Other Shampoos:

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle gives you salon-quality luxury

I have been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle for over a year now, and I couldn't be more pleased. It gives me the same invigorating cleansing experience spas have provided in the past, yet I can enjoy it every day. The peppermint sensation makes me feel as cool and refreshed as I can be, and the other herbal oils give me a pleasant, clean smell.

It costs no more than a quality shampoo found in any grocery store, so I can pamper myself without breaking the bank. Used in concert with the Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner and Tea Tree Tingle Body Wash, every shower leaves me feeling refreshed and squeaky-clean. What I like best is what this line does with my very unruly, coarse hair. In the past, name brands that have promised to help manage "coarse hair" have only weighed it down with heavy residues and made my hair look greasy. Tea Tree Tingle moisturizes my hair, but then rinses out completely. Even though it is labeled for all hair types, I highly recommend it for people with coarse and/or damaged hair.

Pleasant but unimpressive

I tried my sister's bottle of **Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo** several times while we vacationed together.  I had used Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree shampoo in the past and expected a similar shampoo, but I was very disappointed.

**What I like about it:  **The smell is fresh and pleasant, but not very pungent.  It's a natural product with recycleable packaging, which is really important to me.  the shampoo rinses clean and doesn't feel like it leaves ay residue.  That's pretty much where my "likes" end.

**What I don't like about it:  **It lathers well...for about 2 seconds!  I didn't get enough lather out of about a quarter sized dollop to even lather my whole head up.  The bubbles seem to dissipate as soon as you apply it to your hair.  The "tingle" just doesn't happen!  And after rinsing, my hair didn't feel as clean as I hoped it would.

Overall, it's natural, organic, and nice, but nothing exciting.  I don't recommend this shampoo, and would suggest trying Paul Mitchell's version if you want some real tingle!

Good shampoo

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo is a product that I purchased once at Trader Joe's but I will not likely purchase it again because of the ingredients that are included in this shampoo. I find that it cleans hair very well. This shampoo leaves hair smelling fresh, feeling clean, and looking very shiny. It creates a good amount of suds and does a good job removing products that have built up in my hair. I originally purchased this shampoo because of the good experience I have had with the Trader Joe's line of products. It is unlikely that I will purchase this shampoo again because of the ingredients. I am hesitant about using tea tree oil on a regular basis because of the potential effects it could have on my overall health.

I think the product is very effective at cleaning a person's hair. It makes a good amount of suds when this shampoo is massaged into the scalp and leaves your hair shiny and clean.

I enjoy the scent of this shampoo and would say it has a pleasant scent. You can smell the tea tree oil but it is not overpowering.

Refreshing and revitalizing!

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

This shampoo feels good on my scalp. I have dry scalp and curly hair so that's not ideal. This is a shampoo I use on a weekly basis to give my scalp a thorough cleanse when I am not suing my regular moisturizing shampoo. It feels great and the smell is energizing so it's a perfect morning pick me up!

Smell is great, but not overpowering

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

I love the tea tree smell that this product has, but it doesn't linger in your hair all day. My scalp feels nice and clean after using, but my hair still feels soft and not dried out. I'm in my late 20s and my hair is finally transitioning out of that oily stage, but isn't there just yet. This shampoo is great for that because it deep cleans, but doesn't dry my hair out.

Tingly

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

We have been using this shampoo for about six months now. It has a refreshing scent that doesn't linger after your shower, which is a bonus for me. You can really feel the tea tree oil in it, my scalp gets tingly every time I use it. It was a somewhat strange sensation at first, but I have come to actually like it. It is a pretty low sud producing product, but I feel my scalp is clean without having to use an excessive amount. I haven't really noticed increased shine or volume or supermodel hair, but this product doesn't make any of those claims. It cleans hair well and I can't say I have many complaints. I do try to keep the suds off the rest of me due to the tingly factor, while pleasant on my scalp, it is less pleasant on other parts of me. I think it is a good product and I really don't have complaints. When considering the price, it is far better than other shampoos priced similarly.

Refreshing.

It tingles and leaves my hair shiny

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

This is an awesome product because it cleans my hair well and leaves it shiny. But my favorite part is that it makes my scalp tingle slightly, and that feels soothing. I see this tingling as a sign that it's working on my scalp, removing flakes and dirt and oil.

