Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter

Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter

My favorite way to start the day!!!

from Lafayette, IN

Comments about Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter:

I recently read the book, "Eat Right for your (blood) Type"...and was shocked that my weight (finally) started dropping off (at age 61)... without any effort on my part except to eliminate foods in the 'avoid' list.  There were a only a few things I was sick about eliminating, one of which was my organic peanut butter...which I LOVE and ate a little of each day.  I couldn't imagine being able to totally avoid it.  I switched over to almond butter which was ok but just wasn't what I really wanted; figured I'd just get used to it in time.  My diet list approved sunflower seeds, so I picked up a jar of Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter just to give it a try.  Wow!  I can honestly say that I would NEVER switch back to peanut butter!  I'm hooked on this stuff and begin every day with banana slices with sunflower seed butter and a cup of green tea (which I did have to adjust to over my favorite black Earl Grey, but that's ok.)  I'm a happy camper again!

Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter is delicious!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter:

First off, I love the flavor of Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter and we buy that instead of peanut butter.  The only thing I would change about it -is I always add flax seed meal to it before eating.  The flax seed meal adds a nutty flavor and extra fiber that I can't resist.  I love the fact that there is only three ingredients; sunflower seeds, evaporated cane juice, and salt. (NO hydrogenated oils!!)  Nothing artificial or un-natural!  The nutritional facts are similar to peanut butter; for each 2 Tbsp you get 200 calories of which 160 are fat (mostly Mono & Polyunsaturated).  You will get 7gm. carbs, 7gm. protein, and 120mg. sodium.  Priced right and can be used just like you would peanut butter!

Excellent quality, excellent price!

from North Weymouth, MA

Comments about Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter:

Due to my son's peanut allergy, we use Trader Joe's sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter. We love this version! It is literally half the price of other brands of sunflower seed butter, but is an excellent quality. It has no refined sugars or hydrogenated oils, and is loaded with protein and nutrition. It is slightly sweet, nutty, and spreads easily. High recommended!