trazodone is known to be safe to use and non habbit forming.  It can also be used "as needed", meaning it does not take time to build up in your body, so you can use it on the nights you need it and not on the nights you think you will be able to fall asleep and stay asleep on your own.  When you take trazadone you need to make sure to get plenty of sleep to give it time to wear off, because like I said before taking Trazadone can make it really hard to get up in the morning.  Unlike a lot of prescriptions Tazadone is realivly inexpensive.  I do not take Trazodone as much as I used to, because I take a diffrient medacine at night (intended for a diffrient purppose), that makes me quite tired, but some nights Trazadone can still be helpful.

Trazadone gives me a "hangover" Headache

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Trazodone Depression Medicine:

I never tried this medication for weight loss, but for sleep. I had to stop because it gave me a residual headache in the morning....I was also very sleepy and groggy the next day.... I would not think that this would be conducive to weight loss in any way.I think that a medication for weight loss would provide energy, rather than "suck it out of you"!