My hair, which is often unruly and dull, becomes shiny and soft after I use this shampoo. I have very long hair, which benefits from deep cleaning several times a week, and this shampoo is great for that.

It's hard to describe it, but I perceive it to be minty in an edible way, but not sickeningly sweet. It's just right.

My Go-To Shampoo

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

What can I say? I love this shampoo! My husband and I both use it and it's great. The price is right, it's SLS free, and it's effective. Most SLS-free shampoos are expensive and leave my hair feeling unwashed and it gets greasy so quickly after. But I can skip a day of washing with this stuff. My method of shampooing my long hair is to only shampoo my scalp and let the suds dip down to the ends of my hair which are dryer and don't need as much cleaning.

This shampoo has a rating of 4 (yellow) on the EWG site. There are a few ingredients that are less than ideal. I wish it could be formulated to be at least a 3/ Green rating. This is the only negative I have about this shampoo.

I have tried going "poo-free" or using a natural bar soap as shampoo in the past, and I always come back to this. Nothing works as well for my sometimes oily scalp.

If you are a fan of tea tree oil, then you will like this. It's not overwhelming, but it does tingle from the tea tree. It's not heavily perfumed like some other shampoos, so this won't leave your hair smelling at all. Just neutral.

works well

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

I bought this shampoo because it was in Trader Joe's and it was cheap. I was pleasantly surprised by the results of this shampoo. The smell is pleasant and the shampoo feels rich. it really does a great job at cleaning kids sweaty hair on a daily basis during the summer. It left a nice shine after towel drying the hair. The ingredients seem fine for now. All you need is a quarter size amount and it will work well. This product has to work well because its almost always out of stock. I like the fact that it includes tree tea oil. According to what I have read it is suppose to help with germs and cure dandruff. In my opinion you can get away with daily use. As far as the dandruff I think it depends on the person. In my household it works for some and not others. One teen boy had no problems at all. But the other one was flaking real bad. But I understand that teens have a higher cell renewal. My girls had no problems at all. My husband tired it over the weekend and he reported no problems. But he uses the natural anti dandruff shampoo during the week. I would say try it. Its inexpensive to purchase.

Tea tree shampoo is worth your every penny!!

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

I have myself used this great bottle of tea tree shampoo. Gives a good tingling soothing effect after use. Cools your scalp and you get a clean feel. I love the smell and the aroma and its clam. Not a loud strong scent. But a subtle one. I like this and I highly recommend this for those having sensitive skin and dandruff.

Really effective for those who have dandruff problems and who wish to keep their scalp really healthy and clean.

For those who love tea tree scent, this is perfect. A really soothing, relaxing aroma that gives you good relief from stress.

Really not bad for the price

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

Anyone who uses shampoos that are free of Sodium Laurel Sulfate knows that its hard to do on a budget, so of course I was overjoyed to find this shampoo at my local Trader Joe's for a very a reasonable price! It smells nice and fresh and the formula is really quite cleansing, and foams up really well, especially being that its SLS-free. Is it my preferred brand of shampoo? No, it's not, but it's easily available and inexpensive and SLS-free so I would not hesitate to use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo again. It worked fine!

It did clean my hair with a tingly fresh feeling while remaining gentle enough, it did not feel over drying or overly aggressive or anything like that. I think its a good, solid product.

Its formulated with Tea Tree Oil, so it does sort of share that same kind of scent (although not nearly as aggressive as the straight Tea Tree Oil), but it does have a hint of freshness. It smells clean and fresh, kind of good.

Invigorating shampoo with no sulfates

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo:

If you really like the scent of tea tree oil and the feeling of a tingling soap, this is the shampoo for you. It really does have a pretty strong scent, and it will leave your scalp and skin tingling a little bit. For me, that's perfect - it contributes to the feeling that I'm getting cleaner and makes me enjoy the experience of washing my hair more. (It might not be the right choice if you have sensitive skin, though, and watch out for your eyes when you rinse it out!)

As a person with drier, curly/wavy hair, I especially appreciate that this shampoo doesn't have laurel/laureth sulfates in its formulation. Hair products without them tend to work much better on some curly hair types, but they can also tend to be much more expensive or difficult to find than your average shampoo. This product has made it easy for me to find a shampoo that will work with my hair type, at a very reasonable price point.