2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:

I love to find last minute travel deals on Travelzoo.com.

Travelzoo.com is a good basic site for finding deals on hotels, airline tickets, rental cars, vacation packages, and cruises. I’ve been using Travelzoo.com for a few years. My husband and I booked a cruise and needed airline tickets and a hotel room in the Boston area for 2 nights, as cheap as possible. So we turned to Travelzoo to check out the deals and found a terrific price on airline tickets and the hotel room.

Features
Travelzoo has an email option that will shoot subscribers an email when hot deals from their area are found. It's called Newsflash. Travelzoo also sends something called the weekly Top 20 list every Wednesday. The Top 20 is a list of the top 20 best travel deals on the web for that week and they sell out quickly. There are some really great deals to be snapped up from the Top 20 list. Last fall I got a great deal on a car rental when I traveled to Tennessee. It was listed in the Top 20 list and I snapped it up as soon as the email came thru. You can subscribe to the Top 20 list right on the homepage of Travelzoo.com and there is an option to also receive the Newsflash bulletins while doing so. You can also view the Top 20 list and the Newsflash right on the website if you don't want to subscribe.

Difficult to use or just a scam

I subscribe to Travelzoo "deals" for about 2 years and never was able to get one single deal out of it.

Why does it NOT work?...Read complete review

Why does it NOT work? First it advertises the deals, covering everything from quick vacations, tickets, auto rentals through hotels and air fares. The idea is really good, however when you click to go to the deal, start the questions... Where are you flying out from... where you are going to... dates of travel (in which the site never mention the dates OF THE DISCOUNT... so after answering and trying to guess 100 time when is the deal good to and which dates you could maybe get the deal... you will find out that it is all a scam. There is no deal! And you have wasted your time trying to book a deal that doesn't exist.

I am writing this review to warn other users, to see if we can change this service. I really would like this site to post the dates of said deals, the time you were supposed to fly in order to obtain the deal, how many discounted seats are offered. And I really wish this site provided the user the information they need to obtain the advertised deal.

Waste of time. Travelzoo partners with questionable vendors

from Port Charlotte, FL

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

Don't waste your time trying to find and actually book travel deals through this company. For over a decade I've received and read the multiple offers sent to my email every week by Travelzoo. I have found travel deals and packages that looked enticing. In the past, we purchased event tickets, packages, and even booked a cruise using Travelzoo. The last two offers I tried to book ended up being bogus. My most recent bad experience happened this week. Travelzoo's "Top 20 List" included a 5 night package to Paris from several US cities. The package included r/t air and hotel for $599 per person. I followed the booking directions provided by Travelzoo, which connected me with the vendor, Fleetway Travel. I went through all the steps, answering all the questions, selecting the available dates, airports, upgrades, and options. I completed the required documentation and registration. At the conclusion of this process, Fleetway's online booking told me my travel reservation had been submitted and that someone would contact me the next day for payment processing. Three days passed and I had not been contacted. I tried to call Fleetway Travel and couldn't get through (number I had went to The UK). I contacted Travelzoo customer service and they told me they would look into my reservation. The next day Travelzoo Customer Rep., Lisa called me and said Fleetway had my reservation and would be calling me shortly. Later that day, I finally got a call from Fleetway Travel. They denied having a record of my reservation and the Fleetway Rep. told me they have not been able to process or even read the reservations submitted via their website due to the heavy volume of calls they had been receiving. The Fleetway Rep would not honor my reservation, look for my reservation, or even acknowledge that they had received a submission from me. I told the Fleetway Rep. my exact submission dates and that I had followed the directions provided by their and Travelzoo's websites, and that I was su

0 if it were an option

from Naples, FL

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

Will never use again, false & misleading advertising, horrible tour company (Sinorama) who's Terms & Conditions are both incomplete, but misleading and contradictory. Completely 100% inflexible and willing to make any changes of any sort, despite their Terms & Conditions allowing for such.

TravelZoo Canada is terrible

from Toronto Canada

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

Be very careful when buying vouchers from TravelZoo Canada (Toronto). I've been burned by two restaurants going out of business, and there aren't a lot of options to choose from when they give you a credit to compensate. And you may only find something at a lesser value. They were not sympathetic about the inconvenience - they would only credit the value of the voucher, and were very slow in responding. Consider other deal sites instead!

Lovely hotel in the heart of Halifax

from Fredericton, NB

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

We bought a Travel Zoo voucher for a petit suite at the Lord Nelson, but the hotel had none available for our date. They offered an upgrade that included hot breakfast buffet for an extra $50.00 and it was soooooo worth it! This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely location, close to everything, and across the street from the Public Gardens. Service is impeccable and staff are friendly, helpful, and quick to smile.

Deals delivered to your email address!

from Orange County, Ca

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

I look forward to my weekly emails from Travel Zoo! I use Travel Zoo mainly for local budget deals for my family. The emails describe in detail what deal is, dates available and the specifics. My best deal has been purchasing Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball tickets. I used my credit card via the website to purchase 3 tickets for me, my
daughter and nephew. The tickets were $8 a piece, which are worth over $20 a piece's! On game day, we walked to the front of the Stadium and found a red and blue "Travel Zoo" banner. I gave the employee my ID and confirmation paper that I printed out when I purchased the tickets online.

Features
Emails give enticing headings on local deals throughout Orangs County. The majority cater to family deals and weekend getaways to a local travel destination.

Customer Service
Excellent customer service! The customer service
rep at the stadium told us to look out for more Angels tickets in the future.

• Customer Service:

Very Large Selection of Different Travel Deals!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

This is a great site to find a large variety of different trip deals. Find vacation packages or plan your vacation step by step with the great deals you find on this site. It has a good variety of categories to choose from and you can even find last minute deals as there's a category for this as well. Find deals on flights, hotels, cruises, or the entire vacation package.

I have subscribed to TravelZoo for over 6 months now, that's the only way you can get the deals. I tried to see the deals without subscribing, but it kept popping up to subscribe before I could click on anything. As soon as you click on a vacation deal, it takes you to a popup to join the site and you have to put in your email address. Then, it redirects you back to the deals. It is worth subscribing to find the great vacation packages this site has to offer. You can search for vacation packages by four different search results. You can choose to see the results by what is recommended, the price, customer ratings, or distance.

Features
They have a really large amount of different vacation packages and deals. Just from looking through them it shows you can save quite a lot of money, depending on when you travel. You can also search and create your own package as there are many different deals on this site. Some of the categories to choose from are activities, entertainment, spas, car rentals, restaurant, cruises, and so many more. There is a large selection of different features to this, I couldn't name them all. It can be overwhelming, but as long as you know what you want, you can find the deal on this site.

Great Deals. Some Too Good To Be True

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

Travelzoo provides some really awesome trips on their site. In addition to providing flight and vacation deals, they also provides deals for events as well. The prices are usually great. I have, unfortunately, run into a bad deal from them before. They resolved and refunded my money, however, the time involved was frustrating.

Travelzoo is extremely easy to use. You can sign up for emails and they will email you updates on deals. Once you are on the site you can purchase the deal you want. It is that simple. The terms are simply stated on the site too.

Features
The site has basic features. You pick your deal, pick your dates, and purchase it. Sometimes you will receive a voucher that you use at the third party site. Either way, the deal seems secure.

Customer Service
Overall, the level of customer service I received was ok. As I stated previously, I used Travelzoo to purchase a trip to Las Vegas. However, it turned out the company that was sponsoring the deal was not legit. I had to demand a refund and go through both Travelzoo and the third party site to obtain my refund.

Bells and whistles

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

If there is truly anything to love about Travelzoo.com it has to be all of it's bells and whistles. Although similar to some of the top travel sites - there are several remarkable differences, both good and bad in my opinion. They have a holiday gift guide - every year or at least for the past 3 years that I have known of. I was intrigued by it a few years ago. Once I looked at what was available for the city that I would be in - I was able to find several deals to take advantage of to enhance my visit with my family. We had a great time and, I saved a couple bucks. The next holiday season I was quite disappointed by the fact that their holiday gift guide did not include the city or any cities near where I live ( I didn't travel but wanted to use the gift guide anyway.) This year yet again, no shows or activities available near me. I still browse the site in spite of the fact that they have nothing available for me in the moment. The one thing I don't like about the site is that it forces you to enter your email in order to gain continued access to the site. I hate how companies do that because the force you into getting spammed to often. That is the one thing I would change about the site.

• Customer Service:

Don't book hotels with them

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

I booked a hotel with Travelzoo and it is non refundable, which I did not know. Now I am out of $200 because of them, do not book with them!!!!!!!!!

Customer Service
I called customer service and they told me to call the hotel and the hotel told me to call Travelzoo. Poor communication...

• Customer Service:

No saving, deal,or discounts with TravelZoo,read the fine prints

Comments about Travelzoo.com:

Travelzoo is a scam. They have soooo much on the fine prints. The hotel charged me a taxes at the time of the check out, because I had bought from Travelzoo. The hotel that I stayed at would have been exactly the same price if I had booked directly from the hotel and would have included tax. I have stayed at many hotels and resorts and the price that you pay always includes tax and I never have to pay the tax at the time of check out. There is no deal or discount with travelzoo, is all a scam.